The Student Room Group

The ugliest name you can think of...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crazyunicorn133
Mildred.

Oh and anything chavvy (Chardonnay / Lacoste / Chelsea...)

Lacoste! :rofl: You're kidding, right?

Right? :s-smilie:
Veerle. Sorry Dutch folk, but how does that constitute a girl's name!?

I guess I also dislike Vera, Verity and Prudence. =/ Hortense is another one.
Reply 122
This is a redundant thread. Names aren't ugly - their popularity is determined by the times. Names like Mary, or Bertha, Gertrude, Constance aren't popular now and are probably thought of as ugly, but they didn't used to be considered so, and perhaps in a hundred years won't be.

I'd say 'modern' names like Britney, Beyonce and Alicia are ugly. These days, those names are like the red indians who named their children after the first thing they saw outside the wigwam, instead naming their kids after the first person they hear on the radio. Eugh.

Whoever said Bernadette should be shot!
Gertrude!!

(apologies if any of you are called this)
Shaniqua
Original post by Broderss
Keith.

Gertrude.

family guy ftw =D
Original post by EskimoJo
Lacoste! :rofl: You're kidding, right?

Right? :s-smilie:

Lol I wish I was...
Oh the joys of living so close to Liverpool :tongue:

(no offense to scousers intended here, but I heard it on the train and was like WTF?)
Original post by CatatonicStupor
Veerle. Sorry Dutch folk, but how does that constitute a girl's name!?

I guess I also dislike Vera, Verity and Prudence. =/ Hortense is another one.

I know a girl who's first name is prudence and middle name is verity...

unlucky.
Reply 128
Original post by rylit91
This is a redundant thread. Names aren't ugly - their popularity is determined by the times. Names like Mary, or Bertha, Gertrude, Constance aren't popular now and are probably thought of as ugly, but they didn't used to be considered so, and perhaps in a hundred years won't be.

I'd say 'modern' names like Britney, Beyonce and Alicia are ugly. These days, those names are like the red indians who named their children after the first thing they saw outside the wigwam, instead naming their kids after the first person they hear on the radio. Eugh.

Whoever said Bernadette should be shot!

I basically agree with you, but Alicia isn't a modern name!

Having said that, I think Gertrude is just a horrible name regardless of circumstance.
bernadette, ruth, vera, viera, betty, bertha, chelsea, jade, gertrude, mandasue...
shambeque
hahaa
Agnes Cockburn
Reply 132
Original post by The_Goose
family guy ftw =D

:borat:

nice :five:
The nicest name I don't like (I know that makes no sense) is Claire/Clare. It just seems so, blaaaah! :s-smilie: Sorry! :o: Names like Gertrude are 'obvious' ugly.
Original post by Hooovan*
I kid you not, I've met someone named Charlene Krystal.

Was this someone naked and having money thrown at her?
Original post by bramblerose
The title basically says it all... what's the worst name you know? Particularly girls' names

Bramlerose fugly name
Reply 136
Pricillia
Angharad.

seriously, why?
Reply 138
Gertrude definitely seems to be winning here...and it's the first name I thought of
Also hate Edith, Bertha, Norma etc and things like Chardonnay, Crystal n chavvy names like that...tho when i was about 10 i announced to my mum that when i had a baby i would call it chardonnay - i think it was the same day as i tried my first sip of chardonnay wine....She wont let me live it down!
Reply 139
Chlamydia and Sifilis

Me and my friends thought they sounded like posh peoples names lol. Just imaging saying them with "darling" added on to the end.

Quick Reply

Latest