The Student Room Group

Got a job at Jack Wills!

Hi i recently got a job at jack wills (very happy, first ever retail job!) and I would like to know what sort of things I will have to do, how much money I will be paid, and what sort of discount I will be getting ( I heard 75% but can anyone confirm this?), I start next week and am kinda excited! Does anyone here work in jack wills?

thanksssssss

Scroll to see replies

I hope you liek to take it up the back
Reply 2
haha hates
Reply 3
75% off sounds a bit unrealistic . . .
Reply 4
Original post by nisus1992
Hi i recently got a job at jack wills (very happy, first ever retail job!) and I would like to know what sort of things I will have to do, how much money I will be paid, and what sort of discount I will be getting ( I heard 75% but can anyone confirm this?), I start next week and am kinda excited! Does anyone here work in jack wills?

thanksssssss

You accepted a job without knowing the rate of pay, what the job entails or anything? crazy.
Reply 5
Why on earth would you take a job without knowing how much you get paid and what benefits you are entitled to?
Reply 6
Original post by bonana567
Why on earth would you take a job without knowing how much you get paid and what benefits you are entitled to?

i assume its general sales assistant stuff, folding clothes, serving customers, greeting and welcoming them, checking stocks etc.... as for pay, i have yet to start i imagine i will get told all this on my first day which is next week, im on here asking for help and not a single person has helped yet so **** you , don't be mad cause i got a better job than you.
i assume its general sales assistant stuff, folding clothes, serving customers, greeting and welcoming them, checking stocks etc.... as for pay, i have yet to start i imagine i will get told all this on my first day which is next week, im on here asking for help and not a single person has helped yet so **** you , don't be mad cause i got a better job than you.

What a diplomatic response.
Reply 8
What is Jack Willis?
Reply 9
Original post by Fuzzed_Out
What a diplomatic response.

all responses prior to that have inferred that i am an idiot. so i guess they were really diplomatic aswell?
Reply 10
Original post by The_Goose
You accepted a job without knowing the rate of pay, what the job entails or anything? crazy.

:lol: At people fussing over someone getting their first job, in (or after having just exited, depending on your view of things) a recession, without knowing much about it.

OP........Congrats.
(edited 13 years ago)
all responses prior to that have inferred that i am an idiot. so i guess they were really diplomatic aswell?

Ahh, the good ol' two wrongs make a right argument.
don't be mad cause i got a better job than you.

Mug, you work in a shop.
Reply 14
Original post by SuperGuy
lol at people fussing over someone getting their first job in a recession, without knowing much about it.

OP I understand your position.

I am not a number.:smile:
Reply 15
It's general shop work.
Discount isn't that much, its about 50% but only on certain items which are 'key' pieces.
Its good work, the shop is often really quiet and you can just chill.
I have numerous friends that work at a Jack Wills in Chester...
It's 75% off for staff (I think) well at least I remember it being high and I believe you are allowed to pick what you want to wear for that day at work but it has to be from their company obvs.
My friend use to get loads of cheap clothing with her discount... it's worthwhile. (specially pjs)
Not sure on pay but you'll be doing general retail things... sounds a good company to work for mind...

hope this helps??? :smile:
which branch are you at???
(edited 13 years ago)
congratulations on the job :biggrin:
Reply 18
Pay: Minimum
Job Role: Being harassed by customers on the tills whilst keeping up a smiling facade while your dreams slowly shrivel up. Also, mind-numbingly boring shelf stocking/reductions/updating promotions.
Discount: Most likely 10%

Welcome to the joys of retail.
I envy your discount - think of the tweed :coma:.

75% doesn't sound right though, it's generally more like 10% or 15%. I expect you'll be sorting clothes, greeting customers and working the tills.

Quick Reply

Latest