The Student Room Group

Do I need to be discreet about how many men I've slept with?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Rancorous
They're telling you to lie because, as most have pointed out, most guys will think the same as me and dump you quick, because you're a slutty whore with problems who blames everyone else for not being emotionally mature enough to understand. 10 is quite a lot, but 21 is just ridiculous. Take that on board.

I have not once blamed anyone for anything on this thread.

I have explained to you that each casual encounter I have is a safe, trustworthy and respectable endevour with someone whom I consider above my standards...and you think that is a bad thing.

Some people just see it as me being easy, in that case yes, that shows huge immaturity in being unable to accept what I have written.
Reply 121
Original post by Anonymous

I have explained to you that each casual encounter I have is a safe, trustworthy and respectable endevour with someone whom I consider above my standards...and you think that is a bad thing.

Some people just see it as me being easy, in that case yes, that shows huge immaturity in being unable to accept what I have written.

I'm guessing you live in Western Europe - in Western societies women are emancipated and with access to condoms/femidoms you are able to pursue lots of sexy sex.

This means we all have the right to live our sexual lives how we wih so if you have a high sex drive and enjoy lots of hot sex with many willing and able men (maybe even 2 or 3 at once if you like) then after having verified that both you and him/them are free from STDs, and wearing adequate protection, you should feel free to shag them.

It is after all your prerogative. Think about when you are old and saggy - wouldn't you like to look back and smile when thinking about the many men (and possibly women) you bedded.
Reply 122
Original post by effofex
I'm guessing you live in Western Europe - in Western societies women are emancipated and with access to condoms/femidoms you are able to pursue lots of sexy sex.

This means we all have the right to live our sexual lives how we wih so if you have a high sex drive and enjoy lots of hot sex with many willing and able men (maybe even 2 or 3 at once if you like) then after having verified that both you and him/them are free from STDs, and wearing adequate protection, you should feel free to shag them.

It is after all your prerogative. Think about when you are old and saggy - wouldn't you like to look back and smile when thinking about the many men (and possibly women) you bedded.

LOL yes exactly. I get tested regularly and use condoms so have never had issues with being 'diseased'. :smile:
Firstly OP, ignore what Rancorous is saying. I wouldn't bring it up the number myself but if you're asked, just tell the truth. Anyone that judges you for it- don't bother with them. Not going to lie 21 is a lot and you've got a lot of other people's views on it, but there's clearly reasons behind it and it's not like we have the full picture. But yeah I wouldn't lie about it in a new relationship.
(edited 13 years ago)

You blamed people for not understanding because they're immature.

You think because you use 'safe, trustworthy, respectable' - very nice kosher words with very little substance, everything is ok. In reality you're a slaggy slut and you'll have to lie about yourself for guys to like you because when they realise what you are they'll dump you like lightning.
Reply 125
You think because you use 'safe, trustworthy, respectable' - very nice kosher words with very little substance, everything is ok. In reality you're a slaggy slut...

Sure. :wink:

Stop quoting me; i've told you what i think of you. You just can't let it go because you're so insecure.
Reply 127
LOL yes exactly. I get tested regularly and use condoms so have never had issues with being 'diseased'. :smile:

Do you use femidoms?

I suppose you could always say that you don't wish to disclose the previous number of sexy partners you've had. It's usually a private matter, right?
Reply 128
Stop quoting me; i've told you what i think of you. You just can't let it go because you're so insecure.

:lol:
Reply 129
Original post by effofex
Do you use femidoms?

I suppose you could always say that you don't wish to disclose the previous number of sexy partners you've had. It's usually a private matter, right?

No, femidoms are too unreliable. Male condoms are easier to use.
Reply 130

Also (whilst this may seem quite ironic) some guys can still find girls they deem slutty sluts to be quite hot (i.e. hot and slutty) and might desire sex with them.
Reply 131
20 in your 20s is really not that much. That's only like 3 or 4 a year, I would call that quite restrained. I know plenty of absolutely lovely 20something girls who have slept with more than that, and only a handful of them were ONS's.

I really don't get all this awful Daily Mail chauvinist prudishness that seems so prevalent on TSR. It's the 21st century ffs, no-one has a problem if a guy sleeps with 3 or 4 different girls in a year, so I don't see why it should be any different the other way round.
So 10 is ok for and 21 is suddenly extreme? PMSL get over yourself.

No it isn't and as I've said if he cares about something as totaly insignifgentas a number then he is the problem, not how many people you are sleeping with.
Reply 133
Anyone who cares is either jealous or insecure. And besides, as py0alb mentioned, 21 partners, when in your early 20s, isn't really that many anyway.

Though to answer your question: yes, be discreet. Whether you've been with 10,000 or 0, it's not anybody else's business. All that matters is that you're free from STIs and a nice person.

Quick Reply

Latest