The Student Room Group

Should i tell her...

when i met my gf she was very petite, but very conscious of her weight but i always reassured her weight and appearance doesn't bother me as long as the trust remains. HOW WRONG WAS I! we've been dating for 2 years now but spent the last 8 months or so apart after she changed course at uni, however shes put on about 5 stones and the sex life has become non existent, its barely possible just through the logistics of it all .... i try, but there's no change its almost become a chore. getting to the flower garden is almost impossible and i have to make excuses for why, thanks to a crude joke involving my penis and her appetite ruled out alot of other options ... its getting harder and herder to even get turned on i even half managed to convince myself the tool wasn't working!! (although jerking off ridiculously assured me its all fine :smile:)

should i tell her this is becoming a real problem or do you think she would already have realized everything isn't sound??
Reply 1
don't tell her she will only get upset and that's not fair and it will ruin your trust great trust you have together and that is special

at least she can still suck you off
Reply 2
Tell her, she'll thank you for it later.
Umm. Finish it with her. Telling her would be pretty hard, I'm sure she must know she's fat.
Reply 4
i think it may be the right option to tell her, yes you may hurt her feelings but she doesnt need to be led on or lied to, it can go two ways, she might not want to stay with you or she might try to loose some weight but you have to be prepared that you may loose her
Reply 5
Original post by b16boy
when i met my gf she was very petite, but very conscious of her weight but i always reassured her weight and appearance doesn't bother me as long as the trust remains. HOW WRONG WAS I! we've been dating for 2 years now but spent the last 8 months or so apart after she changed course at uni, however shes put on about 5 stones and the sex life has become non existent, its barely possible just through the logistics of it all .... i try, but there's no change its almost become a chore. getting to the flower garden is almost impossible and i have to make excuses for why, thanks to a crude joke involving my penis and her appetite ruled out alot of other options ... its getting harder and herder to even get turned on i even half managed to convince myself the tool wasn't working!! (although jerking off ridiculously assured me its all fine :smile:)

should i tell her this is becoming a real problem or do you think she would already have realized everything isn't sound??

This sentence is why i'm thankful that i'm a gay man. :facepalm:
Reply 6
she must know and probably is self conscious, saying something will only make things worse and may even drive her to comfort eating
Reply 7
You need to think about your own happiness too. Yeah, telling her is going to be hard but at the end of the day, she did this to herself and you're having to suffer as a consequence. If you love the girl, stick by her and help her lose the weight etc, if not - cut your losses and find someone who can give you what you need.
Reply 8
Original post by grth
This sentence is why i'm thankful that i'm a gay man. :facepalm:

... gay people dont get fat :|
Reply 9
Original post by b16boy
... gay people dont get fat :|

I wasn't referring to that. But for the fact that no-one can ever disrespect my body like that by referring to my 'flower garden'. I think i'd vomit if someone said that to me :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending