The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Yup but a reason which is present in all the disappointments is that they rush the game. They make a game which can be released at the exact same time as the film. Mediocrity follows. They are many examples of standalone games (not related to the film's story) that are released near the time a film (but not the exact same time) is or when franchise is popular - and as a result do well. Not only because of the franchise but because of the quality of the game.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Batman: Arkham Asylum

That doesn't say much for direct movie/game tie-ins. You are right. Rarely is a videogame based on a film good. Same vice versa.

Prince of Persia being a recent example.

Hm, Batman: Arkham Asylum wasn't really centred around the Nolan films, more the animated series and the comics.

In fact, I think Prince of Persia is one of the best examples of a good film based on a video-game. I suspect much of that is because Uwe Boll never got his grubby mitts all over it. :p:
Original post by Madjackismad
Hm, Batman: Arkham Asylum wasn't really centred around the Nolan films, more the animated series and the comics.

Yup which is why I said:

They are many examples of standalone games (not related to the film's story) .

In fact, I think Prince of Persia is one of the best examples of a good film based on a video-game. I suspect much of that is because Uwe Boll never got his grubby mitts all over it. :p:

It was worth it for Gemma Arterton. :sexface:
Also Mark Wahlberg cast in an Uncharted film. Don't we already have Indiana Jones/National Treasure? :colonhash:
Also Mark Wahlberg cast in an Uncharted film. Don't we already have Indiana Jones/National Treasure? :colonhash:

Yes, but unfortunately they're aiming for a more National Treasure slant while Uncharted could be a potentially awesomemovie if they got the Indiana Jones feel to it right. But nope, we're getting cheesy family friendly fun.

Going out in the future? Going to order a Taxi? No?

Oh, how about you buy this game. Looks decent:

Imagine if they did a film adaptation of Crazy Taxi. :indiff:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by S-man10
The one on the PS2? I don't think I gave ever played it...

N64. Widely considered to be one of the best games ever. :p:

Oh, I completely agree with you. He was excellent in Spooks and I'm glad that Peter Jackson has cast him for The Hobbit.

I first saw him in Robin Hood; the campest, most ridiculous show ever (and yet I secretly adored every single minute of it :love:) and yet even in that he had this great gravitas that just made every scene he was in so much better.

He also has a role in the Avengers.
Yes, but unfortunately they're aiming for a more National Treasure slant while Uncharted could be a potentially awesomemovie if they got the Indiana Jones feel to it right. But nope, we're getting cheesy family friendly fun.

I know right.

"This idea really turns me on that there's a family that's a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities ... [a family] that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice,"

:facepalm2:
I know right.

"This idea really turns me on that there's a family that's a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities ... [a family] that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice,"

:facepalm2:

Check my edited post.

And where's that quote from? Does that person get sexual pleasure from playing an Indiana Jones like character?

Going out in the future? Going to order a Taxi? No?

Oh, how about you buy this game. Looks decent:

:rofl:

The plot has a distinctly Life on Mars feel to it. Guy in a coma, whole new world, trying to get out...

Are you giving me hints? :p:

I WILL WATCH IT. Why won't you believe me? :puppyeyes:
(edited 13 years ago)

And where's that quote from? Does that person get sexual pleasure from playing an Indiana Jones like character?

:teehee:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/01/david-o-russell-talks-about-his-vision-for-the-uncharted-movie/3

Part of me thinks it could be good. But then I remembered this film and wept that I'd seen it before:

Original post by Phalanges

I first saw him in Robin Hood; the campest, most ridiculous show ever (and yet I secretly adored every single minute of it :love:)

The BBC TV series? :ninja:
:rofl:

The plot has a distinctly Life on Mars feel to it. Guy in a coma, whole new world, trying to get out...

Are you giving me hints? :p:

I WILL WATCH IT. Why won't you believe me? :puppyeyes:

Because you've been saying since August that you'll watch it. :p:

If you don't, I'm going to get a Taxi tomorrow, have a lengthy banterous conversation with the Driver. Then I'm going to kick your ass and go for a coffee in Cafe Niro Nero.

The BBC TV series? :ninja:

Could it be anything else? :p:
Because you've been saying since August that you'll watch it. :p:

If you don't, I'm going to get a Taxi tomorrow, have a lengthy banterous conversation with the Driver. Then I'm going to kick your ass and go for a coffee in Cafe Niro Nero.

:afraid:

I will. I must. :nooo:

Hm, Nathan Fillion was interested in the role. He would've been a much better choice, they just got Mark Wahlberg because he's a relatively famous actor.
Original post by Phalanges
Could it be anything else? :p:

I used to watch that too. Despite being slightly embarassed about watching it infront of other people, I would still tune in every week :teehee:

Spoiler

:afraid:

I will. I must. :nooo:

You better. :hmmm:

If you don't, I'll blow a cow, man.

Spoiler

Damn Wonderful TSR mods.
Hm, Nathan Fillion was interested in the role. He would've been a much better choice, they just got Mark Wahlberg because he's a relatively famous actor.

The guy from Firefly? Yeah, lots of people have said that, he would have been 'perfect' for the role and character. Mark Wahlberg has been hit and miss in movies. He was good in The Departed.
This thread has got me overhyped for Tron.

Come on Thursday the 16th!
The guy from Firefly? Yeah, lots of people have said that, he would have been 'perfect' for the role and character. Mark Wahlberg has been hit and miss in movies. He was good in The Departed.

Yup, that's him.

He's a lot closer.

Yeah, Wahlberg is hit and miss.

Latest

Trending

Trending