The Student Room Group

Boyfriend has to see ex wife, should I be worried?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by dmz
I know but I doubt they've agreed to this.

well, my point was, it is 100% legal for them to date/have sex

so to answer your original q , "yes it is legal"

but I am also interested in if her parents know (I doubt, I would laugh iif her parents were same age as him lol)
Nah,just relax..if he really loves you,he won't do anything stupid with his ex
Reply 42
Original post by shadow99
I would be worried, ex-sex is the best.

her age seems to be of benefit here.

I mean 17 yr old pussy vs 40 year old?
This is a legal meeting to sort out the divorce settlement, it is likely to be a tense affair involving lawyers. If you care about you bf, get your head out of your arse and be prepared to support him during what will be a stressful time.
Reply 44
Original post by aleathiel
can't be bothered to go through the smilies to see if there is one but...

*confused, disbelief blinking face*

he's old enough to be your dad and he abused his position of trust as your driving instructor, not sure if it falls into the same category of student-teacher inappropriateness but it is innapropriate. If you're gonna be with someone with so much baggage (ex wife) you need to deal with it or find someone your own age!

.....He doesn't have kids your age as well does he? :rolleyes:

Oh stop being so judgmental....I'm 17 not 12....we've both thought this through and the gap doesn't matter. I've always liked older men, age 30+, I don't like guys my age at all, n I think most girls are the same in that they prefer older men. So what if he's in his 40s...you can't help who you fall for. And no he didn't 'abuse his position of trust'....it was a mutual attraction and we got to know each other over a period of a few months. So you can just keep your opinions to yourself. Are you saying you've never fallen for an older man? Plus a lot of older men are gonna be divorced/have kids, its the way life goes dear.

He does have kids, he's got a 19 yr old daughter and a son who's a few years older than her....not met them yet but they know about me and my bf says they were shocked at first but are now ok with it so guess I'll meet them in time....scary tho!

At the end of the day, once you're 16 or over you can date who you want and I go for older men.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by aws
her age seems to be of benefit here.

I mean 17 yr old pussy vs 40 year old?

She's more experienced sexually than me :-( Are you saying there's a chance he'll have 'ex sex' with her one last time? I hope not :-(
Reply 46
Original post by DeputyDog
Oh stop being so judgmental....I'm 17 not 12....we've both thought this through and the gap doesn't matter. I've always liked older men, 3-+, I don't like guys my age at all, n I think most girls are the same in that they prefer older men. So what if he's in his 40s...you can't help who you fall for. And no he didn't 'abuse his position of trust'....it was a mutual attraction and we got to know each other over a period of a few months. So you can just keep your opinions to yourself. Are you saying you've never fallen for an older man? Plus a lot of older men are gonna be divorced/have kids, its the way life goes dear.

He does have kids, he's got a 19 yr old daughter and a son who's a few years older than her....not met them yet but they know about me and my bf says they were shocked at first but are now ok with it so guess I'll meet them in time....scary tho!

At the end of the day, once you're 16 or over you can date who you want and I go for older men.

you both seem to have a fetish of sorts ..
you with the "omg he's all old and mature :h: "

and him with his teen gf
Reply 47
She's more experienced sexually than me :-( Are you saying there's a chance he'll have 'ex sex' with her one last time? I hope not :-(

of course.

never heard of 'bonus night' ? it's where you have sex as a final farewell,.
Reply 48
Original post by aws
she is over 16, so yes. they can even get married (with consent from her parents)

just icky

I know but I doubt they've agreed to this.
Reply 49
Original post by aws

but I am also interested in if her parents know (I doubt, I would laugh iif her parents were same age as him lol)

My mum knows, she was angry with me at first but has finally sort of accepted it cos I'm over 17n nearly 18 and she can see I'm happy, my dad doesn't know cos he doesn't meddle in my business so he only knows I've got a bf but knows nothing of the age and to be honest it's gonna be a while before they meet him anyway so it really doesn't matter. Yeh erm my bf is actually a couple of years older than my dad but as I said the age doesn't mean a thing.
Oh stop being so judgmental....I'm 17 not 12....we've both thought this through and the gap doesn't matter. I've always liked older men, age 30+, I don't like guys my age at all, n I think most girls are the same in that they prefer older men. So what if he's in his 40s...you can't help who you fall for. And no he didn't 'abuse his position of trust'....it was a mutual attraction and we got to know each other over a period of a few months. So you can just keep your opinions to yourself. Are you saying you've never fallen for an older man? Plus a lot of older men are gonna be divorced/have kids, its the way life goes dear.

riiiight I don't buy a word of what you said :rolleyes:

and to answer your question, NO it's never happened
Reply 51
My mum knows, she was angry with me at first but has finally sort of accepted it cos I'm over 17n nearly 18 and she can see I'm happy, my dad doesn't know cos he doesn't meddle in my business so he only knows I've got a bf but knows nothing of the age and to be honest it's gonna be a while before they meet him anyway so it really doesn't matter. Yeh erm my bf is actually a couple of years older than my dad but as I said the age doesn't mean a thing.

you come from a chav family don't you?
Reply 52
Original post by aws

with parental consent. Without, i thought you'd have to be 18. Good chance they are. Lol
Reply 53
I'm 17, bf is in his 40s. I fink his ex wife is about 39 or something, why?

N I DO trust him, just feels weird that he's gonna be with another woman while I'm not there I guess. Been together about 6 weeks now, but known him for over 6 months as he was/is my driving instructor.

Why you going out with a 40 year old :P ... oh and don't you actually know his age... because you said 40's
Reply 54
Original post by dmz
with parental consent. Without, i thought you'd have to be 18. Good chance they are. Lol

re-read.

it is 100% legal for them to date/have sex right now.
Reply 55
this is mega f**k*d up. I can only pray to find someone like you when I'm 40, but in her 20's hopefully.
Reply 56
Original post by ncfcboy
Why you going out with a 40 year old :P ... oh and don't you actually know his age... because you said 40's

He's 46.
Reply 57
Original post by aws
re-read.

it is 100% legal for them to date/have sex right now.

his luck. Perhaps i should consider a career in driving instructor once i retire
Reply 58
Original post by ncfcboy

because he is 46, and sounds worse if you say 46 vs 40's

I mean nearly a 30 year age gap :| who is older than your dad and has kids older than you.

I don't get how OP isn't grossed out
Reply 59
Original post by dmz
his luck. Perhaps i should consider a career in driving instructor once i retire

I did mention before, kudos to him lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending