The Student Room Group

Reading Interviews 2010-11

Anyone had one yet?
I have mine for the 8th at 1:15pm, and am rather worried.

Does anyone have any advice? i heard there is a mathematical test? what sort of things come up?

Any advice will be appreciated, thankyou :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I had mine about a week ago, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

You do have to answer 2 short (and quite easy - I got them right and I haven't done maths since GCSE) maths questions (just converting units and simple times-ing)

You have to do something to do with chemistry/biology (so draw a molecule/drug, someone had label a diagram of the heart I think)

Don't be worried, everyone is lovely, and before the interview you've got time to chat to other applicants, and depending on what group you're in, you'll get a tour too :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 2
Hey i was at reading last wednesday too maybe i saw u holly loool and they asked me about different sectors of pharmacy (remeber to say academic, that was the only 1 i missed out and it turned out that my interviewer was an academic pharmacist lol but she just laughed :P) and she asked me to talk about my work experience so make sure u have read over ur personal statment
Reply 3
Original post by Holly93

Original post by Holly93
Hey! I had mine about a week ago, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

You do have to answer 2 short (and quite easy - I got them right and I haven't done maths since GCSE) maths questions (just converting units and simple times-ing)

You have to do something to do with chemistry/biology (so draw a molecule/drug, someone had label a diagram of the heart I think)

Don't be worried, everyone is lovely, and before the interview you've got time to chat to other applicants, and depending on what group you're in, you'll get a tour too :smile:

Good luck!

hey did u go reading on the 1st of dec?
Original post by Tomly
Hey i was at reading last wednesday too maybe i saw u holly loool and they asked me about different sectors of pharmacy (remeber to say academic, that was the only 1 i missed out and it turned out that my interviewer was an academic pharmacist lol but she just laughed :P) and she asked me to talk about my work experience so make sure u have read over ur personal statment

ohh ok did you get an offer what sort of questions where you asked?
Original post by Zeddude
Anyone had one yet?
I have mine for the 8th at 1:15pm, and am rather worried.

Does anyone have any advice? i heard there is a mathematical test? what sort of things come up?

Any advice will be appreciated, thankyou :smile:

i have got mine on the 8th as well......
Reply 6
Original post by Tomly
hey did u go reading on the 1st of dec?

yeh i was.... were you there too? how odd :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by pharmgirl2009
ohh ok did you get an offer what sort of questions where you asked?

Ye i got an offer xD. They asked about ur work experience, Why Pharmacy, What sectors of pharmacy there were and which sector i want to work in. Also there was a maths and chem question to do but is easy
Original post by Tomly
Ye i got an offer xD. They asked about ur work experience, Why Pharmacy, What sectors of pharmacy there were and which sector i want to work in. Also there was a maths and chem question to do but is easy

ohk thats good had mine yesterday as well... hopefully i would get one as well. when did you hear back from them?
Reply 9
ohk thats good had mine yesterday as well... hopefully i would get one as well. when did you hear back from them?

Within a week, hope u get in mate. What other unis did u apply to?
Original post by Tomly
Within a week, hope u get in mate. What other unis did u apply to?

ok thats good then...
Bradford
Medway
Keele
Hert and Reading reading my first choice
Reply 11
Got mine on the 15th. Reading and Hert are my top 2 atm but we'll see how the interviews go!!
Reply 12
Original post by Ninny
Got mine on the 15th. Reading and Hert are my top 2 atm but we'll see how the interviews go!!

I have interview on 15th too. apparantly the chem/bio qs are hard. so nervous! do u no what the chem/bio qs are. and is it a group interview. do u no what the other qs will be! good luck.
Reply 13
Original post by D*Star
I have interview on 15th too. apparantly the chem/bio qs are hard. so nervous! do u no what the chem/bio qs are. and is it a group interview. do u no what the other qs will be! good luck.

I've heard that you have to label some functional groups, few basic maths questions, and labelling the heart. It's an individual interview I think! :smile:
Reply 14
Does anyone know what questions they ask for chemistry?
Reply 15
Reading sent me an offer through the post for some weird reason :/ but Wooooooooooo :biggrin:
Original post by Zeddude
Reading sent me an offer through the post for some weird reason :/ but Wooooooooooo :biggrin:

really when did you have your intervieww
has anyone heard anything from reading after the interview on the 8th for pharmacy
Reply 18
really when did you have your intervieww

On the 8th December. 2pm. :smile:
Original post by Zeddude
On the 8th December. 2pm. :smile:

same your so lucky congrats did you get an email a letter or was track updated?

Quick Reply

Latest