The Student Room Group

Got a job at Jack Wills!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisus1992
i assume its general sales assistant stuff, folding clothes, serving customers, greeting and welcoming them, checking stocks etc.... as for pay, i have yet to start i imagine i will get told all this on my first day which is next week, im on here asking for help and not a single person has helped yet so **** you , don't be mad cause i got a better job than you.

I wish I could spend ten hours straight folding clothes and arranging outfits.

It would definitely not be the most mind-numbingly boring experience of my life.
Reply 21
Original post by F i s
I am not a number.:smile:

Incorrect.

..........."I'm not a number." :wink:
Reply 22
The discount varies massively depending on the company. A shop I used to work at gave 50%, so it isn't unheard of at all.

Congrats.
Reply 23
thanks everyone for the responses! its not my first job i used to work at mcdonalds but decided i wanted a change, i acted confidently in the interview and hey presto new job :smile:
Reply 24
You really should have found this out before taking up the job :lolwut:
Reply 25
75% does sound high but I got 40% at Urban Outfitters and I'm sure my friend got over 50% when she worked at Ted Baker so it could be right.

You'll be doing just general crap retail work. It's boring and long hours but hey, a job's a job so congrats. Probably more than likely you'll be getting paid minimum wage or a few pence above.
Original post by Groat
75% off sounds a bit unrealistic . . .

It's true...

Original post by Jacktri
What is Jack Willis?

You're joking right?
Reply 27
Original post by Summergirl.x
It's true...

You're joking right?

well i've never seen a shop that says Jack Wills on before
Reply 28
What the job entails? A possible life time of stereotypical mockery and abuse left right and centre! I'd have more respect for you if you were a piano player in a brothel quite frankly...
Original post by Jacktri
well i've never seen a shop that says Jack Wills on before

There's not too many around.. but the name is around.. www.jackwills.co.uk

It's a middle class 'Fabulously British' store selling clothes aimed at preserving tradition, associated with private school. It's the 'university outfitters'or the 'outfitters to the gentry.'
Reply 30
Original post by Summergirl.x
There's not too many around.. but the name is around.. www.jackwills.co.uk

It's a middle class 'Fabulously British' store selling clothes aimed at preserving tradition, associated with private school. It's the 'university outfitters'or the 'outfitters to the gentry.'

well it has a really bad website i clicked on the gentleman bit had some guy with a long scarf on is this aimed at homosexuals?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Jacktri
well it has a really bad website i clicked on the gentleman bit had some guy with a long scarf on is this aimed at homosexuals?

haha no. i guess the guy who would normally wear this is a rugby type guy..
it's just your opinion..
Reply 32
Who is Jack Wills?
Reply 33
If this is your idea of "joy! how life does turn upwards!", then I truly envy you, because your happiness can subsist on nothingness.
Reply 34
does anyone KNOW the pay? im not asking for guesses or assumptions im looking for facts.
does anyone KNOW the pay? im not asking for guesses or assumptions im looking for facts.

minimum wage.
Reply 36

It depends upon where in the country you are, for example the nearer to London you get the higher the hourly rate will be, so if you can state at which branch you'll be working that might make it easier to work out what you pay might be?
Reply 37
You really shouldn't be getting annoyed with people on TSR who don't know what your own rate of pay is. You should have got off your a*se and found that out for yourself instead of blaming other people. You seem like the typical Jack Wills type.
As for discount, I used to work at Fat Face, and we got 75% off. However, we had to pay for our uniform, so they technically were still making money out of their own staff.
All retailers are businesses at the end of the day, so please, not for one second think you are special because you work at jack wills. I understand that many of you Jack Wills/A&F/Hollister types think you are Gods gift and the sun shines out of your a**hole, but you are very much mistaken.
Reply 38
Original post by my9rides
You really shouldn't be getting annoyed with people on TSR who don't know what your own rate of pay is. You should have got off your a*se and found that out for yourself instead of blaming other people. You seem like the typical Jack Wills type.
As for discount, I used to work at Fat Face, and we got 75% off. However, we had to pay for our uniform, so they technically were still making money out of their own staff.
All retailers are businesses at the end of the day, so please, not for one second think you are special because you work at jack wills. I understand that many of you Jack Wills/A&F/Hollister types think you are Gods gift and the sun shines out of your a**hole, but you are very much mistaken.

shutup mate your choosing to get involved
Reply 39
Hi i recently got a job at jack wills (very happy, first ever retail job!) and I would like to know what sort of things I will have to do, how much money I will be paid, and what sort of discount I will be getting ( I heard 75% but can anyone confirm this?), I start next week and am kinda excited! Does anyone here work in jack wills?

thanksssssss

You're a queer, right?

Quick Reply

Latest