The Student Room Group

Should I send Thank You letters?

Just received a handful of belated birthday cards, a couple containing money; so should I send them thank you notes/letters? or is that more for presents? This is family I haven't seen in about 5/6 years, and have never sent thank you's before, but now I'm 19 I think it's a bit rude not to acknowledge their kindness.

Thoughts?
Reply 1
Text them?
Reply 2
Of course you should. Where's your manners?
Reply 3
Original post by RNBen
Text them?

One's a great aunt in her eighties. Not sure that would work...
Reply 4
Original post by rylit91
One's a great aunt in her eighties. Not sure that would work...

Text her house phone.
Reply 5
Original post by RNBen
Text her house phone.

The likelihood of her knowing how to read it is less than her having a mobile :tongue:
Reply 6
I always send out Birthday/Christmas thank you letters (but I have the bonus of birthday being close Christmas). I would say you should especially since you've not seen them in a while.
Reply 7
Original post by rylit91
Just received a handful of belated birthday cards, a couple containing money; so should I send them thank you notes/letters? or is that more for presents? This is family I haven't seen in about 5/6 years, and have never sent thank you's before, but now I'm 19 I think it's a bit rude not to acknowledge their kindness.

Thoughts?

Write thank yous for the OAPs, and call the rest.
Reply 8
Yeh you could, it would be a nice gesture. Or just phone them up or text them a and say thanks.
Reply 9
I think you should write, or at least ring. There's nothing I hate more than giving gifts/money to people and not getting a thank you. My niece, who is 15 has not once said thank you for anything Ive ever bought her, despite the fact I spend £20-£30 on her each bday/xmas so I dont bother anymore!
Reply 10
Original post by rylit91
The likelihood of her knowing how to read it is less than her having a mobile :tongue:

If you text a house phone it reads it to you. :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by tbm
I think you should write, or at least ring. There's nothing I hate more than giving gifts/money to people and not getting a thank you. My niece, who is 15 has not once said thank you for anything Ive ever bought her, despite the fact I spend £20-£30 on her each bday/xmas so I dont bother anymore!

I agree. I never wrote to them as a child/teen but now I'd just feel incredibly rude, and I intend on apologising for that in the note...
Original post by rylit91

Thoughts?

Manners maketh the man/woman! I think it'd be a nice gesture to write and say thanks, especially if they've sent you some money. It's a bit of a pain to do but it will be appreciated.
Reply 13
Original post by LibraryHomeCinema
Manners maketh the man/woman! I think it'd be a nice gesture to write and say thanks, especially if they've sent you some money. It's a bit of a pain to do but it will be appreciated.

Think I should write to those who sent a card, but didn't include money? ( not that I'm bothered by no money; I don't blame them.)
you should definatly send thank you letters. even if they are late, make sure you aplogoize for their lateness and send them anyways.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending