The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

College lane campus

what attracted me to apply for herts was how nice and new the campus was(De Havilland) on the promotion video on youtube.However i found out if i wanted to do graphics or fashion design i would be located at college lane campus....which loooks really old and not nice :frown:. r u allowed to chose?my friends doing economics and others doing english where there all in De Hav.

Are the two campuses close to each other? r u allowed to go visit other campus? also what campus is the Forum located? on what campus is the sport village located? and hows the nightlife?
if im subject is located on college lane campus can i apply for accomodation at De Hav?

thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by JesusRevived
Are the two campuses close to each other? r u allowed to go visit other campus? also what campus is the Forum located? on what campus is the sport village located? and hows the nightlife?
if im subject is located on college lane campus can i apply for accomodation at De Hav?

thanks.

The Forum is located on the College Lane campus, Sports Village is on De Hav and of course you can visit the different campuses whenever you like. A free shuttle bus runs from the Park and Ride facility -> College Lane, The Forum -> De Hav.

I'll let others tell you about the nightlife..........expect to see the Forum a lot though.

When applying for accommodation you can choose the 5 halls of residence you would like to apply for, in order of preference. So you could put the De Hav accommodation as first choice etc. Many students live on De Hav and travel to College Lane to study(and vice versa).
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nortant
The Forum is located on the College Lane campus, Sports Village is on De Hav and of course you can visit the different campuses whenever you like. A free shuttle bus runs from the Park and Ride facility -> College Lane, The Forum -> De Hav.

I'll let others tell you about the nightlife..........expect to see the Forum a lot though.

When applying for accommodation you can choose the 5 halls of residence you would like to apply for, in order of preference. So you could put the De Hav accommodation as first choice etc. Many students live on De Hav and travel to College Lane to study(and vice versa).

You underestimate how many options you have :smile: There are 4 types of accom, but multiples within each type. You're looking closer to 10 really, but since I'm no longer there I don't know if/when the new ones that were supposedly being build on college lane are being put up.

OP: College Lane isn't all that bad, it is what you make of it, as much as DeHav could be really bad i you're put with people you don't get on with :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by DoktaUH
There are 4 types of accom

Just to clarify, I meant when applying for accommodation there will be 5 spaces available on the form. So a person can put 5 accommodation choices in order of preference........I wasn't suggesting there are only 5 accommodation options available.
Reply 4
Original post by Nortant
Just to clarify, I meant when applying for accommodation there will be 5 spaces available on the form. So a person can put 5 accommodation choices in order of preference........I wasn't suggesting there are only 5 accommodation options available.

Ahh fair enough :smile:
Reply 5
I'd rather be on the college lane campus tbh, De Hav isn't all its cracked up to be...the rooms are tiny ffs obviously to accommodate the en-suite. But unless your really touchy over having your own shower/toilet then i wouldn't go there.

The rooms are far larger in College Lane accoms, plus the shower/toilet is literally like a second from your room.

Of course, De Hav looks nicer, better looking kitchens and rooms but College Lane accoms aren't dumps.
Reply 6
Original post by The Entity
I'd rather be on the college lane campus tbh, De Hav isn't all its cracked up to be...the rooms are tiny ffs obviously to accommodate the en-suite. But unless your really touchy over having your own shower/toilet then i wouldn't go there.

The rooms are far larger in College Lane accoms, plus the shower/toilet is literally like a second from your room.

Of course, De Hav looks nicer, better looking kitchens and rooms but College Lane accoms aren't dumps.

yup it really all depends on what you value and what you like better.

I'd advice anyone to either go to an openday or read up about the different accommodations just to be sure you are making the right choice because you can't really change after you got your contract.
Reply 7
I chose Telford court on College lane as to upgrade to De Hav was an extra £15 a week!! That's crazy.

The rooms in De Hav are almost half the size of mine in Telford, their shower and toilets are tiny too.
Not much really goes on at De Hav either as most of the University buildings and the Forum nightclub and Ele House are on college lane campus.

My course is entirely on the college lane campus and many of my friends on De Hav find it a hindrance when we have an hour break. For me, it is a 5 minute walk back to Telford Court where I can get lunch and have a good amount of time to relax. Whereas my class mates have no other option but to stay on college lane til the next lesson.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending