This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 320 UCAS Tariff points
including
160 points

from two GCE A Levels

including

GCE A level
Grade B - Physical Education

Confused about the bit I have highlighted, if 160 comes from 2 A levels where should the rest be coming from? Could I potentially do some sort of other thing like the Sports Leader thing to get some more points?
That's odd. Is it not a 'minimum' of 160 from 2 A Levels? The other points could come from AS Levels, music grades, a BTEC... Loads of stuff counts as UCAS points.
Your best bet is to contact the university itself. It seems odd..
Reply 3
Hmmm will contact them tomorrow unless someone else knows what this means?
Reply 4
It's what SmallTownGirl was on about, a minimum of 160 of those points have to come from 2 A Levels, the whole 320 can come from A Levels but 160 could come from music grades, AS level etc.
Reply 5
Original post by howzat
This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 320 UCAS Tariff points
including
160 points

from two GCE A Levels

including

GCE A level
Grade B - Physical Education

Confused about the bit I have highlighted, if 160 comes from 2 A levels where should the rest be coming from? Could I potentially do some sort of other thing like the Sports Leader thing to get some more points?

It's 320 made up of 3, 3.5 or 4 A levels, depending upon how many you do, however, 160 points (BD, AE) must be from 2 A levels, the remaining 160 can be from whatever you like.
Original post by howzat

Original post by howzat
Hmmm will contact them tomorrow unless someone else knows what this means?

What are you actually studying?

If you can put what you're currently doing/have (such as stand alone AS levels) into the format kat2pult just gave you then you have your answer. Check on the university website for the UCAS tariff subjects they do accept as they might not accept everything :smile:
Reply 7
Ahh well Im currently doing
A level
Geography
PE
ICT

Already got:
AS Biology - C

Might have to do some sort of extra qualification then incase I completely mess up exams
Original post by howzat

Original post by howzat
Ahh well Im currently doing
A level
Geography
PE
ICT

Already got:
AS Biology - C

Might have to do some sort of extra qualification then incase I completely mess up exams

Okay, so you need to get a minimum of 160 points from PE plus either ICT or geography, meaning you need to get CC/BD or AE in these two. Getting BC would give you 180 points and BB would be 200 points and it goes on, these are what you need to be aiming for if you don't have any other qualifications.

Then you already have a C at AS, giving you 40 UCAS points. Therefore you need to get the remaining points from your other A level plus anything else you're doing that carries UCAS points, such as the sports leader award.

Essentially, they're looking for BBC or higher from your A levels plus the AS grade you have already.

This gives you: 100+100+80+40 = 320.
Reply 9
Original post by oxymoronic
Okay, so you need to get a minimum of 160 points from PE plus either ICT or geography, meaning you need to get CC/BD or AE in these two. Getting BC would give you 180 points and BB would be 200 points and it goes on, these are what you need to be aiming for if you don't have any other qualifications.

Then you already have a C at AS, giving you 40 UCAS points. Therefore you need to get the remaining points from your other A level plus anything else you're doing that carries UCAS points, such as the sports leader award.

Essentially, they're looking for BBC or higher from your A levels plus the AS grade you have already.

This gives you: 100+100+80+40 = 320.

They have to get a B in PE, just to clarify.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending