The Student Room Group

University of York Interview

I have been asked to attend an interview on the 17th of this month... can anyone give me advice on York itself...

Im thinking about getting the train there, and just wondering how close the university is to the train station?

Also any advice on what may come up from those who have had interviews previously would be very helpful for me and anyone else on here who has been invited :smile:
Reply 1
Hi, I'm a current Yls student so I may be able to help you out here. If you get off the train at York then you need to catch the number 4 or the 44. Either way if you're going to the law school you need to get off at the last stop - heslington east.

The interview itself isnt something to lose sleep over. All the academics are nice and they're not trying to catch you out. In mine it was just questions like should public funding be spent on public art or healthcare and whether I thought the law should interfere in private life. Dont research answers to the questions - they seemed to like listening to your thoughts and how you reasoned.

Good luck!
So what are you intending to wear to interview? I'm hoping to get one at some point but haven't heard yet :s-smilie: will it be smart casual do you think?
Original post by Barnowl
I have been asked to attend an interview on the 17th of this month... can anyone give me advice on York itself...

Im thinking about getting the train there, and just wondering how close the university is to the train station?

Also any advice on what may come up from those who have had interviews previously would be very helpful for me and anyone else on here who has been invited :smile:

I shall be seeing you there (weather permitting of course!) :smile:
Have you any need for accommodation the night before? I'm in a dilemma as York did not mention that they offered accommodation to those who may need it (no trains early enough for me) thus, I will possibly need to stay at a hotel for the night.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending