The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i want to enter an undergraduate degree that is in a London university and that would allow me to go out 4 nights(10pm to 3-4am) a week AND have 3-4 free hours(when I could do whatever I want to) a day.
Does a degree like that exist in x?

Oh wait.
Reply 21
Original post by Blueflare
Any Humanities or Social Science subject, as long as you don't mind failing it.

on the student room forum it says social sciences subjects are:
Business and Management, Economics, Geography and Earth Sciences, Law, Politics and International Relations, Psychology

and arts and humanities subjects are:
Creative Arts, Classics, English, Foreign Languages, Geography and Earth Sciences, History, Media, Film and Journalism, Philosophy

you think all of these would let me do that?i mean,even subjects like business and management,economics,psychology,philosophy..etc?
because for example some guys who were attending psychology said they had to work a lot..a guy said in the second year he had to work 9am-4pm every day,a girl said she studied 8 hours every day
Reply 22
Original post by outlaw-torn
even with a degree that has a low amount of contact time.. you certainly have to make up for it at home.

I only have 6 hours a week at uni, but spend much more time than that doing work

whats your degree?
Original post by elvis L
on the student room forum it says social sciences subjects are:
Business and Management, Economics, Geography and Earth Sciences, Law, Politics and International Relations, Psychology

and arts and humanities subjects are:
Creative Arts, Classics, English, Foreign Languages, Geography and Earth Sciences, History, Media, Film and Journalism, Philosophy

you think all of these would let me do that?i mean,even subjects like business and management,economics,psychology,philosophy..etc?
because for example some guys who were attending psychology said they had to work a lot..a guy said in the second year he had to work 9am-4pm every day,a girl said she studied 8 hours every day

You should have read the part where I said as long as you don't mind failing it.
You are clearly not University material, so don't go. Get a job.
I'm not going to help you pick a specific subject to fail at.
Reply 24
Original post by RNBen
Why don't you just get a part time job? Rather than wasting your money on a degree which clearly means nothing to you.

are part time jobs common in england,especially in london?i mean,do many people have a part time job and is it easy to get one?

because in italy,im from italy,they are very rare,and its not easy to get one
Reply 25
Do a job. In the spare time.
Yeah, try this
Original post by elvis L
i want to enter an undergraduate degree that is in a London university and that would allow me to go out 4 nights(10pm to 3-4am) a week AND have 3-4 free hours(when I could do whatever I want to) a day.
Does a degree like that exist at ual?

You want to pay for a degree that will guarantee you no job at the end of it because you want to go out drinking?

Have fun with that one.
Original post by JuLia_Crystal
those degrees exist in London Metropolitan University O.N.L.Y.

Not necessarily, I'm doing a "proper" degree at a decent uni and could probably fit that into my timetable. Yes, it would be tiring, but you are all hugely exaggerating - or spend all your free time studying non-stop. 3 hours a day and 4 10-3am nights a week is 41 hours. That leaves 127 hours for sleep and uni - I know I personally spend well under 127 hours a week on those 2 things.
join any degree you like, don't do the work assigned to you you will have endless time, go out and party, and end up with 3rd class or fail...Some people will still mange to keep up with work along with maintaining heavy social life...

Any degree can give you a lot of free time.. its up to you...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by History-Student
Far less than I should. We're told we should be doing a total of 30 hours/week including contact time. I do about 3+contact.

you study history,dont you?

and you never do more than 9 hours of study\work a week in total?
but you attend a uni in york i guess,dont you?
Reply 31
Original post by callum9999
Not necessarily, I'm doing a "proper" degree at a decent uni and could probably fit that into my timetable. Yes, it would be tiring, but you are all hugely exaggerating - or spend all your free time studying non-stop. 3 hours a day and 4 10-3am nights a week is 41 hours. That leaves 127 hours for sleep and uni - I know I personally spend well under 127 hours a week on those 2 things.

whats your course\type of degree?
Original post by elvis L
whats your course\type of degree?

Biomedical Sciences BSc
You should try Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering at Imperial. You'll have the time of your life!!

Wait, wut?
Reply 34
Original post by defuzion
its called a part-time degree

Or even better, Open University!
Reply 35
Original post by callum9999
Biomedical Sciences BSc

how many hours would you say you spend on your course in total(lectures etc + homework\self study at home) each day\a week?

but you attend a uni in ramsgate,which is a town in the south-east part of england,right?
Reply 36
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
You should try Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering at Imperial. You'll have the time of your life!!

Wait, wut?

how many hours would i spend on these courses in total(lectures + individual study at home) each day\a week?
Original post by elvis L
how many hours would i spend on these courses in total(lectures + individual study at home) each day\a week?

About 150 hours

Latest

Trending

Trending