The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EcstaticMuse
And after some signature-stalking, I see you also have an interview at Cambridge! That's amazing.

Hehe, thanks, I'm almost a total nervous wreck at the moment...

Scandinavian Studies eh? Thats pretty unique, may I ask why? And is UCL your first choice?

Original post by tillytots
Tell us how it goes( and who interviews you? I've only met a couple of them at open day but they all seem pretty scary)! Literally only got an acknowledgement so far, I doubt I'll even get an interview as it's pretty competitive and my grades only just meet the requirements.

I will, I will. I'm not sure of all the details but once I confirm I think they'll send me it all.

It took a while for the invite to come after the acknowledgement so I wouldn't worry too much!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
International Student with offer from UCL for Natural Sciences (MSci) FGC0
Conditional Offer : AAA (any three from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths)
Reply 1662
Congrats, i'll send off my application today. :smile:
Original post by calleenal
Hehe, thanks, I'm almost a total nervous wreck at the moment...

Scandinavian Studies eh? Thats pretty unique, may I ask why? And is UCL your first choice?

Oh, I'm sure you'll do great!

Yup! It's really one of those things that you didn't realise you were interested in it until you were putting it in on your UCAS form, you know? But I guess one of the main reasons is that Nordic art is my favourite type of art ever and if I ever want to work first-hand with it in any way, I'm going to need the languages and history of Scandinavia to back it up. Also, Swedish is just really cool, in my opinion. :biggrin: I'm sooo torn between UCL and Edinburgh but I'll be visiting in Feb. so I'll know then. Although, at UCL, I can do both hoa and scand. studies. That's a huge plus in UCL's favour.
Just got a UCL conditional offer for BSc Economics ! :biggrin:

Can anyone tell me if UCL are very strict regarding their conditional offer? Like if I get 2-3% lower than their offer (70% overall in the First Year in Delhi University for B.A hons Economics), would they still take me??
Original post by shubham_ag
Just got a UCL conditional offer for BSc Economics ! :biggrin:

Can anyone tell me if UCL are very strict regarding their conditional offer? Like if I get 2-3% lower than their offer (70% overall in the First Year in Delhi University for B.A hons Economics), would they still take me??

Congratulations!

I can say with a great degree of certainty that because UCL Economics is one of if not their most competitive course to get in to, they are extremely strict with their conditional offers. I know students who have missed out by 1 UMS mark, which is less than 1%.

Make sure you meet the conditions, best of luck :yy:
Username: adamwinogrodzki
Course: Information Management for Business
Planned Entry: 2011
Original post by Panda Vinnie
Congratulations!

I can say with a great degree of certainty that because UCL Economics is one of if not their most competitive course to get in to, they are extremely strict with their conditional offers. I know students who have missed out by 1 UMS mark, which is less than 1%.

Make sure you meet the conditions, best of luck :yy:

OMG. I thought it'd be a bit lax. :frown:
Now I am a bit scared. Scoring 70% in Eco hons I year in DU is very hard indeed!! :rolleyes:
Original post by adamwinogrodzki
Username: adamwinogrodzki
Course: Information Management for Business

heard anything yet? applying for same course sent of to UCAS today :smile:
Reply 1669
Original post by EcstaticMuse
Greetings, potential applicants!....

Username: robynxxx
Course: Modern Languages (French and Spanish)

Got a conditional offer and been invited to an open day in January :smile: yay!
Reply 1670
OFFER!!!!

Course - Chemical Engineering
Grade A - Mathematics
and Grade A - Chemistry
and Grade B - Further Mathematics

I AM OVER THE MOON RIGHT NOW :biggrin:
(Just wonder, are there any applicants with higher/lower offer than me? or mine is a standard for this year?)
Original post by ashton.alfred
heard anything yet? applying for same course sent of to UCAS today :smile:

Nope. I had an acknowledgement from them a few weeks ago, but nothing since... I have a feeling they wont be giving out many offers until January/February :mad: since most people are invited to an interview around then. All my other choices have given me an offer but I really want to go to UCL!
Reply 1672
Original post by Sawasdee
OFFER!!!!

Grade A - Mathematics
and Grade A - Chemistry

(Just wonder, are there any applicants with higher/lower offer than me? or mine is a standard for this year?)

Congrats! I have applied for the same course, but still no reply!
Rejected.
Original post by no chance
Rejected.

:frown:Bad luck, I expect to get the same at some point this week. Hopefully, you will get good news from Cambridge in January.
Original post by Sawasdee
OFFER!!!!

Grade A - Mathematics
and Grade A - Chemistry

wow congratulations that's your toughest choice, good luck with the others.:smile:
Original post by shubham_ag
OMG. I thought it'd be a bit lax. :frown:
Now I am a bit scared. Scoring 70% in Eco hons I year in DU is very hard indeed!! :rolleyes:

will you be entering as a first or second year student?
Reply 1677
Original post by natashapt
I'm sorry thats sucky!:frown: Where else did you apply to?

Indeed :frown:

Oxford
Kings
Queen Mary
Royal Holloway

You?
Reply 1678
Hi :smile: anybody had an offer/interview invitation for Hoa with material studies? I sent my application on the 15th oct...that's a while ago...:s-smilie::s-smilie: And yes, I worry too much. And I should be studying instead :wink:
Reply 1679
any offer/invitation/rejection for politics and east european studies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending