The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rockrunride
It's always been ridiculously tacky and overpriced.

The worst thing about them is the fact that they try to appear Japanese. Don't lie, guys. Nobody likes a liar.

This.

I don't think anyone over the age of 15 should be seen in it.
Tis overpriced but I like a few superdry *T-shirts... a Jacket or two from the brand are ok too
I have lots of nice jumpers and jackets from there, but I don't have anything with a giant motif on it. I dislike being a walking advert.
Reply 23
I'd rather buy a Hollister or AF
Reply 24
Hm...
lol no
Reply 26
I was thinking of getting the lumberjack hoody they look sick like some of the jackets/coats but are expensive just like the rest of the items. Might get one next week though :smile: still thinking of the colour.
Don't they all have about 20 zips on them? Which all have Superdry written on them
No, it's not that good. Fair enough, it's fairly good quality, but it's still ridiculously overpriced for what you get. A plain hoodie with the (frankly ugly) logo on it is £50, a t-shirt - £30. That's a lot for a plain hoodie or t-shirt. The coats start getting into the £150 - £200 mark and for what, a boring coat with the logo emblazoned on it 4 or 5 times? It's ridiculous. The lumberjack/flannel shirts are nice and the jeans are alright... (still overpriced though) but the shop really doesn't offer a lot more than what is shamefully just a statement of wealth. The clothes aren't particularly interesting in design.

I know exactly what you mean because I've seen it first hand. I must have seen, what, 20 people at my school with the plain hoodies (be them in different colours), countless t-shirts, about 10 - 15 guys have the Superdry bags, and I kid you not there are at least 5 people with the exact same coat. There are a group of guys who only wear Superdry stuff.

It really is ridiculous, at least where I'm from.
Reply 29
I have ONE Superdry hoodie which i bought because:
a) It was £25 (brand new)
b) It was warm.

I mostly wear it at home, and when it gets reeeeally cold I'll wear it outside underneath my coat.

Yes, their hoodies are common, and perhaps slightly obnoxious but originality isn't gonna keep me warm in minus temperatures. So quite frankly, I don't give a sh!t.
Reply 30
Original post by lukas1051
No, it's not that good. Fair enough, it's fairly good quality, but it's still ridiculously overpriced for what you get. A plain hoodie with the (frankly ugly) logo on it is £50, a t-shirt - £30. That's a lot for a plain hoodie or t-shirt. The coats start getting into the £150 - £200 mark and for what, a boring coat with the logo emblazoned on it 4 or 5 times? It's ridiculous. The lumberjack/flannel shirts are nice and the jeans are alright... (still overpriced though) but the shop really doesn't offer a lot more than what is shamefully just a statement of wealth. The clothes aren't particularly interesting in design.

I know exactly what you mean because I've seen it first hand. I must have seen, what, 20 people at my school with the plain hoodies (be them in different colours), countless t-shirts, about 10 - 15 guys have the Superdry bags, and I kid you not there are at least 5 people with the exact same coat. There are a group of guys who only wear Superdry stuff.

It really is ridiculous, at least where I'm from.

Yeah the shops are packed now all of a sudden, i like the style but if everything was just 40% of the price now it would be much better :smile: ok so u dont recommend me getting the lumberjack hoody? its £65 and im still thinking lol thats2-3 weeks of EMA :smile:
I only have a superdry t-shirt and really like it. I am hoping to get a hoodie soon.
I've got the lumberjack hoody and i love it, its actually really warm... to be fair though, i got it off ebay so it was only £30 :biggrin:
I saw this guy today and he was wearing this really superdry and it looked so good on him. It was just slightly different than the 'conventional' coats and it was just really well made.

And I enjoy my superdry earmuffs. They're fuzzy and keep my ears warm :smile:
Original post by Bruce_Lee
Yeah the shops are packed now all of a sudden, i like the style but if everything was just 40% of the price now it would be much better :smile: ok so u dont recommend me getting the lumberjack hoody? its £65 and im still thinking lol thats2-3 weeks of EMA :smile:

Honestly, they're probably the one thing I would consider buying from the store. Granted, £65 is a little steep, but they are really nice hoodies... It's you're choice at the end of the day, clothes are clothes.

The store in general is IMO very overpriced and overrated, especially the people who just wear it for the label, but I do quite like those particular items.
Reply 35

I completely agree. I understood the 'shinasai' bit, and looked up the kanji. I lol'd.
Original post by Jarc
I used to like it but it's far too common now, although some of the subtly-branded stuff is nice.

Agreed. I still wear superdry though.
Reply 37
Original post by lukas1051
Honestly, they're probably the one thing I would consider buying from the store. Granted, £65 is a little steep, but they are really nice hoodies... It's you're choice at the end of the day, clothes are clothes.

The store in general is IMO very overpriced and overrated, especially the people who just wear it for the label, but I do quite like those particular items.

Yeah il probably consider buying it then :smile: now which colour xD, everyone seems to have the blue one with green stripes, i might go for orange and blue its a gd contrast with the grey hood lol.
Reply 38
I work for Superdry. I don't wear the clothes outside of work because it is not my personal style. But the fabric quality is good and the garment design is good + unique. It's not a brand which copies current trends it has its own 'americana style with pseudo japanese text'. It tries to be different and offers a specific style. It's not like Top man, Burtons, New look, H and M or Urban outfitters which sell seasonal trend garments. It produces clothing that competes directly with Abercrombie and fitch, Jack wills and A&F Hollister - these brands charge more money than superdry for items like joggers/ hoodies... It's all got to do with marketing, A&F/JW are associated with people who are well off and are specificly targeted to that market... therefore everyone percieves that the clothes should be worth more...which infact probably cost the same to make.
Reply 39
...But it sucks arse....

At the end of the day, ll you are doing is turning yourself into a human billboard. If they really made their clothes for the quality/warmth, then they wouldnt need to emblazon it with a massive "SUPERDRY logo.