The Student Room Group

Asking for a reason?

Ok so i left a clique becos i felt awkward in it due to a girl ignoring me (suddenly and for no apparent reason) and i dont feel nice sitting around a table and needing to consciously ignore someone. Now that i am hangin out with everyone else (still talking to tt clique just obviously distanced from them and now when they go out they dont call me along either so i guess its mutual distancing..tho i told them im not going out so often with them cos im busy and they know tt since i just got chosen for a whole load of attachments so technically they just dont give a damn about me which is ok i guess since we still smile at each other and all..civility is what remains.)

what im thinking about tho is the girl who ignores me... now when she sees me she just walks AROUND the long way, not just childish, but rather stupid. it makes me just give up being civil and say hi to her. but i wonder if i shld ask her, now that i hv left, what exactly is the reason for her to be so uncivill towards me... friends told me now that i hav left and chose not to fight on in tt clique tt shes not worth my time..but just wondering if i shldd ask for a reason...or will that just make her feel that she has managed to wind me up?
Reply 1
I dont understand neither the situation nor what "tt" means :s-smilie:
Original post by move1
Ok so i left a clique becos i felt awkward in it due to a girl ignoring me (suddenly and for no apparent reason) and i dont feel nice sitting around a table and needing to consciously ignore someone. Now that i am hangin out with everyone else (still talking to tt clique just obviously distanced from them and now when they go out they dont call me along either so i guess its mutual distancing..tho i told them im not going out so often with them cos im busy and they know tt since i just got chosen for a whole load of attachments so technically they just dont give a damn about me which is ok i guess since we still smile at each other and all..civility is what remains.)

what im thinking about tho is the girl who ignores me... now when she sees me she just walks AROUND the long way, not just childish, but rather stupid. it makes me just give up being civil and say hi to her. but i wonder if i shld ask her, now that i hv left, what exactly is the reason for her to be so uncivill towards me... friends told me now that i hav left and chose not to fight on in tt clique tt shes not worth my time..but just wondering if i shldd ask for a reason...or will that just make her feel that she has managed to wind me up?

Let children act like children. If you see her one day just say hi. If she chooses to ignore you then let her. A good person meets up the next day with someone forgetting about the beef that happened yesterday

Be careful of hanging around with the same groups of people all the time. It can be a barrier that stops you from making new friends.
Reply 3
Original post by katyness

Me neither. I think he means 'that'
meh... ignore her she sounds like a bicth, everyone will work it out eventually.
Reply 5
I dont understand neither the situation nor what tt means :s-smilie:

Original post by asdfg0987

Guys I figured it out:

She says she likes my watch, but she wants Steve's AP
And she stay up all hours watching QVC
She said she loves my songs, she bought my mp3
And so I put her number in my Bold BB
I got a black BM, She got a white TT

But I still don't understand what a TT is :frown:
Your post is difficult to read, and I also don't know what tt is. :holmes:

If I have interpreted it correctly, I'd say just leave it and don't ask. Like you said, you're over it, or at least want to give that impression.

I think you need to make sense before you receive guidance.
Reply 8
Original post by Bobcat65
Guys I figured it out:

Lol. my brother loves that song.
Reply 9
Your post was hell to read.

Basically, don't stoop down to her level; she is behaving like a child. Continue to behave like an adult, and she will get bored eventually. Just ignore her.
Reply 10
Original post by Crazy Paving

If I have interpreted it correctly, I'd say just leave it and don't ask. Like you said, you're over it, or at least want to give that impression.

Sorry tt means THAT.
Basically my problem is more on i dont need the whole world to like me knowing it is impossible. But more of if some random person i used to hang out w dont like me shld i further pursue the matter for a reason. im also not sticking w one clique now (and only did becos i live in halls and most of these girls in this clique live in the same halls and do the same course)
Reply 11
Original post by Blueflare
Your post was hell to read.

Basically, don't stoop down to her level; she is behaving like a child. Continue to behave like an adult, and she will get bored eventually. Just ignore her.

Sorry...english isnt that good i guess.. so u believe that if she does have a legit reason she shld tell me and i shldnt care if she doesnt?
Reply 12

Original post by asdfg0987

Original post by Bobcat65
Guys I figured it out:

Original post by Something_Ironic
I think you need to make sense before you receive guidance.

Sorry tt means THAT... basically, i was with a clique, the girls in my clique kept including this particular girl outta the blue, and she is ignoring me very obviously for no reason... it sort of graduated from just saying hi to saying hi without a smile and now not saying hi at all.. so i left the group.. i created another thread on this a few weeks ago when the problem was rather fresh..but now that i left the clique, partly due to a busy schedule for uni and also i believe that uni is a time to know loads of pple instead of being exclusive.

i am just wondering if i shld pursue the reason since it is ridiculous sseeing her walking past me or trying walking the long way just to avoid me. And when she has no choice but to 'bump into me' she just pretends like she didnt see me... tried saying hi once and she just went "hey" in the flattest tone ever.

Hope tt clears things up..
Original post by move1

Original post by move1
Sorry tt means THAT.
Basically my problem is more on i dont need the whole world to like me knowing it is impossible. But more of if some random person i used to hang out w dont like me shld i further pursue the matter for a reason. im also not sticking w one clique now (and only did becos i live in halls and most of these girls in this clique live in the same halls and do the same course)

If you care about her enough and why she appears to not be talking to you, ask her. Be prepared though, if you're being paranoid, that it may just worsen the situation. I think I'm actually in your position too atm. Well, a very similar situation.
Reply 14
If you care about her enough and why she appears to not be talking to you, ask her. Be prepared though, if you're being paranoid, that it may just worsen the situation. I think I'm actually in your position too atm. Well, a very similar situation.

I dont think i care about her becos as it seems even if i do know the reason it just helps her get it off her chest and know tt i am affected. But the only reason why i wanna know is becos..maybe for self-improvement or curiousity's sakes? Then again i know that i will be very affected if she is mean about it or i will know she's lying if she says o nothing is wrong (which is probably why she will say cos i asked a gd friend of hers and she said tt girl didnt say anything).

im hoping to know why shes angry thru others but my friends who are not in the same uni as i am said spreading this doesnt help.

will u be asking then?
Original post by move1

Original post by move1
I dont think i care about her becos as it seems even if i do know the reason it just helps her get it off her chest and know tt i am affected. But the only reason why i wanna know is becos..maybe for self-improvement or curiousity's sakes? Then again i know that i will be very affected if she is mean about it or i will know she's lying if she says o nothing is wrong (which is probably why she will say cos i asked a gd friend of hers and she said tt girl didnt say anything).

im hoping to know why shes angry thru others but my friends who are not in the same uni as i am said spreading this doesnt help.

will u be asking then?

I've just been making subtle hints, but not directly asked why she isn't talking to me (or doesn't seem to be). One of my other coursemates told me not to ask straight up, which seems to be a better idea, as I'm gradually getting back to normal with this coursemate/friend and talking more now.
Reply 16
I've just been making subtle hints, but not directly asked why she isn't talking to me (or doesn't seem to be). One of my other coursemates told me not to ask straight up, which seems to be a better idea, as I'm gradually getting back to normal with this coursemate/friend and talking more now.

well guess at least tts cos she's civil about it... takes some maturity to look past differences and i dont think tt girl is ready to do tt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending