The Student Room Group

ARGENTINA formally recognises Palestinian State - Israel claims it is "regrettable"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Inzamam99
Yes we know. Good justification- they take part in thuggery and murder so it's fine if we do as well :borat:

Not a justification, just testing your consistency when you talk about "genocide".
Reply 41
Your support of illegal settlements makes your viewpoint biased and irrelevant.

I don't support them.

The fact that you attribute to me opinions which are not mine makes your viewpoint biased and irrelevant.

Besides, your reasoning is flawed. Arguments are either right or wrong, regardless of who says them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by borismor
Not a justification, just testing your consistency when you talk about "genocide".

I have never said anything about Israeli genocide except in the context of a debate in regards to the Sabra and Shatila massacres. Maybe you should think before pulling bull**** out of thin air.
Reply 43
I have never said anything about Israeli genocide except in the context of a debate in regards to the Sabra and Shatila massacres.

DJkG.1 did, and my reply regarding Palestinians killed by Arabs was to him.

Since you barged in, I assumed you agree with him.
Reply 44
When you say these things, are you aware of the numbers of Palestinians that got killed in Jordan, Lebanon and Gaza at the hands of Arabs and Palestinians?

When you complain about terrorism from Palestinians against Jews, are you aware of the numbers of Jews that were killed at the hands of the Nazis in Germany in the 1930s?

See - that argument doesn't really work. :rolleyes:

Pointing to some other cause of trouble is no deflection from your own evil-doings. Especially when Israel would like to hold itself out as a first-world, advanced, democratic and fair nation when all it actually is is a pariah rogue entity which just about manages to get away with apartheid and genocide in the 21st century due to the monopoly its supporters have over the media and the governments of the most powerful nations on Earth.

Undoubtedly history will look back unkindly on global apathy towards the plight of Palestinians suffering Israeli apartheid.
Reply 45
Original post by DJkG.1
When you complain about terrorism from Palestinians against Jews, are you aware of the numbers of Jews that were killed at the hands of the Nazis in Germany in the 1930s?

Yes, which is why I'd never call the Palestinians Nazi's.

See - that argument doesn't really work. :rolleyes:

It actually does, if you know how to apply it.

Pointing to some other cause of trouble is no deflection from your own evil-doings.

I was merely testing the your consistency, not deflecting the blame.

Especially when Israel would like to hold itself out as a first-world, advanced, democratic and fair nation when all it actually is is a pariah rogue entity which just about manages to get away with apartheid and genocide in the 21st century due to the monopoly its supporters have over the media and the governments of the most powerful nations on Earth.

You mean Jews.

Undoubtedly history will look back unkindly on global apathy towards the plight of Palestinians suffering Israeli apartheid.

I doubt, hence not undoubtedly.
Reply 46
Yes, which is why I'd never call the Palestinians Nazi's.

No, just any other label to justify demeaning them all to below dignified human standards.

I was merely testing the your consistency, not deflecting the blame.

Whatever. I don't even know what you mean.

You mean Jews.

Utter rubbish.

I do not mean Jews at all. I mean zionists, you know - those Jews, Christians, atheists, Hindus and even Muslims who support the genocidal "State of Israel".

You know, all those Congressmen in America who are evangelical Christians and sing and dance to Israel's tunes all day. All those media tycoons who support Israel without thinking twice about objectivity because they know where their pay-cheques come from, and all those big arms companies who know which country to support for lots of profitable war!!!

I definitely do not mean Jews, and by that off-colour remark you are tarring all Jews as zionists where many noble and righteous Jews would never want to be associated with such a filthy concept of the last 100 years.

Remember, real Jews oppose zionists and support Palestinian rights over Palestine:

I doubt, hence not undoubtedly.

1) You are not looking back at history, as it is currently occurring.
2) You are not objective - and never will be.
Reply 47
Original post by DJkG.1
No, just any other label to justify demeaning them

Did I ever call them any names?

Whatever. I don't even know what you mean.

I mean you wouldn't call similar act done by Arabs "Genocide".

Remember, real Jews oppose zionists and support Palestinian rights over Palestine:

Yes, yes, there are only about a dozen real Jews in the world. The rest are fake Jews.

I call this argument "the reversed Scotsman".

1) You are not looking back at history, as it is currently occurring.

Are you?

2) You are not objective - and never will be.

Are you objective?
Original post by DJkG.1

"Look, real Jews aren't Zionists because I can post pictures of some Jewish anti-Zionists!"

I'm not going to respond to your other post because it would be the hundredth time I've done so on this forum, trying to explain to you that your defenitions of 'apartheid' and 'genocide' do not fit Israel at all. I hoped you'd maybe have the intelligence to search the dictionary defentition of these things - most prevelant in the Arab world - before you picked only one country (out of sheer luck, right) to smear.

It's funny how you single out Jews as the only group to which you can divide them based on an overseas conflict. When you meet Jews, do you first ask them the opinion of a conflict thousands of miles away before you decide whether they are 'real' or not? Can I call you a fake Muslim because you used to have an Indian flag and not a Pakistani flag in your postbit, therefore you are some sort of pig who supports the caste system in India? Of course not, that would be silly. It seems like a standard that is only applied to Jews.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by DJkG.1

This is utter rubbish and you know it. Real Jews? What does that even mean?

True Muslims support Israel!!!!!! You're not a Muslim because you support Palestine.
Reply 50
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
This is utter rubbish and you know it. Real Jews? What does that even mean?

True Muslims support Israel!!!!!! You're not a Muslim because you support Palestine.

Point conceded. I was unclear - obviously I didn't mean it as such. I have previously argued that there is no such 'real' Muslim and the same naturally applies to Jews / Christians and so on.

It was a direct quotation from the posters the Rabbis in my images were holding. I was making the point (ambiguously) that those who support Israel are not exclusively Jews, and not all Jews support Israel - which I think I made successfully, though not worded quite right as it raises another (theological) issue I didn't intend to raise.
Reply 51
Original post by DJkG.1
Point conceded. I was unclear - obviously I didn't mean it as such. I have previously argued that there is no such 'real' Muslim and the same naturally applies to Jews / Christians and so on.

It was a direct quotation from the posters the Rabbis in my images were holding. I was making the point (ambiguously) that those who support Israel are not exclusively Jews, and not all Jews support Israel - which I think I made successfully, though not worded quite right as it raises another (theological) issue I didn't intend to raise.

Look, perhaps you didn't mean it that way, I really don't know.

But honestly, when I see this:

Especially when Israel would like to hold itself out as a first-world, advanced, democratic and fair nation when all it actually is is a pariah rogue entity which just about manages to get away with apartheid and genocide in the 21st century due to the monopoly its supporters have over the media and the governments of the most powerful nations on Earth.

I just see the word Jews.

I can't help it, maybe it has something to do with the fact that there were about a millions posts on TSR saying the exact same things about Jews.

Anyway, regarding the media - the media is absolutely swamped with information about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. It's on the news every single day, and most of the time Israel is portrayed in an unfavorable manner.

Therefore I really can't figure out how come the supporters of Israel are the same ones who control the media, like you say. These guys are doing a really lousy job, if that's true.
(edited 13 years ago)
Do people ever look at this from Israels point of view?

- Jews (synonymous with Israel) have been treated terribly throughout history and this is true way, way before the holocaust too.

- It's no secret that Muslims generally dislike Jews. Now consider that Israel is surrounded by predominantly Muslim countries including a Muslim "country" it is involved in a conflict with.

- Judaism came way before Islam. This is important because Palestine or pro Palestine people often try to discredit Israel and pass it off as a rogue illegitimate terrorist state (lol) when Judaism has links to "Eretz Yisrael" (The Land of Israel; basically that whole bunch of land) that predate Islam so how can they deny that it is their original homeland?

- The people most indigenous to that area were Canaanites and Philistines. Palestinians will claim that they originated from the Philistines but this is untrue. Philistines were known as "Sea People" who came from in and around Greece and were seen as the biggest enemy of the Israelites. Emperor Hadrian didn't want Israel/Judah to exist at all after claims for independence so he replaces their names with "Palæstina" as it reminded Jews of their ancient enemies the Philistines.

"Some members say that both Arabs and Jews/Israelis are descended from Canaanites, which is partly true. The Arab claims to this are untrue as Arabs have their origins on the Arabic Peninsular with two distinct groups speaking Old South Arabic, which originated around Yemen and Old North Arabic, who were mainly Bedouins. However, both are Semitic peoples with origins in different parts of the Middle East (link: Ancient Semitic Peoples )" In fact "Palestinians" are more linked to Jordan which in itself is a relatively new state or w/e.

The Israelis/Jews have their origins around the lands which the Canaanites inhabited and Hebrew is a language derived from the Canaanite language. The Israelites were these ancient peoples which "borrowed" heavily from the Canaanites as claimed here: http://www.bib-arch.org/e-features/canaanites-and-philistines.asp

http://www.imninalu.net/myths-Arabs.htm
http://www.imninalu.net/myths-pals.htm

Now notes that Jews have been repeatedly dispersed throughout Europe leaving them without a recognized homeland while mostly Arabs invaders occupied what was The land of Israel. So while the Jews were being forced out of their homes and tossed around invaders were making themselves comfortable in what was the Jews homeland. And you call Israel the squatters?

It's sad that a group of people who have been treated with such profound disdain throughout history are labeled as rogue terrorists for reclaiming the land they were originally forced out of and for coming down hard on a bunch of hostile invaders that have no actual claim to the territory.

Don't get me wrong Israel is not innocent, far from it but neither is Palestine. The whole conflict originates from a long standing conflict between Arabs & Israelis and it seems incredibly unfair that the world is almost unanimously siding with one state (the one with the least credibility, history or relevant origin).

(Feel free to neg this. Negative rep means nothing on this forum especially when it comes to this particular topic; I don't care, go wild.)
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow

That's all very nice, but South America doesn't have that much political clout so I don't think there will be celebratory parties in Gaza this weekend. It's a start, though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending