The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by whythehellnot
If I said no it doesn't you'd be equally as dissatisifed with my answer as I am with yours.

Besides, it's not obvious that the bear does take a dump in the woods, it could be a polar bear.

If a bear DOES take a dump in the middle of the forest with nobody around to see it, will anyone catch him performing necrophilia?
Would you want someone ****ing your nan after the funeral?
There's nothing to consent, they're dead. Consent is only required for the living because without it you may be in danger of causing emotional trauma. Since there are no emotions to traumatise, I fail to see how consent is applicable.

how about somebody in a coma? or a vegetative state?
Original post by bananaterracottapie
how about somebody in a coma? or a vegetative state?

You can come out of a coma. Veeeeery difficult to overcome deadness.
So I've been thinking, is there anything inherently wrong with necrophilia?

The facts:

1. No one gets hurt (lets assume that no one finds out about it for a while)
2. <ost people wouldn't rationally object against using a sex toy.

IF we are going to get all emotional, that's fine I suppose, but from a rational perspective is there anything morally wrong here? :colone:

I really don't see anything morally wrong with it myself. A dead body is inanimate, it has no emotions or sensations for consent to be required. You could say that harm is caused to the deceased's loved ones, but then you could also say that far greater harm is caused to the necrophiliac...

Don't expect any serious discussion on this topic to ensue though...
(edited 13 years ago)
yes! you sick bastard
Reply 26
According to Utilitarianism it would be acceptable as long as the body had no relatives who would be hurt if they found out and the necrophiliac rapist would gain a large amount of pleasure from the act.
Reply 27
My name is Buck. And I'm here to ****?
So I've been thinking, is there anything inherently wrong with necrophilia?

The facts:

1. No one gets hurt (lets assume that no one finds out about it for a while)
2. <ost people wouldn't rationally object against using a sex toy.

There is a difference between a HUMAN BODY and an OBJECT!!!
Reply 29
I find it greatly disturbing that you're comparing a corpse to a sex toy.
Original post by antonfigo
My name is Buck. And I'm here to ****?

Not necrophilia (comaphilia?)
Reply 31
Original post by Rizzletastic
Not necrophilia (comaphilia?)

Reply 32
A moral code is a system of morality (for example, according to a particular philosophy, religion, culture, etc.) and a moral is any one practice or teaching within a moral code. - According to Wikipedia.

So acting against the teachings of respect for human bodies that is present in most religions/cultures/societies. I'd say: yes, necrophilia is therefore immoral.
It's not innately destructive, but it does affect people in a very emotional way.

I'm assuming it's mere curiosity on the OP's part.

Must you, seriously, must you ask this question?

Is necrophillia immoral?

Is genocide immoral?
Original post by G8D
You can't assume consent, so yes it is wrong.

You can't assume they consent to be buried, does that mean a burial is unlawful imprisonment?
Original post by History-Student
You can come out of a coma. Veeeeery difficult to overcome deadness.

I overcame 'deadness' once, easier than you think.
Original post by DreadfullyFun
A moral code is a system of morality (for example, according to a particular philosophy, religion, culture, etc.) and a moral is any one practice or teaching within a moral code. - According to Wikipedia.

So acting against the teachings of respect for human bodies that is present in most religions/cultures/societies. I'd say: yes, necrophilia is therefore immoral.
It's not innately destructive, but it does affect people in a very emotional way.

I'm assuming it's mere curiosity on the OP's part.

It could be moral/could be immoral, dependent on the exact circumstance and (more importantly) the moral viewpoint you take. e.g the utilitarian viewpoint (the only 'real' one imo) this could be moral
Reply 37
I'm sick of Nazi anti-Necrophiliacs discriminating against us i for one want to take a stand fair rights for all
What i do know is it's some weird shiz
Original post by Something_Ironic
I overcame 'deadness' once, easier than you think.

ORLY? Do tell.

Latest

Trending

Trending