The Student Room Group

Non-smokers: would you date someone who smokes?

Discuss. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

No. I would not.
No
Reply 3
YES. love me some yellow teeth and stinking breath.
No. Maybe if he was giving up though.
Yep, I've never been a smoker, but my current boyfirend (of 3+ years) smokes. It doesn't really bother me as long as he doesn't smoke in my room :smile:
No
Reply 7
Original post by wanderlust.xx
No. I would not.

What if you liked them a lot and only discovered they smoked later on?
*sits and waits for the hordes of militant anti-smokers to come along*

They post on the smoking threads and it irritates the hell out of me... so here I am. Swings and roundabouts :h:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Discuss. :smile:

Yeah, his choice. I wouldn't base my decision on someone's whole personality on whether they smoke or not. :lolwut:
My long term girlfriend smokes. It's her choice whether she does or not and I don't find it that much of a problem :smile:
Definately No.
Original post by .Ali.
Yeah, his choice. I wouldn't base my decision on someone's whole personality on whether they smoke or not. :lolwut:

A reasonable and rational comment from YOU!!

Who would have thought...
No.
Reply 14
Also: to the people saying yes, have you lived with someone that has smoked in the past(like a family member)?
Reply 15
Original post by spazman21
A reasonable and rational comment from YOU!!

Who would have thought...

LOL erm thanks? :tongue:
Nope
Reply 17
Woah, can't believe people actually care... I'm dating a smoker at the moment and it doesn't bother me at all. My mum smokes but tbh I'm just pretty chilled and think there are far worse dealbreakers than whether a guy smokes or not :lolwut:
I have done. Not really an issue for me.
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
Also: to the people saying yes, have you lived with someone that has smoked in the past(like a family member)?

No I haven't, but my friends smoke and my ex smoked. It's never bothered me, as long as they're not doing it right in my face lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending