The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by anradu
UCL, Cambridge, Warwick, LSE and Bristol. I'm slightly shocked and disappointed - I wasn't expecting rejections from both UCL and Warwick. I guess it happens. Hopefully I'll receive some feedback from Warwick and LSE. UCL on the otherhand wrote: Regretfully, your academic record to date does not warrant further consideration" :frown:
Yourself?

What are your grades?
GCSE and AS Levels
Original post by anradu
UCL, Cambridge, Warwick, LSE and Bristol. I'm slightly shocked and disappointed - I wasn't expecting rejections from both UCL and Warwick. I guess it happens. Hopefully I'll receive some feedback from Warwick and LSE. UCL on the otherhand wrote: Regretfully, your academic record to date does not warrant further consideration" :frown:
Yourself?

OMG !! I applied to exactly the same places !! :eek:

Got Oxford and LSE rejections and an unconditional from Bristol. Waiting for UCL's rejection now !! :frown:
Are you an international or a Brit student ?

EDIT: Sorry. Applied to Oxford instead of your Cambridge! :-/
(edited 13 years ago)
Got a CONDITIONAL OFFER FROM UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON for BSC ECONOMICS !!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And tomorrow--9th is my birthday as well!! Best Birthday gift ever!! :biggrin:
Reply 443
Original post by shubham_ag
OMG !! I applied to exactly the same places !! :eek:

Got Oxford and LSE rejections and an unconditional from Bristol. Waiting for UCL's rejection now !! :frown:
Are you an international or a Brit student ?

EDIT: Sorry. Applied to Oxford instead of your Cambridge! :-/

I'm British...ARGH I'm pulling out my hair.
I'm started to plan my gap year. After four rejections I just do not expect any offers from Bristol.
Unconditional from Bristol? Congratulations. How I envy you right now.
What were your grades?
I didn't like Warwick particularly - but preferred it much more compared to Manchester/York/etc.
I love cities - so Bristol would be nice. London would have been a dream especially UCL and LSE.
Reply 444
Original post by SPMS
What are your grades?
GCSE and AS Levels

5A* and 5A's at GCSE
3A* and 1A at A-Level
Reply 445
Don't suppose anyone knows when I'll hear from Warwick? After having 2 rejections from UCL and Oxford, I'm starting to get worried!
Original post by anradu
I'm started to plan my gap year. After four rejections I just do not expect any offers from Bristol.
What were your grades?
I didn't like Warwick particularly - but preferred it much more compared to Manchester/York/etc.
I love cities - so Bristol would be nice. London would have been a dream especially UCL and LSE.

Don't worry. You''ll definitely get one from Bristol!! :smile:
Wish there was some way to transfer offers. I'd give you mine then coz I got one from UCL !! :biggrin:
Southampton University
Economics
AAB
:smile:
Reply 448
University of Nottingham
Economics
AB
:smile:
Reply 449
Original post by anradu
What were your grades?

Seems very unfair that they all rejected you but 5 A*AA unis? A little too confident there?
Original post by Speckle
Seems very unfair that they all rejected you but 5 A*AA unis? A little too confident there?

The guy got freaking 3 A* and 1 A at A level, you wouldn't have thought rejections were possible!
Reply 451
Original post by ITrocks
Just got an offer from UCL

A* in Maths
A in Economics
A in Chem or Bio

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW OIUPOI*&U)@(*&)(*@^#)(^*$^%#87^$%

what were your gcses/AS/predicted grades like?

thanks hoping to apply next year
ive applied to :
warwick
bath
bristol
leeds
surrey

to study Economics L100

i got 5As at AS
and gcse: 3A* 5A 4B 2C

im really worried about reply from warwick..was i aiming too highh :s-smilie:
Original post by Glen_Nichols
The guy got freaking 3 A* and 1 A at A level, you wouldn't have thought rejections were possible!

Well, entry to two are like winning the lottery. The other 3 would either be bad luck due to good competition, or a poor personal statement, or poor UMS scores which made 3 A* predictions seem too optimistic. It happens a lot unfortunately.

Original post by dhartipatel

im really worried about reply from warwick..was i aiming too highh :s-smilie:

Nope, assuming you were predicted at least one A*. You have other reasonable options in there.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 454
Original post by Badrkahandaman
Economics
Bath
A*AA (inc. Econ and Maths) :mad:

SNAP! I got exactly the same offer just somehow yours came soo early!:eek:
I think you want the A* in Maths??
Reply 455
Original post by samprop
Course: Economics
University: London School of Economics
Offer: A*AA (A* in Mathematics)
:biggrin:

can i ask what your GCSEs AS's and predicted grades were like?
Original post by Chelle-belle

Nope, assuming you were predicted at least one A*. You have other reasonable options in there.

thanks, im predicted A*AAA and i do maths economics computing and biology..its just because my gcses werent soo great
Reply 457
Original post by anradu
Yourself?

Ah fair enough. I applied to LSE, Warwick, Nottingham, Southampton and Cardiff.
Offers from Cardiff and Southampton. No rejections as of yet.
Original post by dhartipatel
thanks, im predicted A*AAA and i do maths economics computing and biology..its just because my gcses werent soo great

Ah. Interesting third and fourth subjects; might affect your application a bit, but if your A* was in Maths you should be a little relieved :smile:
Original post by Chelle-belle
Ah. Interesting third and fourth subjects; might affect your application a bit, but if your A* was in Maths you should be a little relieved :smile:

well yep it was in maths and :s-smilie: if not warwick then hopefully bath and leeds :biggrin: i just dont wanna be rejected by all of them..that would be horrible

Latest

Trending

Trending