The Student Room Group

Keep getting ill :(

Well I've been at uni since October and I'm on my 3rd/4th illness (everyone keeps asking how I am and when I reply that I'm not feeling well they all say "Again?!?!") which is obviously pissing me off as it feels like I've not been well in ages, I still wasn't fully recovered before whatever I've got this time manifested itself.

Does anyone have any tips to get rid of symptoms and to just stop myself from getting ill again :facepalm2: I really wanted to go out tomorrow night, but I probably won't be able to now :mad:
Buy a coat
Reply 2
Probably partly due to stress and partly due to being amongst new people.

Just take time to relax a bit, try not to stress yourself out too much, and ignore people that keep going 'again?', because focusing on that will probably only make you feel worse.

I hope you feel better soon :smile: Unfortunately you just have to wait it through.
Are you eating enough, getting enough sleep, that kind of thing? That's usually the first thing to look at.
What are you actually ill with? Tbh, there are so many new people around you at uni that being ill a lot at first isn't uncommon :frown:
maybe a more positive attitude (i don't mean in a rude way) but maybe just reply i'm good, might help pyschologically. are you getting a good amount of sleep at night, not enough sleep makes people feel rotten and ill. and eating well, plenty of fruit and veg, good amount of carbs/protein etc. and get out and do some sort of exercise if you don't already. even go for a walk, though make sure you wrap up in this weather! hope you're feeling better soon.
Reply 5
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Buy a coat

I have 3 already :rolleyes:

I barely drink anything when I go out, and I go out once/twice a week, tops.

Thanks for all the replies.
Reply 6
christ bitch take some vitamins. jeez.
Reply 7
Is it a flu/cold or a cough or general headaches, stomach aches your getting?:confused:
Reply 8
No, I'm not that silly!!
I needed to see my doctor for something else, so I might as well combine the appointment.

Original post by maryahs
Is it a flu/cold or a cough or general headaches, stomach aches your getting?:confused:

I think it's a cold, I get runny nose, lots of mucus, a horrible cough which isn't the end of the world but the first 3 days are always hell, I ache all over, always feel the wrong temperature and my skin goes really sensitive and will hurt if it's touched :dontknow:
Reply 9
Original post by Mm_Minty

I think it's a cold, I get runny nose, lots of mucus, a horrible cough which isn't the end of the world but the first 3 days are always hell, I ache all over, always feel the wrong temperature and my skin goes really sensitive and will hurt if it's touched :dontknow:

I'm not sure there's much you can do - it's prime time for this kinda thing. My advice to you is drink a bit of hot water, honey and lemon (it tastes disgusting I know, but if you wanna get better...) every morning and night (not a mug full, about 2 inches full) and that will sooth and clear out your throat. Theres that Vicks Vapour rub that works a dream too, you can gets some from pharmacy's supermarkerts, (i should know, i have been applying it religiously) and a dab a bit on the bridge of your nose, chest, throat, and it works a delight! About your sensitive skin...vaseline? I'm not sure I've never come across that before... Get some nose drops too, (I was a bit like "ew" at first too) but honestly, it really clears you out.

Hope you feel better soon! :console:
You need to boost your immune system. Take vitamins, drink plenty and eat well, ie fruit and veg. Oh and plenty of rest. If you go out, not pubbin and clubbing, wrap up warm, ie good thick coat, hat, scarf and gloves.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending