The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else going KL for their interview?
Reply 401
Original post by chemistrygod2315

KL ?
Original post by G550NDH
KL ?

yup kuala lumpur's the international location where glasgow hold their interviews for international students!
Reply 403
Original post by chemistrygod2315

Where are you from? Lolz. I'm from HK and I haven't received anything from Glasgow yet so if I do get an interview, I'll prolly miss the KL interviews =S
Original post by Matt2202

Just got an interview letter :biggrin:. I have to wait til the 28th of February though! Still pretty chuffed...

Hey matt well done on your interview! I am anxiously waiting and hoping for one but still nothing :frown: so to see that you got one only yesterday is a little hope for me! Lol can i ask what you got on your ukcat score? Its just so I know if I have any chance of getting an interview as I know they interview the top 800.
Thanks x
Reply 405
Original post by caterpillar1988
Hey matt well done on your interview! I am anxiously waiting and hoping for one but still nothing :frown: so to see that you got one only yesterday is a little hope for me! Lol can i ask what you got on your ukcat score? Its just so I know if I have any chance of getting an interview as I know they interview the top 800.
Thanks x

What was your UKCAT ? If it was above 657.5 then i think your safe, since people with that have interviews
Reply 406
Original post by caterpillar1988
Thanks x

Thanks! My UKCAT was 687.5 average (Total 2750)
As previously mentioned by others It seems the current "cut off" is around 2610 total, but that could be subject to small changes.
I actually know one of the interviewers and he says currently they have been interviewing mainly graduates, but interviews will go all the way through til about march so if you don't have an interview date yet don't worry. My 2 friends from school that are applying have scores above the cut off that people on here seem to be quoting but haven't heard anything about interviews yet either.
Good Luck with your application!! x
Thanks! My UKCAT was 687.5 average (Total 2750)
As previously mentioned by others It seems the current "cut off" is around 2610 total, but that could be subject to small changes.
I actually know one of the interviewers and he says currently they have been interviewing mainly graduates, but interviews will go all the way through til about march so if you don't have an interview date yet don't worry. My 2 friends from school that are applying have scores above the cut off that people on here seem to be quoting but haven't heard anything about interviews yet either.
Good Luck with your application!! x

:wink: Lucky!

I wanna' go Glasgow so bad :frown:
Snowbound still and a week until interview. Apparently, the latest is that it is going to last for a further 4 weeks so no doubt, lots of interviews will need to be rescheduled. Let's hope not.
heard nothing....come on here...see everyone with interviews....ugh...

I feel sad now :frown:
Original post by infernalcradle
heard nothing....come on here...see everyone with interviews....ugh...

I feel sad now :frown:

Heard nothing either dude. Terrible.
Reply 411
I got 717.5 on the UKCAT but I havent heard anything yet.. :/
Hey does anyone know what’s going on with interviews? Are they still happening as normal or has the snow caused a lot of people to cancel? I’m just wondering whether I should reschedule or not...
Original post by bubblensqueak
Hey does anyone know what’s going on with interviews? Are they still happening as normal or has the snow caused a lot of people to cancel? I’m just wondering whether I should reschedule or not...

I know ACW123 had to reschedule as was snowbound. Mine is next week (14th) and I'm waiting to see how the weather is over the next couple days. I'll leave it until the 13th before phoning if I feel I won't make it due to weather.
When is yours?
Original post by sweetchilli
I know ACW123 had to reschedule as was snowbound. Mine is next week (14th) and I'm waiting to see how the weather is over the next couple days. I'll leave it until the 13th before phoning if I feel I won't make it due to weather.
When is yours?

I heard that they close the airport earlier this week due to weather. But it's open now ! :smile:
There'll be problems with your interviewers getting into uni too. Glasgow has cancelled exams for Wednesday and Thursday so far due to the weather. It's really cold so all the snow has frozen so the roads are a nightmare.
Hey, just wondering if that's Glasgow given out all their interviews now?
Reply 417
Original post by bubblensqueak

Like SweetChilli mentioned i had to reschedule my interview as i couldn't get out my village, never mind all the way to Glasgow. I waited until about 4pm the day before the interview to phone. I think they've had a lot of people rescheduling so i wouldn't worry if you have to.
Reply 418
I phoned in earlier and they said all the interviews are still on
so providing the planes from stansted are still flying out there i'll be on the way to mine tomorrow morning
Reply 419
24th January is my interview for glasgow. anyone else? pretty late isn't it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending