The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unknownking321
We need a detective. I suggest Jimmy McNulty.

Hell no, this guy is much more bad-ass:

Jimmy will get all drunk on whiskey and then end up shagging someone from a diner.

Funny how Dominic West went to Eton though. :p: I think The Wire has some of the best acting I've ever seen. It has hands down the best acting I've ever seen on television. Idris Elba was definitely my favourite on the show.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Accounting is just :coma:

Ikr. :coma:

How did your exam go?
Reply 4402
Original post by Madjackismad
Hell no, this guy is much more bad-ass:

Jimmy will get all drunk on whiskey and then end up shagging someone from a diner.

Funny how Dominic West went to Eton though. :p: I think The Wire has some of the best acting I've ever seen. It has hands down the best acting I've ever seen on television. Idris Elba was definitely my favourite on the show.

This. :h:
Reply 4403
Also, those of you who love The Wire but have never seen any of Oz, get on it! It's nearly as brilliant.
Original post by aja89
Also, those of you who love The Wire but have never seen any of Oz, get on it! It's nearly as brilliant.

I've heard good things about it. Apparently there's a lot of the cast from The Wire in it.
Original post by aja89

I recently purchased all the boxsets. I'm going to go through them after Six Feet Under. :teeth:
Reply 4406
I've heard good things about it. Apparently there's a lot of the cast from The Wire in it.

So many actors in both!

Looky here: http://bit.ly/g0y4dr
Original post by samanthaaaa
Ikr. :coma:

How did your exam go?

Ah, Accounting. Balance sheets, Trading, Profilt/Loss accounts, crazy ratios. :moon:

Contract law exam was eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy but the timing was horrible. The clock they had in front of the room moved 1 minute along every 5 minutes in reality. :colonhash: It was like Inception, a contract law exam dream within a contract law exam dream. :colonhash:

Only wrote a parapgraph for my last question which is worth 25%. So if I do badly, it's because of timing (or illegible handwriting) rather than the difficulty of the questions or lack of revision. :sad:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by aja89
So many actors in both!

Looky here: http://bit.ly/g0y4dr

Quite a lot!
Reply 4409
the only part of the Iron Man film series I've enjoyed was the cave in the first film.

If RDJ were not the sexiest man alive and therefore the redeeming factor in every following scene, I would totally agree with this.
Original post by squelsh
If RDJ were not the sexiest man alive and therefore the redeeming factor in every following scene, I would totally agree with this.

He is a most fine man/actor. I love his character and depiction of Sherlock Holmes in ... Sherlock Holmes. :awesome:
If he would just stay away from films such as Due Date. :colonhash:
Original post by Phalanges
Then you're probably doing the wrong subject.

I also agree with the others; if you're looking for as superficial a review as you claim, it should be the work of 30 seconds to pick something. Why the hell you'd need to ask I don't know.

um wow, calm down... learning a language doesn't mean every part of it suddenly has to appeal to you...

and i couldn't decide on a film, i didn't even post it in this thread, and tbh if i knew a couple of you were going to get so upset over me asking for a bit of help i would have edited out my question when they moved it to save you the distress!
Reply 4413
If he would just stay away from films such as Due Date. :colonhash:

Is it really that bad? Such a shame. I'd be looking forward to it for ages. I'm going to the cinema tomorrow and I can either see Due Date or a repeat viewing of Harry Potter. Which would you recommend? :smile: I wanted to see Monsters of Of Gods and Men and men but my ****ty local cinema isn't showing either of them.
Original post by Bellissima
um wow, calm down... learning a language doesn't mean every part of it suddenly has to appeal to you...

and i couldn't decide on a film, i didn't even post it in this thread, and tbh if i knew a couple of you were going to get so upset over me asking for a bit of help i would have edited out my question when they moved it to save you the distress!

What was the question? :holmes:
Original post by squelsh
Is it really that bad? Such a shame. I'd be looking forward to it for ages. I'm going to the cinema tomorrow and I can either see Due Date or a repeat viewing of Harry Potter. Which would you recommend? :smile: I wanted to see Monsters of Of Gods and Men and men but my ****ty local cinema isn't showing either of them.

It tries to be funny, can't remember if I laughed out loud (perhaps that is a hint though), and ultimately comes across as something mildly humorous.

I spend an hour deciding whether to drink Coca Cola or Pepsi and you have thrust this upon me. :colonhash:

I would say go with Due Date purely because you've already seen Barry Trotter.
It tries to be funny, can't remember if I laughed out loud (perhaps that is a hint though), and ultimately comes across as something mildly humorous.

I spend an hour deciding whether to drink Coca Cola or Pepsi and you have thrust this upon me. :colonhash:

I would say go with Due Date purely because you've already seen Barry Trotter.

:rofl:

I only go to cinemas that sell coca-cola. **** you Odeon and your Pepsi pish. :hand:

There was a guy choking on a revel last year when I went to see The Hangover. It was because he was laughing after he decided to swallow a Revel. :facepalm2:

Everyone in the cinema room was looking at him.

And then he coughed it up into his hand. :rofl:
(edited 13 years ago)
:rofl:

I only go to cinemas that sell coca-cola. **** you Odeon and your Pepsi pish. :hand:

:hmmm: May I remind you of the legendary poll results...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1063868

:proud:
:hmmm: May I remind you of the legendary poll results...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1063868

:proud:

That was bull**** though. I know you offered favours so people would vote.

One of them was flashing your [censored] at their enemies.
That was bull**** though. I know you offered favours so people would vote.

Maybe I did. :colondollar:

:colonhash:

Latest

Trending

Trending