The Student Room Group

World of Warcraft players...

Scroll to see replies

F*****g Spoons.
And forks. F**k them too.
Not played myself. I knew a few that did for a little while, they seemed fine but I don't think they were hard core.

But honestly if WoW can become as addictive as some examples show to a minority who are inclined to develop such obsessive behaviour/addiction I'd rather someone kept themselves in their room playing a computer game all day then was out mugging people to fund a Heroine addiction.

There's over 15 million players right? I imagine there are a fair few weirdos, and a load of totally normal people who only play for a couple of hours on a quiet evening.
Reply 63
I used to get up early to play WoW, so that I could go out later on and not feel bad about staying inside playing video games all day. I never really got "addicted" to it, but time really does fly when you're playing. I'm making it sound like casual drug use.

It is a very fun game though.
I'm a girl. I go clubbing, get alright grades, see guys....but I played for a year and I loved it. My account has been inactive since the start of Sixth Form though, but as soon as A2s are up- I'm going to treat myself to a month of it :wink:
one of them teaches GCSE IT at my school, he's bald.
Reply 66
Original post by Bellissima
one of them teaches GCSE IT at my school, he's bald.

You heard it here first guys. Wow causes baldness.
Original post by Jmaguire
You heard it here first guys. Wow causes baldness.

you know it
Original post by INTit
WoW is for a no life loosers.

They should play more casual games like Guild Wars. I only racked up 1.5k hours on that.

Starcraft 2 is also cool when your not screaming at family members for distracting you as you get void ray rushed for the 50th time in 1v1.

WoW is bad.

More like you are bad! Getting void ray rushed 50 times in 1v1 is hilariously appalling. Learn to macro + produce massive economy = win. Also, void rushes are very easy to counter once you learn how which is why at anything above 500 diamond they're never used, but don't worry you will get there eventually, brah. (Are you a Terran player...?)

Second point. No-wonder you're a WoW hater, you play GW. One of the worst games ever, I played it and decided that it was far to easy for my liking. I bet you played WoW for a few days and realised that everything isn't handed to you on a plate so you couldn't handle it and instantly label anyone who is decent as a no-life loser.

Haters gunna hate.
Reply 69
I used to play World of Warcraft. I quit about 6 or 7 months into the Burning Crusade. Vanilla WoW was the best imo. After TBC it just went downhill.
Reply 70
Games are a form of escapism. So naturally they will disproportionally attract people who have things they want to escape from poor social skills, work, whatever.
Reply 71
Ye you get a load of weird nerds playing wow, I'm not going to lie, it does have that stereotype for a reason.

If you're like me, and just play it like how you'd play cod: as in on weekdays where nothings happening and you've got no schoolwork/work, and you want to chill out for an hour or two, it's probably fine.

The problem is that there's so much to do in the game, and if you're competitive or like completing things, before you know it you can easily spend too much time on it, and thats where you get the strange people who have warped views on real life because they don't experience enough real life, and in turn they spend more time with people like themselves, and start to think it's normal.

If I ever start to think I'm playing any game too much I'll just take a month or so break from it (I've done this with both CoD and WoW).

Reply 72
I indulge in it, however I maintain a job for four days a week, the gym four days a week and a healthy social life. Some people do take it to the extreme but these people are happy doing so, I can't imagine I'd ever get so far into it that I would let it affect my 'real' life.
Reply 73
Original post by 01010000 01001010
More like you are bad! Getting void ray rushed 50 times in 1v1 is hilariously appalling. Learn to macro + produce massive economy = win. Also, void rushes are very easy to counter once you learn how which is why at anything above 500 diamond they're never used, but don't worry you will get there eventually, brah. (Are you a Terran player...?)

Second point. No-wonder you're a WoW hater, you play GW. One of the worst games ever, I played it and decided that it was far to easy for my liking. I bet you played WoW for a few days and realised that everything isn't handed to you on a plate so you couldn't handle it and instantly label anyone who is decent as a no-life loser.

Haters gunna hate.

I've never played WoW as I refuse to support the subscription mode as if its adopted widespread it will damage PC gaming.

I play Zerg actually and am nowhere near Diamond level so I probably am bad by your standards and frankly arn't bothered. IMO void rush is cheap,easy boring wins done by people more interested in climbing ladders than having a good game. I don't really know why you'd wan't to defend it ? maybe its getting you wins.

WoW is infamous for its lack of skill and massive amounts of mind-numbing grind so for you to accuse Guild Wars of being easy is pretty funny.

Most importantly did you not see any irony in

WoW is for a no life loosers.

They should play more casual games like Guild Wars. I only racked up 1.5k hours on that.

Then again maybe 1.5k hours game play is a lightweight to a mighty WoW player such as yourself.

I apologize if you misunderstood my light hearted self mocking post I guess you were just out for a fight.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by INTit
I've never played WoW as I refuse to support the subscription mode as if its adopted widespread it will damage PC gaming.

Lul wut?

Just because WoW does it.. doesnt mean other people will copy :L

The only real games that have a subscription service are MMO's and suhc.. because they require constant updating, constant server upgrades and patches and consistently employ many people.

You will never see a subscription service in your average titles from the FPS or RTS or anything genres.
MMORPGs and games like Warcraft can be taken at different levels. I think its comparable to alchohol... you wouldn't accuse anyone whose ever drunk it of being a raging alchoholic, and the same applies to Warcraft, lots and lots of people play it a lot but still have an active social life and don't see it as the most important thing. :smile:
Original post by 01010000 01001010
I used to be one. You're view on WoW players seem a little brain-washed and highly media based.
Sure, my social skills aren't up to scratch but what do you expect after sitting alone for 12 hours a day for a few years?

Make it so number one.
Reply 77
Says the person who is talking to strangers on an academic-based website.
Reply 78
Original post by linkdapink
I've never played WOW, but my boyfriends cousin is a "player". And he is socially able. Has a gorgeous girlfriend, goes to the gym a lot and works as a builder. He's a normal person. He just goes home and plays WoW at the end of the day? But maybe he's not hard core enough...

Your boyfriend's cousin might be a 'player', but one thing he is NOT is a 'playa'.

Quick Reply

Latest