The Student Room Group

What are the 'Perfect' A Level Choices?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rahul.S
Economics, Further/Furhter A Maths/Physics, Business, History/English Lit or English Lang

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, take business- its a joke. Apart from that the above are spot on. Although English Lang is a bit of a joke too now I think about it.
Reply 41
Original post by connorbrown
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, take business- its a joke. Apart from that the above are spot on. Although English Lang is a bit of a joke too now I think about it.

business is respected in economics, its one of those i would put at the end of the list but if his considering doing 5-6 subjects...one he shoud definately consider. I would do english lit over english lang, but it varies from students to students. Have u done business in a levels btw? people in my school who want to do economics say business fits in very well.

RIP connorbrown :colone:
Original post by Rahul.S

Original post by Rahul.S
business is respected in economics, its one of those i would put at the end of the list but if his considering doing 5-6 subjects...one he shoud definately consider. I would do english lit over english lang, but it varies from students to students. Have u done business in a levels btw? people in my school who want to do economics say business fits in very well.

It really isn't.
Original post by Rahul.S

Its funny how business is respected in economics, yet the leading economic university in the country specifically lists it under 'non-preferred subjects':
http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/lseEntryRequirements.aspx
Reply 44
Original post by -WhySoSerious?
It really isn't.

it is actually. if his looking to pick 5-6 subjects, then doing business would be a good choice. It will tie in with economics well and business isn't tht hard, so he can get a good grade with less work compared to other subjects.
Reply 45
Its funny how business is respected in economics, yet the leading economic university in the country specifically lists it under 'non-preferred subjects':
http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/lseEntryRequirements.aspx

general studies and critical thinking for sure are nt accepted. obv business isnt compulsory as not most of the people tht do economics hardly do business as they want to open their options in other fields, but economics and business link well and if this kid is going to do 5-6 subjects in a level; business should be considered.

RIP CB :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:
Original post by Rahul.S

Original post by Rahul.S
it is actually. if his looking to pick 5-6 subjects, then doing business would be a good choice. It will tie in with economics well and business isn't tht hard, so he can get a good grade with less work compared to other subjects.

Uhhh, are you at uni? Have you actually been through an application cycle?
Original post by Rahul.S
Economics, Further/Furhter A Maths/Physics, Business, History/English Lit or English Lang

:confused: are you serious? Business AND economics? :rolleyes:

RIP RAHU :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:
Reply 48
Original post by Extricated
:confused: are you serious? Business AND economics? :rolleyes:

RIP RAHU :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:

kmt.....extricated dnt follow wt these noobs have been sayin.....look at the scenario. if this kid wants to do 5 or more subjects....business is nt a hard a level and it ties in with economics well....so he sud tke it.

RIP SHU :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:
Original post by Rahul.S
kmt.....extricated dnt follow wt these noobs have been sayin.....look at the scenario. if this kid wants to do 5 or more subjects....business is nt a hard a level and it ties in with economics well....so he sud tke it.

RIP SHU :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:

come on msn :colone:
Original post by Rahul.S
general studies and critical thinking for sure are nt accepted. obv business isnt compulsory as not most of the people tht do economics hardly do business as they want to open their options in other fields, but economics and business link well and if this kid is going to do 5-6 subjects in a level; business should be considered.

RIP CB :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:

I can't really understand what you are saying but I will assume its a well substantiated argument.
Reply 51
I can't really understand what you are saying but I will assume its a well substantiated argument.

lol u must be a NOOB!

RIP CB
Reply 52
Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History

This will definately be one of the best choices, can't really go wrong :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Hayaten
Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History

This will definately be one of the best choices, can't really go wrong :smile:

*definitely

To think, all that time sitting next to me and you remain this rubbish at English. Poor show.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History I reckon. It won't make too much difference, if you have FM in there and one subject which shows you are good at essays.

I'd agree with this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending