The Student Room Group

What is your IQ?.......(Official scores only)

Scroll to see replies

a) 154, got into mensa
b) ****'s worthless and doesn't prove anything beyond your ability to answer those specific questions
Reply 21
Original post by Rogercbinboy
a) 154, got into mensa

tazarooni89
154 according to Mensa test

What are the chances?
Original post by Bourgeois
What are the chances?

Great it seems, one of my best mates also has an IQ of 154.
Original post by Bourgeois
What are the chances?

154:1
Reply 25
25.... Not gonna lie.
Reply 26
Original post by SuperGuy
I'd like to put forward 2 questions to those who have taken an IQ test in controlled exam conditions, overseen by any governing body which mensa would accept as genuine enough for entry (in this case, disregarding the score of course).

i.e the real deal, no online tests, home tests etc (I'm sure someone will still make a joke concerning this regulation, I'm waiting.....)

Questions:

a) What is your IQ? (out of interest :smile: )

b) Do you accept IQ scores (in general) as good measurements of general intelligence?

Thanks.

Unofficial one: 133

I had one done by someone at my school, and they said it was impossible to average out a score for me, as I'm in the 95th percentile with literacy and memory skills but in the 40th percentile for mathematical skills or something like that, so an average wouldn't give a true reading. :dontknow:

Basically, I'm good at English, writing and remembering things, and awful at maths. Which I already knew! :tongue:
Reply 27
I have an IQ of 145.

I was in the 99th percentile of verbal abilty.

But only in the 77th for mathmatical abilty...

But nah, I'm ****in' with you, I don't know.
Reply 28
Original post by tazarooni89
148 according to Facebook test
154 according to Mensa test
I consider both to be pretty meaningless numbers. Although IQ tests are still fun sometimes :smile:

I'm sure :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by .Ali.
Unofficial one: 133

I had one done by someone at my school, and they said it was impossible to average out a score for me, as I'm in the 95th percentile with literacy and memory skills but in the 40th percentile for mathematical skills or something like that, so an average wouldn't give a true reading. :dontknow:

Basically, I'm good at English, writing and remembering things, and awful at maths. Which I already knew! :tongue:

See Title. (however, it's a free country + forum)
Reply 30
See Title. (however, it's a free country + forum)

Yes, I know, hence why I included the bit about the official one I had done at school...there wasn't a concrete score, which is why I included the unofficial one. :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by .Ali.
Yes, I know, hence why I included the bit about the official one I had done at school...there wasn't a concrete score, which is why I included the unofficial one. :tongue:

Then the average is your score on the IQ test (if it was official), even if your poor mathematical ability drags it down.

Everyone is judged by the same system to see how good they are at handling the questions on the test. If this wasn't the case, there wouldn't be much point to the points/score system.
Original post by tazarooni89
148 according to Facebook test

:five:

One of my lecturers said that intelligence is a measure of the ability to take a complex concept and make it simple and easy to understand. I think that's a pretty good view to have.

Original post by tanzeel
...which is somewhere in the 97th percentile(top 3% worldwide).

But not everyone in the world does the SAT...
Reply 33
I'm not a number.

No.

Who even really cares about IQ anyway? The tests don't measure "intelligence", they merely measure how well you can respond to their questions which, aside from mathematical ones, never really appear in life.
Reply 35
Original post by F i s
I'm not a number.

No one said you were. ^^^ What a zero! :wink:
I did an IQ test. I got a number so large that i cannot write it down as it is too large for your tiny brain to comprehend.:biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
No one said you were. ^^^ What a zero! :wink:

Hahhah, No.
a) What is your IQ? (out of interest :smile: )

b) Do you accept IQ scores (in general) as good measurements of general intelligence?

If you don't want to know or care then click.

Reply 39
a) What is your IQ? (out of interest )
Two summers ago I sat the Mensa test at express Leeds and came out with an IQ score of 163, which I'd assume has increased somewhat since then.

Well if I was to accept IQ scores as important, then I'd be a veritable genius, which I'm not really. So no? I think anyone with an IQ of over 120 is clever enough to maintain an intellectual conversation with though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending