The Student Room Group

Do your parents hit you?

My dad has always hit me for not doing what he wants or for my 'bad' attitude. I for one would never hit my own child.
An example of this was last night when he and my mum were in bed they kept talknig and kissing and I was meant to have an exam today so at midnight i was just going over my stuff so I opened my door and said can you please be quiet?? im trying to study! then he comes barging into my room saying who the **** do you think you are and all this then picks up my juice as if he was going to throw it on me (he decided not to though i presume because my mum ocd and this would have driven her crazy) then he snapped my pen then he hit me on the head with his hands in a slapping motion then his hand got caught on my lip so the inside of my mouth is now all swollen he then left then had a discussion with my mum then came back into my room and slapped me again.

Did I really deserve that? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So.. you can hear your mum and dad talking from in your room with all doors shut?

Bad house building quality right there.
Reply 2
Original post by Tommyjw
So.. you can hear your mum and dad talking from in your room with all doors shut?

Yes. They keep theirs open because I have a little brother.
Reply 3
well if a child is rebellious then one must instigate authority within reason. hence splapping or beating in my veiw is only condemable if one has used that as an excuse over minor worn doings. other than that the parent should retain their right to discipline children.

peace out
Nothing serious, only the silly little "taps" or whatever to keep us in control when words aren't enough. Not been "hit" since I was like 10 though. :eyebrow:
That doesn't seem that bad compared to other 'my parents beat me stories'.

A bust lip is nothing, trust me!
Reply 6
Original post by Tommyjw

I don't think they were talking which kept him up :sexface:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

Of course you don't deserve that. What does your mum have to say about this? She agrees with him hitting you?
they did until I laid them both out, now I tell them when bedtime is
No! You definitely didn't deserve to be hit like that, unless you were being really rude and cheeky, but still even at that, he didn't need to hit you several times. :eek: I'm assuming your a boy (sorry if you're not) What age are you?

Your dad sounds like as though he's got anger issues and a very short temper. Just try your best to not be cheeky/rude or if he's acting like this just go to your room and ignore him. What does your mum think/do? Could you speak to her?

My dad never hits me, because he's generally nice to me and so i'm not cheeky, but my mum has hit me occasionally if i'm being really cheeky to her (usually a slap on the face, or just a slap in general). Nothing major...i'm sure most of us have had the odd slap.
They did when I was < 8 and being a twerp.

NOW I AM TOO BIG!!! :evil:
Reply 11
I'm actually a girl.
Reply 12
If they both agree you deserve to be hit, then maybe you deserve to be hit? :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
My dad has always hit me for not doing what he wants or for my 'bad' attitude. I for one would never hit my own child.
An example of this was last night when he and my mum were in bed they kept talknig and kissing and I was meant to have an exam today so at midnight i was just going over my stuff so I opened my door and said can you please be quiet?? im trying to study! then he comes barging into my room saying who the **** do you think you are and all this then picks up my juice as if he was going to throw it on me (he decided not to though i presume because my mum ocd and this would have driven her crazy) then he snapped my pen then he hit me on the head with his hands in a slapping motion then his hand got caught on my lip so the inside of my mouth is now all swollen he then left then had a discussion with my mum then came back into my room and slapped me again.

Its domestic abuse and it is entirely wrong :frown: I hope you can get all the help you need because your life sounds awful, my parents would never hit me nor me hit them, its an unspoken thing but it must happen. Best wishes :console:
i think you should talk to your mum,if he hits you reguarlarly, then it may be a good idea to speak to an adult you trust to get some advice, or theres plenty of helplines out there.
and no you defintely dont deserve this, and dont think that for a secound :smile:
My parents would be too scared to hit me
That is really, really awful :hugs:

I've only ever had smacks on the bum as a kid, for being naughty etc. I think the last time was when I was like 7 or 8.

There's no way either of my parents would hit me like that. I hope you're okay OP :frown: It must be really awful to live with someone like that. What does your mum say about it, and does it happen a lot?
Reply 17
Little ****es deserve it :dontknow:
My dad has struck me in the past. It wasn't nice.
Reply 19
They did when as a child I deserved it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending