The Student Room Group

got month and 4 days. got 3 AS exams. CAN IT BE DONE?

/////
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Of course it can. Just be productive with your revision time. There's no point working day and night because it will stop going in after a while. Work in short bouts and take breaks. Papers are also your friends. What is your current revision technique?
You're not alone, with Bio and Chem, anyway
Bio I find the hardest
Reply 3
Ive also got 3 AS exams...and 4 A2 exams =/

just go over as many past papers as you can
Yes.
Reply 5
Do past papers to find out areas you're weak in, revise the areas you're weak in, do another past paper - if you do well then move onto the next topic, if you don't - repeat stage 2 & 3.
Could try something like that..
Certainly can, do a lot of past papers!!
(edited 13 years ago)
LOL. Of course...
just don't strain yourself
Chill out! of course it has to be done, you don't have a choice lol.

But yeah seriously, just do a lot of past papers, look at mark schemes, try study groups, I always find it helpful to talk about areas I'm weaker on in a group, really helps me to learn. Good luck it's doable and if all else fails, try to wing it :tongue:
You've got enough time, personally I could not leave that amount of time left before the exams but i know it can be done. One of my mates had both biology and chemistry AS and A2 and also Physics A2 to do within 3 months and he got 2 B's and a C, so im sure a month and 4 days for 3 AS exams is possible. Just do as many past papers as you possibly can.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
I did this with four IB subjects back in the glorious spring of 2008. No problem. Skip as much school and social engagements as possible and spend all your time cramming intelligently.
Original post by jelementality
hey guys, well once again i have royaly ****ed my self over. I have not done any revision yet and i have three moduals in biology:frown:, chemistry:frown:, and psychology:frown:. These are really hard subjects but tbh i am finding the concepts ok i just have not revised them and my exam technique sucks donkey balls:angry:. I have a month really and i am prapered to work in crimbo day and all. can it be done. any tips or experiences? thankz guys.

OHH AND I NEED THREE As lol, thought that might be improtant to add :L

You think you got problems mate. I have 4 exams in 3month anf 4 days. 3 AS resits and 1 A2 exam. And i havent started revising yet either (although i already have Bs in those As, i want to get As). I think it can be done.
Im going to start revising tomorrow.
Reply 12
It has been done before and it can be done again. Just really pull your finger out with revision but don't forget to reward good productive revision with breaks. And please, have christmas day off.
Good luck!
Well, depends. Only you can find out. You are expecting TSR to know you better than you know yourself. Just don't do what I did last year for my GCSE Maths and spend 2 months revising solid, and ending up with a less than expected grade.
Revising efficiently is the key. Long hours of inefficient revision with just burn you out.
Reply 14
hey guys, well once again i have royaly ****ed my self over. I have not done any revision yet and i have three moduals in biology:frown:, chemistry:frown:, and psychology:frown:. These are really hard subjects but tbh i am finding the concepts ok i just have not revised them and my exam technique sucks donkey balls:angry:. I have a month really and i am prapered to work in crimbo day and all. can it be done. any tips or experiences? thankz guys.

Plenty time, just be consistent :smile: If you revise too far in advance then you forget everything anyway, i only revised the last 2 weeks before my A2 geo exams and got an A :biggrin: Just work hard even if you don't feel like it, try to know everything on the syllabus not just the minimum :smile:
Reply 15
Yes if you get off TSR and start working dilligently NOW!
Original post by KingofSpades
You're not alone, with Bio and Chem, anyway
Bio I find the hardest

same dude, the detail in biology is huge. lol i knew everything for the progress test and got a U. i think its got alot to do with exam technique.
Reply 17
Yep it can be done. I did it at A2 (6 exams) one months revision, I just worked hard and had no social life for a month.
It can be done.

Ahhh mate, I've got the SAME problem + a Law AS! :s-smilie:
Chemistrys THE HARDEST!
Havent done ANY productive revision... i guess we both just have to cram like hell. I'm spending little or NO time with my friends after college, just going straight home. although some are saying over a month is plenty of time, we all know before you know it you'll be in the exam thinking "where did the time go?"

If you have all the textbooks then BELIEVE ME: just reading through them even without taking notes is suprisingly useful!

I wish you luck mate, let me know how it goes eh? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest