The Student Room Group

Do you HAVE to meet entry requirements?

So If the entry requirements for a course are AAA and my A-level results are AAB does this mean that there is no chance of getting an offer from that uni?

e.g. no point in applying.

Or would a good personal statement and reference mean that they may still possibly accept the AAB and offer me a place?

thanks.
Reply 1
ask admission tutor of that uni
Reply 2
Hmm, if it's AAA then I reckon they'd want AAA. If the entry requirements was BBB they might be more lenient if you've got BBC.

I think it's worth applying, just so you know if they might give you an offer, but I wouldn't hold your breath. I guess that's partly why you get 5 choices.
Reply 3
It's not impossible but it mainly depends on how competitive the University and the course is.

Also if you plan on retaking a module or so to boost the grade might also help.

But if in doubt I'd ask, since you already have your A levels.
Reply 4
You don't always have to meet the requirements, with AAA subjects.. Uni's are usually very strict on their requirements.
Reply 5
I got an AAA offer from Bristol Uni, I got AABB, they still let me in. :dontknow:
I'm predicted ABB, but i've got offers from 3 AAB unis so far.
Reply 7
It depends on the university. I think UCL still lets you in with AAB if you did a good interview. It's a judgement call on their part.
Reply 8
Got into my Uni despite missing out by a grade, so it's do-able.
Original post by neutralmilkhotel
I'm predicted ABB, but i've got offers from 3 AAB unis so far.

Different situation there. He already has his grades whereas you still have a chance of attaining the ones you need.
Original post by kellybee
I got an AAA offer from Bristol Uni, I got AABB, they still let me in. :dontknow:

Original post by FTstudies
Got into my Uni despite missing out by a grade, so it's do-able.

You beat the odds.

Generally, if you miss the offer, you don't get in. Some coursess, particularly less competitive courses that have places in Clearing anyway, may still take you if you miss your offer. Generally they won't, though.

Back to the OP's point of already having the grades: It's very unlikely they will take you, but you could apply to one or two places if you really want to go to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending