The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by veronica111
I applied around 20th October? I think... and they may be waiting for the deadline in January, but I've seen a lot of people on here have got offers for the course I'm applying to do at Bath. But anyway, I asked them and they all seem to be predicted straight A*s and achieved straight A*s at GCSEs etc, but we'll see, only time will tell! Where are you applying?

Bare in mind, it has got to do with a lot more factors than grades.
No where.
Reply 421
Original post by India13

Original post by India13
Yeah same i got that letter, i think it basically means you just need to go to the open day and you'll get an offer.

well i hope so :smile:

just wondering what date your open day invite was?!
Warwick, A*AAA to include Math and Further Math. ****ing hell why ask for four A Levels? Meh at least no rejections so far :biggrin:.
Reply 423
Original post by veronica111
I applied around 20th October? I think... and they may be waiting for the deadline in January, but I've seen a lot of people on here have got offers for the course I'm applying to do at Bath. But anyway, I asked them and they all seem to be predicted straight A*s and achieved straight A*s at GCSEs etc, but we'll see, only time will tell! Where are you applying?

I got an offer from Bath a while back and I'm not predicted straight A*'s (only 1) and I didn't get straight A*'s at GCSE (50/50 A*/A). I have a feeling that they're giving a lot of offers to people applying to Oxbridge knowing that a lot of them won't choose Bath either as a main choice or a backup.
Reply 424
Original post by asdfg0987
Warwick, A*AAA to include Math and Further Math. ****ing hell why ask for four A Levels? Meh at least no rejections so far :biggrin:.

As you do further maths , as well?
Reply 425
Original post by Speckle
I got an offer from Bath a while back and I'm not predicted straight A*'s (only 1) and I didn't get straight A*'s at GCSE (50/50 A*/A). I have a feeling that they're giving a lot of offers to people applying to Oxbridge knowing that a lot of them won't choose Bath either as a main choice or a backup.

Why would they do that?
My friend got ABB offers from Leicester for BSc Economics (today), and from Royal Holloway for BSc Economics (last week)... applied 17th November. Just thought I'd post it just to alert anyone else who's applied here! He got ABCC at AS, predicted AAC
Reply 427
University of Leeds
Economics L100 AAA

Sent off my application on the 12th November, my first offer!
Reply 428
Original post by chisletts
University of Leeds
Economics L100 AAA

Sent off my application on the 12th November, my first offer!

Well done, where else did you apply?
Reply 429
Got all my offers now! :biggrin:
Leeds: AAA
York, Lancaster, Loughborough, Newcastle: AAB

Wish I knew where I want to go!
Reply 430
Hi guys, just received an offer from Nottingham.

GCE A Levels : AB required
Just recieved a conditional from Essex.
Reply 432
Original post by asdfg0987

Meh exactly. I now have four rejections. I cannot believe my luck. 3A* 1A predicted A-Levels and 5A*5A at GCSE.
I think a Gap Year is calling.

Congratulations though!
Reply 433
Original post by anradu
Meh exactly. I now have four rejections. I cannot believe my luck. 3A* 1A predicted A-Levels and 5A*5A at GCSE.
I think a Gap Year is calling.

Congratulations though!

Where did you apply, out of interest?
Reply 434
Original post by SPMS
Well done, where else did you apply?

I applied to Loughborough, Birmingham, Newcastle and Liverpool. very happy
Reply 435
Original post by allystar
Got all my offers now! :biggrin:
Leeds: AAA
York, Lancaster, Loughborough, Newcastle: AAB

Wish I knew where I want to go!

You got an offer from Loughbrough well done! what are your grades and when did you apply? i aint heard anything from loughborough at all :frown: but got an offer from Leeds so not all bad
*subscribes*
L100 - Economics
Loughborough
Conditional: AAB

Really chuffed as it's my first offer :smile:
Reply 438
Original post by joebarron
L100 - Economics
Loughborough
Conditional: AAB

Really chuffed as it's my first offer :smile:

when did you apply and what are your grades?
Reply 439
Original post by Patston
Where did you apply, out of interest?

UCL, Cambridge, Warwick, LSE and Bristol. I'm slightly shocked and disappointed - I wasn't expecting rejections from both UCL and Warwick. I guess it happens. Hopefully I'll receive some feedback from Warwick and LSE. UCL on the otherhand wrote: Regretfully, your academic record to date does not warrant further consideration" :frown:
Yourself?

Latest

Trending

Trending