The Student Room Group

Girls who have a lot of fat around their stomach area

I'm sure I'm right in saying that girls build up fat mostly around their hips, bum and thigh region. And guys build up fat mostly around their stomach area.

so if a girl has a lot of fat around her stomach area, what does that mean? does it mean she's VERY fat, or she doesn't have the correct hormone balances, or what?

Scroll to see replies

So i'm VERY FAT? :'(
Reply 2
Original post by helpneeded-a
So i'm VERY FAT? :'(

i dont know, thats what i was asking other people.
Reply 3
Original post by warhol
Men usually get that because they drink more beer than women (I think). So that might occur if a girl drinks a lot of alcohol?

that is completely unscientific
Love handles? :sexface:
Reply 5
I remember reading that fat gathering around the stomach has been linked to problems/ potential problems with your heart, or something similar... don't take that as scientific fact, though.
Reply 6
Original post by IlexBlue
I remember reading that fat gathering around the stomach has been linked to problems/ potential problems with your heart, or something similar... don't take that as scientific fact, though.

you're not answering the question. i dont care if it means greater risk of heart disease.
Reply 7
It means she has a different body shape. The most common body shape for a woman is the 'pear' (small shoulders, small boobs, wider hips). But you can be others, and they're okay too. If she has more fat around her stomach, she may be apple shaped (straight up and down).
Reply 8
It just means we're fat :/
Reply 9
means she fat and ugly, who cares why? avoid like an offer from a nigerian prince.
Reply 10
where a girl puts on weight is totally different from girl to girl. i do watch my weight and im not afraid to say i dont really have any large areas of fat but i do know that when i have put on any weight i always put it on my stomach and i have a number of friends that are the same. Although saying that i also know a number of girls who would put their weight on their bum, hips, legs etc. Like i said it totally depends on the girl, it doesnt mean anything - its normal
Reply 11
I put my weight on on my stomach. I have average sized thighs/bum/boobs and no love handles. It completely varies from person to person.
Reply 12
Original post by NicoleG13
where a girl puts on weight is totally different from girl to girl. i do watch my weight and im not afraid to say i dont really have any large areas of fat but i do know that when i have put on any weight i always put it on my stomach and i have a number of friends that are the same. Although saying that i also know a number of girls who would put their weight on their bum, hips, legs etc. Like i said it totally depends on the girl, it doesnt mean anything - its normal

Original post by Kimbliboo
I put my weight on on my stomach. I have average sized thighs/bum/boobs and no love handles. It completely varies from person to person.

ok you two seem to think it varies from person to person. why? and please don't say genetics, be more specific than that :rolleyes:
Reply 13
Most girls are quite podgy.
Reply 14
Original post by xfactorfan
you're not answering the question. i dont care if it means greater risk of heart disease.

Well, you asked what it meant... :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Original post by xfactorfan
ok you two seem to think it varies from person to person. why? and please don't say genetics, be more specific than that :rolleyes:

I actually have no idea. :biggrin: It probably is to do with genetics - google it!!
Reply 16
kinda true.
Reply 17
I've seen people who have big stomachs but v. skinny legs and thighs. So I don't really think it's a very good indicator tbh.
I used to quite over-weight but my stomach's always been flat, it's just my thighs- after losing several stone, my stomach hasn't changed at all. In the same way I can see woman who do happen to have weight gain localised around the stomach having normal thighs etc.
I'm sure there's some biological basis for this; I'd probably be able to conjure up a reasonably articulate and persuasive argument my self- though I doubt it'd be accurate. With enough Googling you'd probably find why.
EMZ=]
Original post by .Ali.
It means she has a different body shape. The most common body shape for a woman is the 'pear' (small shoulders, small boobs, wider hips). But you can be others, and they're okay too. If she has more fat around her stomach, she may be apple shaped (straight up and down).

If a girl is apple shaped, she's not up and down, she's rounder in the middle... Duh.

People just put on weight in different areas, and it's just down to how you're built, and usually genetics. Every female in my family is pear shaped! If you're apple shaped, you just have to be a bit more careful, as fat around the stomach area is meant to be defined as 'more dangerous' and predisposes you to more fat related illnesses and such.
Reply 19
Original post by psychocustard
If a girl is apple shaped, she's not up and down, she's rounder in the middle... Duh.

People just put on weight in different areas, and it's just down to how you're built, and usually genetics. Every female in my family is pear shaped! If you're apple shaped, you just have to be a bit more careful, as fat around the stomach area is meant to be defined as 'more dangerous' and predisposes you to more fat related illnesses and such.

Actually, apple means no wasit...It means braod shoulders, no waist, medium-big boobs, and small legs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending