The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You could always tell him the truth. If he's going to get offended anyway...
There's a custom privacy function on facebook where you can stop only certain people (in this case, one certain person :P) from viewing your status updates.
Reply 3
Sounds like a bit of an immature thing for a 30 year old to do.

Just tell him what the problem is.
Reply 4
sounds like the most awkward postion ever. EVER. I dont have answers, but all i can say is that it wont be easy...

7a7a7a...
Reply 5
alharrison4 - sounds like a great idea :biggrin: Although i will suspect he'll notice at some point why he can't see my status's anymore :/

I think telling him the truth might hurt him more than the actual status's, lol
Reply 6
You can exclude people seeing certain statuses. Click the padlock button next to where you update, go to 'Customise' and write his name in, voila! You can also set this to your default, effectively blocking 'Neil' from seeing your updates forever.
Reply 7
Original post by Tommyjw
Sounds like a bit of an immature thing for a 30 year old to do.

Just tell him what the problem is.

Would you care to elaborate as to why you consider my behaviour immature? 30, is not old you know :rolleyes:
Go into your privacy settings, you can block him (without him knowing) from seeing certain aspects of your profiles/updates.
Reply 9
justsmile - thanks for that, i've done it!! :biggrin:
Are you sure you havent accidentally multiplied your age by 6? It can happen.
Reply 11
Original post by ScouseEmma28
Would you care to elaborate as to why you consider my behaviour immature? 30, is not old you know :rolleyes:

Because people my age (18) i know wouldnt just delete someone like that, espcially someone they have to see as often, its a very immature and 'easy-way-out' thing to do. Talking to the guy and generally trying to find a nicer solution would be the more mature thing to do.

The guy may be annoying to you and such, but no need to completely disregard him because of it, other people have feelings too, and just blocking/deleting him will cause unnecessary awkwardness in your house, to me anyway.
Original post by TableChair
Are you sure you havent accidentally multiplied your age by 6? It can happen.

your point is?......
Original post by Tommyjw
Because people my age (18) i know wouldnt just delete someone like that, espcially someone they have to see as often, its a very immature and 'easy-way-out' thing to do. Talking to the guy and generally trying to find a nicer solution would be the more mature thing to do.

The guy may be annoying to you and such, but no need to completely disregard him because of it, other people have feelings too, and just blocking/deleting him will cause unnecessary awkwardness in your house, to me anyway.

Appreciate your honesty - it is however easy for you to say that because you are not in my situation and do not understand what it is like for me to live with him.

I haven't deleted him, i've simply changed the privacy settings now....

I'd also be interested to hear what solution you may have?.......
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by ScouseEmma28
Appreciate your honesty - it is however easy for you to say that because you are not in my situation and do not understand what it is like for me to live with him.

I haven't deleted him, i've simply changed the privacy settings now....

I'd also be interested to hear what solution you may have?.......

I accept that, its always harder to give advice when your not in the situation, so i guess that (:. just from the outside it seems a bit.. wrong.

Well i've already said what i'd doo, just talk to the guy.. tell him whats wrong, hes in his 20's im sure hes mature enough to deal with it. Either way your probably gonna have to talk to him about it if he finds out about you changing your settings :P
wow a house of adults behaving like kids half their age
It depresses me when people behave like this at the age of 20, but 30? What the actual ****? Grow up.
You're thirty? :lolwut:

I'm 20, and this whole situation makes you sound like a 14 year old.

Just be honest, be fair/firm or however you want to put it, and get on with things. Why all the drama?
Are you twelve? :lolwut:

Just tell him you're not interested.
Reply 19
Why on earth do you need to update your status about some guy you're into?

Latest

Trending

Trending