The Student Room Group

Big up your university!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by greeneyedgirl
And another awesome lecturer = Katie Lowe (Eng Lang)

Ooh and Douglas Neil for biology. He's my hero :smile:
Reply 101
Original post by mathmagician
Look out for the seaguls mate, there's a large chip on your shoulder.

If you're implying that I wish that I had studied at Oxford I honestly assure you that the place never crossed my mind as a city I would like to be a student in and, after visiting as a tourist, still doesn't (Cambridge most captured my imagination of the top 10 universities). And bigging up Glasgow, which I have no connection to, shows some balanced opinion surely.
Reply 102
Original post by INTJ
What's your IQ?

It stands for intelligence quotient :biggrin:
Reply 103
Original post by IQ Test
It stands for intelligence quotient :biggrin:

I know what it stands for :tongue: I was asking what your IQ score is...
Reply 104
Original post by I Have No Imagination
Hertfordshire - So much better than I ever expected it to be. So far, I am very impressed.

You have The Forum, I'm very jealous :biggrin:
Reply 105
Original post by INTJ
I know what it stands for :tongue: I was asking what your IQ score is...

I don't know, I just thought it would be a cool username.

I'm going to take the mensa test at some point though, just to see what I get.
Reply 106
Original post by IQ Test
I don't know, I just thought it would be a cool username.

I'm going to take the mensa test at some point though, just to see what I get.

Cool. I have taken a few tests. They are good fun, regardless of what you score. I am just infatuated with puzzles and problem-solving - it's an addiction of mine.
Reply 107
Original post by INTJ
Cool. I have taken a few tests. They are good fun, regardless of what you score. I am just infatuated with puzzles and problem-solving - it's an addiction of mine.

Odd that you should say that as I start reading a book about Richard Feynman, famously "infatuated with puzzles"!

I've never done an I.Q. test, but I think the idea is interesting.

How did you score on yours?
Reply 108
Original post by Origamistars
I know a lot of people are wondering about the best things about certain universities, like "Why should I go to suchandsuch uni?" or "What're the best things about soandso uni?" So tell TSR what you loveee about your university :smile: What're the best things about it? How's the nightlife/accommodation? Would you recommend it? :biggrin:

(cheerful thread is cheerful. Hopefully.)

Aberystwyth's pretty damn good, you can get in with much lower grades than the course would ask for in another uni! The course i'm on is just SO good. I only needed 300 points and then got it reduced to 280 because i went to a visiting day. For the quality of the course they should be asking for ABB i think :smile:
Plus it's such a friendly place :biggrin: Nothing bad seems to happen ever... and living by a beach is great even in the winter!! It's beautiful in the sun :P
Unions not bad, not the best, but it'll do, and there's a lot more in the town than people think, it's actually really nice and has everything you need :smile:
Reply 109
WARWICK :biggrin:

Seriously great campus with its own arts centre including cinemas and theatres and stuff, great union with nightclubs and a cute TEA SHOP, no sense of snobbery or 'look at us we're old therefore we must be good' - it's good because it's good, amazing lecturers, sense that you can do anything, properly multi-faculty, thinking the arts are still important. Best of all, being surrounded by people who are intelligent and actually think studying is important - such a relief after crappy school.
University of Neasden, no other University beats the prestigious reputation we have!
Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds :biggrin:
Reply 112
Birmingham anyone? :smile:
Original post by d123
Glasgow is amazing! I love it. The people are lovely, my courses are all fantastic, the uni is beautiful, the city has real character, there's always something going on, it's in Scotland. I'd really recommend it, I'm having the time of my life.

=/ I always thought it was in Ireland.

:colonhash:
Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds

Were you as disappointed as I was?
Original post by TheSownRose
Were you as disappointed as I was?

It was like a kick in the face. For 22.5 years I've been like "I love the look of Ireland and really want to visit Glasgow, even though they have a Scottish accent."
Reply 116

Haha, sorry if it sounded like I was just stating the bleeding obvious, what I meant was that it being in Scotland is another advantage of Glasgow uni!
It was like a kick in the face. For 22.5 years I've been like "I love the look of Ireland and really want to visit Glasgow, even though they have a Scottish accent."

Not ashamed to say, I cried myself to sleep. :frown:
Original post by d123
Haha, sorry if it sounded like I was just stating the bleeding obvious, what I meant was that it being in Scotland is another advantage of Glasgow uni!

Too late! You've made me feel like a right bleedin' idiot! :sigh:

Original post by TheSownRose
Not ashamed to say, I cried myself to sleep. :frown:

I think I may have to do the same tonight.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 119
Keele, just love it :-D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending