The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No no no no no :frown:
Reply 2
Why don't you study the IB?
Reply 3
if you're thinking of going to uni and you need all of those A levels you should do them. otherwise don't try it, it sounds like suicide.
Reply 4
Original post by justrelirandom
Currently i'm think of studying :
Triple maths (or double maths at minimum)
Triple science
Mandarin(Not really studying , just taking exams)

So a couple of questions :
1.Is triple maths worth it? Does it give you that much of an advantage?
2.How is the work load going to be?
3.If i'm also considering to take Philosophy,History,Economics is there any way to fit those in?

What exactly do you want to do after A levels? Uni?
Triple science

3.If i'm also considering to take Philosophy,History,Economics is there any way to fit those in?

I hope you're trolling. If not, you are on an academic suicide mission.
No. I assume you will be going to university after, so when looking for employment, they will look at your degree, rather than how many A Levels you have. It's definitely not worth the stress either. Better to have 3/4 high grades than 7 middle grades (assuming doing so many will affect your grades).

1) I think not. Just stick with double at most. If you wanted to go into maths, go for triple, if you think you can take it, and have your life set on maths.

2) A lot!

3) Lol, no. You really need to learn how to choose.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
There is no logic in taking 7 A levels when most university courses ask for 3.

Even if you had time to study for 7 A levels and get optimum marks, it clearly shows you had little time for extra- curricular activities (or even a social life), and this may hinder you to when applying.
Reply 8
What does triple maths look like when it's at home?
Whaaaaat triple maths? I don't think anywhere requires maths and further maths, let alone 3 maths a levels....
:lolwut:
Original post by Crazy Paving
No. I assume you will be going to university after, so when looking for unemployment, they will look at your degree, rather than how many A Levels you have. It's definitely not worth the stress either. Better to have 3/4 high grades than 7 middle grades (assuming doing so many will affect your grades).

1) I think not. Just stick with double at most. If you wanted to go into maths, go for triple, if you think you can take it, and have your life set on maths.

2) A lot!

3) Lol, no. You really need to learn how to choose.

Wonderful...
Reply 12
No! Just No!

It will not help your grades and only hinder. Some will be wasted effort. As a uni or employer I would at that as someone who does not know how to prioritise and liable to undertake too much for no reason.

*there is a disclaimer here. For a Postgrad I one did 14 Ungrad modules in 1 year. However, this was the course not my course. I aced it though and it felt damn good
Reply 13
Good luck with that.
You only need 3 for Uni.
Oh and WTF is triple maths ?
I only know about A level Maths and Alevel Further maths.
Reply 15
Make media studies one of those subjects, it will be just like doing 6!
Reply 16
My Chinese friend was advised not to take Manderin A level, because, as she was fluent, some unis wouldn't count it so it wasn't worth the effort.

Or at least, that's what she told us.
Original post by SmallTownGirl

Original post by SmallTownGirl
Wonderful...

lol, oops.

Must be on the mind. :sigh:
Triple science

A guy done 22 in one year and got 21 A's (before the A*), so nah, 7 is not too bad and doable in comparison. You just gotta work really hard.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by RedJimmy
What does triple maths look like when it's at home?

Doing 18 maths modules!

Latest