The Student Room Group

People laughing behind my back

In lot's of places, where you go up to some customer service person for years now, I've had this problem.
I'm the type to go and chat, so here's my last example which was playing on my mind:

I have gotten to know the slightly higher up girl from cashier at morrisons, and she always says hi to me and she does small chat sometimes, like I'm always the one to say something is meant to be on offer on the label but it isn't going through.

Then the next time i go in I ask someone else because it's happened again and she sees me and i say, i'm after the savings again haha, and she says "I know you are, nothing wrong with saving"

So another day, it was terrential rain, I came in the shop wet through and I saw her again manning the self service kiosk, so I just mention, "i've just walked 3 miles in the rain"
She asks "why"
And I say "I had to get off a stop early because the conductor was there and my ticket was only to ***** and I didn't want to pay haha!
And she laughed with me and said "What are you like"
And when I was doing my card number in the machine I looked around to see her laughing subtlely at the till assisstant, I wasn't happy and the till assistant looked at me with a sorry look, like a sympathy look.

Now what I'm trying to figure out is, am I bad? Is that why? or are they bad?
Or is it just something they find innocently funny, like how we laugh at Karl Pilkington,
But if it was like laughing at him, if he was in that supermarket wouldn't they be laughing with him?
I went in today and she was still helpfull so what do I do? Just ignore her or smile, I can't help thinking fake, but I know she's friendly with old people and stuff.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Take a photo of your face and glue it to the back of your head.
Reply 2
You could man up and look for girls somewhere else?

Who cares what people think, your the one going somewhere, shes a cashier.
I've seen this exact same thread before :colonhash:
Reply 4
:giggle:

*OP turns around*

:colondollar:
Original post by Pheylan
:rofl:

Who's that girl in your sig? She's hot and has an amazing arse :redface:
Reply 6
post a pic so we can see if there's something wrong with your head
Reply 7
you've posted this exact same thread before ... get over it already !
Original post by CHEETS

But my question is different, should i treat these types as friends, I mean for when I start my new job and happens again?
Original post by Flyingaround

Then the next time i go in I ask someone else because it's happened again and she sees me and i say, i'm after the savings again haha, and she says "I know you are, nothing wrong with saving"

Hoho, those supermarket moments, what are they like!?
Reply 10
You should make a fb group for the situation you found yourself in "the awkward moment when a person at the supermarket laughs at you cos you think she's laughing at you cos you're a paranoid maniac" :smile:
Original post by moh2009
You should make a fb group for the situation you found yourself in "the awkward moment when a person at the supermarket laughs at you cos you think she's laughing at you cos you're a paranoid maniac" :smile:

LOL! I've already created it :smile:
Reply 12
That's two minutes of my life I'm not getting back again.

Man up.
Sounds like the issue is that you put an awkward laugh on the end of every utterance you make, despite them not being remotely funny.
Original post by rosee92
That's two minutes of my life I'm not getting back again.

Man up.

it's not about manning up, it's about not turning round and hating them, it's about me trying to understand that its not a bad thing
Reply 15
To be fair, walking 3 miles in torrential rain is hilarious and I would also laugh when you turned around.
Original post by ShakeyJJ
To be fair, walking 3 miles in torrential rain is hilarious and I would also laugh when you turned around.

But why not laugh with me :smile:
anyone with a decent understanding?
Original post by CHEETS

Did you reply to it?
Reply 19
Why not laugh with you? Would be rude.

Simply put, we enjoy others misfortune, but we don't go up to them and laugh in their face, that is tactless. It's simple paranoia, she was having a laugh with someone as anyone else would, get over it and move on.

Latest

Trending

Trending