The Student Room Group

A2 economic help needed!

'disscuss to what extent the deregulation of transport markets has been a success' (20marks)

I understand deregulation means there would be less barriers and makes markets more contestable to entry but apart from that what other things do i need to include?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
Try putting in whether it has been a success or not. Y'know, answering the question.
Reply 3
whether or not it has been a success in transport market
if yes, whether or not the success necessarily comes from the deregulation and afterwards what contributes the success.

e.g. the low-cost airways certainly are beneficial from low barriers for entering the industry. but the success, in my view, is mainly due to the improvement of technology including tele-communication and management. therefore the deregulation in this industry is helpful but not crucial.
Original post by supastah
'disscuss to what extent the deregulation of transport markets has been a success' (20marks)

I understand deregulation means there would be less barriers and makes markets more contestable to entry but apart from that what other things do i need to include?

Perhaps try to figure out whether or not the market structure has changed, or if it's worked better in some areas of transport but not others; has it benefited the consumer or have inefficiency or high prices remained an issue?

Maybe take a look at the railway/bus markets, and think about what a natural monopoly is to question the importance of deregulation here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending