The Student Room Group

What would've happened if the Nazis won the war?

I read somewhere that it would be like Big Brother, very authoritarian.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aren't we already like Big Brother? The UK has the highest concentration of CCTV cameras per square mile, apparently.
Reply 2
nacht der untoten!

just random german jiberish. We'd all be talking german over tsr
We'd be on Das Studenten Zimmer, for one.
Reply 4
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
TGR - The German Room or TZR - The Nazi Room.

Hahaha :P
Actually we probably wouldn't be speaking German, not as monoglots anyway.

Its very possible that German would be the official language, and thus the teaching language in schools, however English would most likely be spoken universally in homes.
Well, Hitler wanted Britain to join him anyway, he saw the British people as part of his Aryan master race. He didn't want to fight us or invade us, he wanted to stand alongside us ... so that might have played in our favour.
Reply 7
Hmm
Reply 8
the cold war would never have happened Hitler would take over the entire world and war would no longer exist
We'd all have blonde hair and blue eyes and be wearing lederhosen :wink:
Reply 10
Actually 'Big Brother' was what would happen if we got a more Communist-Authoritarian regime...
Reply 11
Original post by Barden
Actually we probably wouldn't be speaking German, not as monoglots anyway.

Its very possible that German would be the official language, and thus the teaching language in schools, however English would most likely be spoken universally in homes.

I've always wanted to speak German!
Watch the film fatherland to see what it would be like. And also a documentary I think it was called Nazi Britain.
Original post by charcharchar
We'd all have blonde hair and blue eyes and be wearing lederhosen :wink:

Why would we be wearing lederhosen? :s-smilie:
Well firstly we woulndnt all be speaking german because we probably wouldnt have been born. The people that would be alive in england probably still wouldnt be speaking german as it takes ages for a language to spread throughout a country. If germany had won the war, I think there would have been another war soon after, probably involving the US in a bigger role.
German sounds cool anyway.
There are a lot of theories, and of course it depends on how we "lost". If we fought to the bitter end, were invaded and crushed, well that would be different to if we just stood by and allied with Hitler instead of opposing him. As others have said, Hitler was fighting us because we declared war on him for his excursions into other countries. German and British stock are both strong and noble, he had no beef with our genetics, brah.

A number of books have been written dealing with this "alternative history" and many others.
Reply 16
You can never really know. I think the beer would be better for starters though.
Reply 17
Humour would be banned.
Everyone would be forced to have a moustache.
Reply 19
The world would be exactly the same, except with no oppression in Palestine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending