The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phalanges
To whoever it was that told me I should watch Arrested Development - I just watched the first two episodes, it's ****ing hilarious.

Jack, Samantha, Seanisonfire and now you. Might as well join the bandwagon and give it a watch too. :p:
It is a very very good show. I'm glad more people are realising this. Even if you are extremely late to the party, it is good to have you here :sexface:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Jack, Samantha, Seanisonfire and now you. Might as well join the bandwagon and give it a watch too. :p:

You really should, you won't be disappointed!

If you don't like it, I'll... buy you a hat.
To whoever it was that told me I should watch Arrested Development - I just watched the first two episodes, it's ****ing hilarious.

Just for you. :teeth:

http://vimeo.com/17396963

:rofl:
Hey, hey. I also recommended Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm, suckers.

ALL PRAISE SHALL REST AT MY FEET. :fuhrer:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Bitch, watch Taxi Driver first. :p:

Or study. :holmes:

Your so called memory. You keep forgetting to watch Taxi Driver. :mob:

:p: :awesome:

:getmecoat:
Original post by unknownking321

Someone also recommended I try out Entourage (unknownking I think?) - I'm going to be having a look at that over Christmas as well.

Sweet. And the soundtrack sounds wicked.
Have a real craving to watch Bladerunner again. Unfortunately I can't be bothered to traipse through the 742 different versions deciding which to watch, so I probably won't.

what are the differences in them anyway? deleted scenes put back in? :confused:
Someone also recommended I try out Entourage (unknownking I think?) - I'm going to be having a look at that over Christmas as well.

Yes, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. All the dialogue is improvised.

The Arrested Development soundtrack is sweet. :p:

Plus you should watch the latest (and last) cut of Blade Runner. It's the best.

'Twas me. :yes: Liking the new sig. :yy:
Reply 4291
Original post by noggins

Yeah, most famously the

Spoiler

scene was added.

Have a real craving to watch Bladerunner again. Unfortunately I can't be bothered to traipse through the 742 different versions deciding which to watch, so I probably won't.

Original! :adore:

Doctor Parnassus is spoiled by Terry Gilliam's over-indulgence, just like much of his work.

Although I was pretty impressed by how they saved it's production.

Really? Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Brazil, 12 Monkeys, The Fisher King... And not forgetting his work in Monty Python. I like his work.

I haven't seen Doctor Parnassus yet...

---

And thanks for the rep...whoever it was.
for some wierd reason, Napolean Dynamite is one of the best films I've seen
Original post by Prokaryotic_crap

Gosh! Idiot!
I love it. I think it's a real marmite movie.
Original post by Madjackismad
Yes, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. All the dialogue is improvised.

The Arrested Development soundtrack is sweet. :p:

Plus you should watch the latest (and last) cut of Blade Runner. It's the best.

Christ, more TV to watch. I still need to catch up on the latest seasons of Spooks, Better off Ted, Jersey Shore and the WSOP main event, and now I've got all this new stuff as well. I shall aim to give it a try at some point.

I hate, hate, hate that movie. Fills me with a deep sense of loathing every time I hear the name. Within half an hour of switching it on I really wanted to stop it, but I was convinced it was going to get better because of all the hype. It didn't.

One of the worst films I've ever seen.

Original post by channy
Really? Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Brazil, 12 Monkeys, The Fisher King... And not forgetting his work in Monty Python. I like his work.

I haven't seen Doctor Parnassus yet...

He's made some good stuff, Las Vegas and Brazil especially. But I always feel they could have been improved with another director, or at least an editor self-confident enough to tell him to stop and hone his films down. I imagine now that Sally Menke's died we're going to see a similar trend with Quentin Tarantino...

And the sketches in Monty Python where he had any kind of artistic control were always the ones that I wanted to skip over.

'Twas me. :yes: Liking the new sig. :yy:

Lol, who negged you for that?

I shall give Entourage a go soon. Is it worth starting back at the first season?

And yeah, I found the pic very amusing and relevant. And it was either include it as my sig or spam the image in every wikileaks thread that crops up. :p:

Original post by noggins

A reasonable amount changes really, the whole ending in some cuts. More specifics here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versions_of_Blade_Runner
Original post by Madjackismad
Hey, hey. I also recommended Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm, suckers.

ALL PRAISE SHALL REST AT MY FEET. :fuhrer:

Spoiler

You do remember correctly. Christ my taste is good. :coma:

Also, Entourage is decent by the standards of most network tv, but bull**** when compared to the rest of HBO's catalogue. You can get better comedy (It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Louie, etc.) and you can definitely get better drama (Boardwalk Empire, Treme, The Wire, etc.), but it's worth a look if you want something diverting.

I shall give Entourage a go soon. Is it worth starting back at the first season?

And yeah, I found the pic very amusing and relevant. And it was either include it as my sig or spam the image in every wikileaks thread that crops up. :p:

I have no idea. :iiam:

Yeah, you'll fly through them. Well I did. :colondollar:

:lolwhut:

It is an awesome portrayal of humdrum. In fact, it's so awesome that it sucks us into the humdrum, making us extremely bored, depressed and full of a sense of loathing at the retarded images that are moving up on that screen.

Yes, that screen!
Christ, more TV to watch. I still need to catch up on the latest seasons of Spooks, Better off Ted, Jersey Shore and the WSOP main event, and now I've got all this new stuff as well. I shall aim to give it a try at some point.

I hate, hate, hate that movie. Fills me with a deep sense of loathing every time I hear the name. Within half an hour of switching it on I really wanted to stop it, but I was convinced it was going to get better because of all the hype. It didn't.

One of the worst films I've ever seen.

He's made some good stuff, Las Vegas and Brazil especially. But I always feel they could have been improved with another director, or at least an editor self-confident enough to tell him to stop and hone his films down. I imagine now that Sally Menke's died we're going to see a similar trend with Quentin Tarantino...

And the sketches in Monty Python where he had any kind of artistic control were always the ones that I wanted to skip over.

A reasonable amount changes really, the whole ending in some cuts. More specifics here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versions_of_Blade_Runner

:lolwhut:

Y-you do know what Jersey Shore is? If not, let me show you:

The comedy value seems immense though.

I prefer the new ending of Blade Runner. Makes it seem more uncertain and dramatic, rather than both of them driving in the car in the original ending. The new one does detract from the overall noir feel of the film though. :holmes:

Also:

Spoiler

Reply 4299
Has/is anyone going to watch Monsters?

Latest

Trending

Trending