The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I hate you; why you have a hash in front of your username, is this twitter or something?

No, I don't hate you but stop being so insecure.
Reply 21
Original post by KingofSpades
don't interchange religion and a belief in God

Why? Most religions assume a God/creator.
I pity you.

and hate what you represent.....other than that im sure your a wonderful person who will automatically hate me for what I am :smile:
Original post by edd360
Why? Most religions assume a God/creator.

But do believers assume a religion. They are not interchangeable.
Reply 24
Attention seeking troll! :mad:

I'm a Muslim and I hate you as well! :colonhash:
Reply 25
The english don't hate us!

It's just the Zionist media!
I don't care enough about you or your faith to hate you. Why would you even ask this? :confused:

The Sun/Daily Mail reading morons should be ignored as they don't represent the views of everybody in the country and are highly manipulative/dishonest.
Reply 27
As they say "Don't hate the player, hate the game" or whatever

Also d'you know what I Hate? Atheists who don't shut up about how much they hate religion... It gets so tedious :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
But do believers assume a religion. They are not interchangeable.

Yes I see what you are saying, but I don't think it's unreasonable of me, at least in this case, to assume for my argument that following a religion assumes a belief in God, as the religions I was talking about were the ones which have a God. If you believe in some higher being without following a religion, this is a lot less problematic imo.
I don't hate you because I don't know you.

I hate organised religion, it does far more harm than good.

I would never hate someone because of their religious or political views (except maybe extremist), people are more than their religion. One of my best friends is a devout Christian, I don't hate him, and I don't hate how he practices his religion -quite frankly it's his choice.

We get enough threads on here about religion (esp. Islam) we don't need pointless ones like this to reinforce the stereotype that hating the religion = hating the person.
Reply 30
yes, i hate you

what kind of responses were you expecting? *sigh*
Original post by edd360
I'm not the guy you quoted, but I too also hate Islam. Don't take it too personally, I hate Christianity as well, and pretty much all religions. Religions cause people to act in stupid ways, and the whole reason religion exists is quite frankly stupid.

We know very little about the universe, so religion was created as a concept to be the easy answer. "God did it", that doesn't require any explanation which conforms to our logic system. To me it seems silly to discredit what we do know in order to help answer what we don't know. Religious people generally don't think for themselves (the fact that they are religious is evidence enough for this). Find me 1 religious person who follows that religion after studying and researching different ones, including atheism, and decided that it was the most logical choice. Yes there will be a select handful, but especially with Islam most people are only religious because they were born into an religious family (eg: an islamic family), and essentially forced to practice Islam (which imo is morally wrong, and if a religion teaches this, it's just another reason why I hate it).

It is impossible to tell, but without religion the world would most likely be a better place, no war, less subjective laws, less power hungry people, less stupid acts caused in the name of religion, less violence (race riots etc), and people would live happier lives. Ironic isn't it.

I sort of, kind of agreed with you up till the last bit. Its not the religions thats the problem. Its the so called 'religious' people. If there were no religions you could be pretty sure that those same people would stilll start wars, be power hungry, commit stupid acts for other reasons, and be violent. Why? Because these people are bad people, and religion is just a tool for them to excercise their evil. No religion, they will just use something else (race, language, location etc). Also I think religion does make some people happy.
Original post by edd360
Yes I see what you are saying, but I don't think it's unreasonable of me, at least in this case, to assume for my argument that following a religion assumes a belief in God, as the religions I was talking about were the ones which have a God. If you believe in some higher being without following a religion, this is a lot less problematic imo.

problematic for whom
Depends, do you hate me? Do you support the death penalty for apostates from Islam? Do you support the subjugation of apostates from Islam within Islamic societies?

If your answer to all of these questions is no, then I don't hate you. If so - why?
No, why should I hate you? ... :P
Reply 35
Yes because you posted such a f***ing stupid thread
Reply 36
problematic for whom

The world and society.
I don't hate you, you just annoy me because you're religious and basically represent ignorance and being close minded.
Reply 38
I don't hate muslim and their religion but I do hate extremists who claim that their actions were driven by the teaching of thier religion.
It's all good, I like being hated :u:

Latest

Trending

Trending