The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Northumbria Halls

Hey guys,

I know this is a pretty obscure question and no one will probably know but does anyone know if Northumbria uses undergrad students as wardens in the halls? It's just I know a few uni's that have that system and I'd really love to do it next year.
Reply 1
Original post by Read My Mind
Hey guys,

I know this is a pretty obscure question and no one will probably know but does anyone know if Northumbria uses undergrad students as wardens in the halls? It's just I know a few uni's that have that system and I'd really love to do it next year.

Do wardens have any friends? :confused:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by MJay91
Do wardens have any friends? :confused:

:s-smilie: No I'm assuming if you want someone to take a role in a building with hundreds of teenagers you want the most introverted anti-social people possible...
Reply 3
:s-smilie: No I'm assuming if you want someone to take a role in a building with hundreds of teenagers you want the most introverted anti-social people possible...

Why would you want wardens in halls though? I mean, the ''lets party until we trash this place'' type of people is not at universities anymore (hopefully).
Reply 4
Original post by MJay91
Why would you want wardens in halls though? I mean, the ''lets party until we trash this place'' type of people is not at universities anymore (hopefully).

No hopefully they aren't at uni anymore... though given what I saw the last freshers they still are :eek:.

No I wanna do it cos it'll be (hopefully) a really positive experience, you know making sure everyones ok, waking people up for fire drills :colone:.
Reply 5
No hopefully they aren't at uni anymore... though given what I saw the last freshers they still are :eek:.

No I wanna do it cos it'll be (hopefully) a really positive experience, you know making sure everyones ok, waking people up for fire drills :colone:.

Waking up everyone in the halls for fire drills doesn't sound bad at all! It's just a bit of a risk that some students could be a bit prejudice and think of wardens as some kinds of weirdos. I was a bit prejudice as well. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by MJay91
Waking up everyone in the halls for fire drills doesn't sound bad at all! It's just a bit of a risk that some students could be a bit prejudice and think of wardens as some kinds of weirdos. I was a bit prejudice as well. :biggrin:

At the end of the day do I actually care if a bunch of 18 year olds think I'm a wierdo though...
Reply 7
At the end of the day do I actually care if a bunch of 18 year olds think I'm a wierdo though...

Well, I thought that the wardens are usually one or two years above the freshers.

There's one where I live, I'm pretty sure she's a student but she's late 20-ish and either 3rd or 4th year (I think!) Or even postgrad. But she's definitely a student.

I doubt they'd let a Fresher (presuming you are?) loose in the office. You could always ring up and ask though.
Reply 9
Original post by Sakura-Chan
There's one where I live, I'm pretty sure she's a student but she's late 20-ish and either 3rd or 4th year (I think!) Or even postgrad. But she's definitely a student.

I doubt they'd let a Fresher (presuming you are?) loose in the office. You could always ring up and ask though.

Hey thanks for your response :smile:. No I'm not a fresher I've been at Northumbria two years now and I'll be 22 by next september. Which halls do you live in?
Hey thanks for your response :smile:. No I'm not a fresher I've been at Northumbria two years now and I'll be 22 by next september. Which halls do you live in?

Oh right :smile: I'm in the Stephenson Building.
Reply 11
Oh yer I've heard of those halls, the photos I've seen look pretty nice... though I must admit I have no idea where the halls actually are :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending