The Student Room Group

Psychogy and Media

I am currently a student (at school) and I am thinking about studying psychology. But today I found something interesting: Psychology and Digital Media Technology (Hertfordshire). In there anyone who knows is there anything like this course in other universities in England/Scotland? Or maybe anyone knows about this course and could tell me about it?

By the way, maybe it is possible to choose something like Digital Media Technology in Stirling, St Andrews or York with psychology?
I have never heard of this, but it sounds a bit dodge to me. If it isn't BPS accredited (the main thing to look for) you probably won't be able to do much with the psych aspect of it after.
Reply 2
Yes, I've been think about this aspect too. But it would great to choose psychology as a main subject and have some hours of media. Maybe it is possible in other universities with BPS accreditation. That's why I'm asking here.
Don't waste £20k studying a degree at Stirling or Hertfordshire. Seriously. It's not worth it.
Reply 4
What are the reason for not being worth it?
Well, I know, these two aren't very high, but Stirling is in the 8th place this year for psychology in Guardian university guide, so it seemed to me that it should be quite good.
Reply 5
Original post by l-psy
What are the reason for not being worth it?
Well, I know, these two aren't very high, but Stirling is in the 8th place this year for psychology in Guardian university guide, so it seemed to me that it should be quite good.

Spending 20k on 4 years in Stirling is worth every penny.Historical city,beautiful campus and friendly students from all over the world.Forget the snobbery attached to universities, some things in life are more important.The course flexibility is very very good.
Original post by izzi58
Forget the snobbery attached to universities

Tell that to all the graduate employers who use such things as a rule of thumb when shortlisting candidates.

Sad but true. You're investing £20k. Make it a good one.
Reply 7
And what about Sunderland? I found that there is a flexible system of combined subjects. In my case it would be Psychology with Media Studies (70% and 30% respectively) and still with BPS accreditation.
Leeds Trinity maybe - my sister did sociology and media there.

And possibly Bath Spa/Winchester/Worcester, they do a lot of combinations.

Quick Reply

Latest