The Student Room Group

single people - do you think you will still be single this time next year?

hi folk

for those of you who are single, over 18, averagely attractive and fairly normal, do you think you will still be single this time next year? the year after?

im attractive but very very [picky and for religious reasons, i dont see the point in dating a guy i wouldnt marry. so as a result, i have very few boyfr's and alot of first dates that go nowhere. ive only had one good bf in the last 7 years (we were together 1 year) and have been single since we broke up 18 mos ago. i expect to date about 6-8 new guys this year, but expect to still be single this time next year since i like very few dudes.

what about you and why? also, state if you are a guy or a femme
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think I probably will be... I'm not really that into relationships and would like to focus on my career (hahahaha) for a bit.

EDIT: I'd genuinely love to know why I got a thumbs down for this...

YOU GUYS ARE SO FUNNY
(edited 13 years ago)
I might be.

Again, I'm too picky, but as you say, I'm also looking for a wife... See what happens really. Worst case scenario is that I'm still single in a years time having dated no one, but honestly, that's not really a problem.
The future is completely unpredictable, I would like to be in a relationship,yes. But who knows I could die in like 10 minutes.

EDIT - I didn't die lol
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
I've never had a shortage of guys who wanted to be boyfriends - a lot of guy mates don't understand 'just' mates :s However, I've never had a relationship beyond three months.. easily bored + I love to meet new people so my social group (and therefore dates) changes all the time.

Maybe I'll settle down later but I can't see it happening anytime in the near future (:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by mikeyd85
I might be.

Again, I'm too picky, but as you say, I'm also looking for a wife... See what happens really. Worst case scenario is that I'm still single in a years time having dated no one, but honestly, that's not really a problem.

wow thats great, now i dont feel so bad!

tbh i only meet one person every say 3 years that i REALLY like. apart from that its the peer pressure of mates saying 'omg youve been single for ages, just date him, nobodys perfect, your too picky' that makes me date loadsa dudes.

really you only need to find one good one to make your spouse. i dont get people who go from one relationship to another. do they just fall in love really easily or something? are they desperate or not very selective? or very insecure hat they cant stand to be single?
Reply 6
Yes, because I'm a douche.
yes.

(edited 13 years ago)
I don't know. A lot is changing in the next twelve months. All being well, I'll be living on the other side of the country for a start lol. :smile:

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if I was though...
Reply 9
I more than likely will be, based on the last 3 years. Also... OP, what happens if you miss your quota of 6-8 guys? Does that mean you have to make it up by however many you miss out on in 2012?
Reply 10
yes. always the same on christmas and new year´s eve.
I honestly didn't think I would be single this christmas. I wasn't last christmas. But what can ya do eh.

Erm, in terms of next christmas, I'd love to be back in a long term relationship with marriage in mind somewhere along the line. I'm not going to have more than a handful of partners in my life, I'd rather be alone than with someone who isn't perfect for me. Just the way I am.
**** knows :nothing:. I've been single for nearly 3 years now, I really don't know what could change now :dontknow:. I can't be bothered getting upset or thinking about this **** I can't control, so I'll just forget about it for now, and it'll happen when it happens.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Who knows, I have wanted a 'casual' spell for about a year now and went through a brief one month period of wanting a relationship but decided that I enjoyed my casual love-life more. A year from today I will have been in uni for 2 months so whether I'll really find someone in that 2 months that I gel with well is unlikely, but it's a nice thought I suppose!
Reply 14
Hopefully Not...
Reply 15
I'm 21 and have been single all my life, I don't see that changing in the next year, even maybe the next two or three.
Original post by failingatm
Yes, because I'm a douche.

LOL @your sig!

Bus w@nkers all the way.
Reply 17
Original post by ChrisBan
I more than likely will be, based on the last 3 years. Also... OP, what happens if you miss your quota of 6-8 guys? Does that mean you have to make it up by however many you miss out on in 2012?

no man thats the average number of dudes i date a year excluding extreme losers and dudes over 50 or under 25
Reply 18
Original post by S.L
I'm 21 and have been single all my life, I don't see that changing in the next year, even maybe the next two or three.

why???
Unless something in my life dramatically changes, probably. I'm not really too fussed at the moment, to be honest; I'm asexual and, whilst not aromantic and I would like a romantic relationship one day, I'll probably fare better at finding someone else not so fussed about the physical side (I'm not opposed to it, don't find it disgusting or anything like that, just don't have the drive myself ... which a lot of people my own age can't get to grips with) when the dating prospects are wider.

Quick Reply