The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by JH-QC
Sorry to hear that! Mine is probably on its way.. When did you send your app off?

My application was sent off on 22/10/10 and I got my rejection yesterday, I was quite disappointed though not suprised as Warwick was an ambitious choice. Good luck with your application :smile:
Original post by DM17
Sorry to hear about your rejection, when did you apply/find out about it?

Are international students and people doing IB hearing first for some unis?

i only heard from Warwick..that's all :frown:
Original post by knb3
Yes, a few of my friends and I have offers from Bristol...and I know a couple of people with offers for Warwick.

Hey, are you a domestic student?

If so, do you mind if I ask what your GCSEs, AS' and A2 predictions are?

Just nervous because I applied to Bristol :tongue:.
Original post by aarora
Got a rejection from Warwick :colondollar:

Sorry to hear that!

May I ask what your predictions and academics are like? I've applied to Warwick and it was sent on the 2nd of November and I haven't even had an acknowledgement yet! :frown:
Reply 664
Original post by aarora
Got a rejection from Warwick :colondollar:

Sorry to hear about that.

I also got a rejection too.

What were your GCSE grades?

And you AS grades and Subjects?

If you don't mind me asking?

:smile:
Reply 665
I am also getting nervous about Warwick. I got 40 IB predicted, but I kind of..choose the wrong course ( with year abroad in English instead of just Law). When does Warwick ussually send offers?

Also I got an offers from Kent:

Course: Law with Spanish
Offer: 33 IB points in general, or 17 at Higher

Also:
I got a rejection from Cambridge, and LSE ( in feedback they said that my PS did not demonstrate interest in subject).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by maka9
Hi there :smile:
Thanks!
Here is the breakdown:
HL: Physics, English, Economics
SL: Maths, History, French
Predicted: 45

Hope that helps :smile:

Predicted 45, oh my lord. Thats the highest prediction iv'e heard of, no wonder they want you, good luck.
Hi,
I sent off my application on 22nd November to the following universities:
University of Warwick
Kings College, University of London (LNAT)
University of Birmingham (LNAT)
University of Sussex
University of East Anglia

Received an offer from Birmingham (AAA) on the 6th December :smile:

Has anyone heard from Kings College yet?
Reply 668
Original post by zeynabjackson

Original post by zeynabjackson
Hi,
I sent off my application on 22nd November to the following universities:
University of Warwick
Kings College, University of London (LNAT)
University of Birmingham (LNAT)
University of Sussex
University of East Anglia

Received an offer from Birmingham (AAA) on the 6th December :smile:

Has anyone heard from Kings College yet?

Nobody will hear from King's til at least January, but they are notorious for handing out late replies so expect to hear around Feb/ March
Reply 669
Original post by JH-QC
Nobody will hear from King's til at least January, but they are notorious for handing out late replies so expect to hear around Feb/ March

Actually my friend's heard from kings but she was unsuccessful and is predicted A*A*A they told her its because she didn't get a B in the extra AS subject they need. she sent her application off 4 weeks ago.
Reply 670
Original post by calannra
Birmingham took a month and a half to reject me :tongue:

You should feel special! they took 8 days to reject me so at least they looked at your application :s-smilie: sooo yeh fun times :colondollar: I really wanted to go there but suprisingly i'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be, but any news is good news for me atm because I can't stand waiting!!
SOOOOOO 1 down 4 to go :banghead:
Reply 671
Original post by melis10
You should feel special! they took 8 days to reject me so at least they looked at your application :s-smilie: sooo yeh fun times :colondollar: I really wanted to go there but suprisingly i'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be, but any news is good news for me atm because I can't stand waiting!!
SOOOOOO 1 down 4 to go :banghead:

sorry to hear that you got rejected, but I am also kinda glad I am not the only one to be rejected! my LNAT was too bad, they told me I got 10/42. Ouch. What are your other choices?
Reply 672

sorry to hear that you got rejected, but I am also kinda glad I am not the only one to be rejected! my LNAT was too bad, they told me I got 10/42. Ouch. What are your other choices?

Surrey, Essex, Oxford Brookes and Birmingham City :smile:.. Not really prestigious but I desperately want to study Law :biggrin: what about you where have you applied?
I have a horrible feeling my LNAT was awful but I haven't got feedback from Birmingham yet, and I only changed back to them at the last minute because I thought I didn't stand a chance before! I should have listened to myself :angry: oh well!
Reply 673
Original post by waza_11
Sorry to hear about that.

I also got a rejection too.

What were your GCSE grades?

And you AS grades and Subjects?

If you don't mind me asking?

My GCSE's aren't all that I just got A's B's and C's and my A level subjects are English Language & Literature, Government & Politics and Sociology and I was predicted A* A B
Reply 674
Original post by willtang3000
Sorry to hear that!

May I ask what your predictions and academics are like? I've applied to Warwick and it was sent on the 2nd of November and I haven't even had an acknowledgement yet! :frown:

Don't worry Warwick take pretty long to reply! My predections were A* A B, obviously not good enough for Warwick but I wasn't surprised they rejected me, good luck with your application. :smile:
Reply 675
Original post by melis10
Surrey, Essex, Oxford Brookes and Birmingham City :smile:.. Not really prestigious but I desperately want to study Law :biggrin: what about you where have you applied?
I have a horrible feeling my LNAT was awful but I haven't got feedback from Birmingham yet, and I only changed back to them at the last minute because I thought I didn't stand a chance before! I should have listened to myself :angry: oh well!

Reading (going there next year!), Keele, Hull and UEA. I'm happy I didn't choose another LNAT Uni, I was tempted to put Nottingham of Durham down, good thing I didnt! :wink:

Don't worry about it, whats done is done. I probs shouldn't of been cocky and assumed I would achieve around mid-marks in the LNAT as I did last year :tongue:

Good luck with your other choices :smile:
Reply 676
Original post by Cast.Iron

Original post by Cast.Iron
Hey, are you a domestic student?

If so, do you mind if I ask what your GCSEs, AS' and A2 predictions are?

Just nervous because I applied to Bristol :tongue:.

Hey! Sorry, I'm an Intl. student...

My GCSEs:
5 A*s, 2 As, 2Bs,

I do IB:
Predicted 40 points

The A-Level equivalent is 5 As !

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by knb3
Hey! Sorry, I'm an Intl. student...

My GCSEs:
5 A*s, 2 As, 2Bs,

I do IB:
Predicted 40 points

The A-Level equivalent is 5 As !

Damn it, don't do that to me :tongue:!
Original post by aarora
Don't worry Warwick take pretty long to reply! My predections were A* A B, obviously not good enough for Warwick but I wasn't surprised they rejected me, good luck with your application. :smile:

My predictions are also A*AB so I'm getting on the edge now. I'm giving them a call just to double check they have my application anyway as I'm slightly paranoid about not receiving atleast an acknowledgement yet :redface:.

Thanks again! :smile:
Reply 679
Has Anyone Got Any Offers From Queen Mary Yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending