The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StephenP91
Why do you care? You were rejected, end of. You may have been very good, but still not good enough.

Strong comprehension skills.
Reply 81
How did it go?? :smile:

curious post is curious
Reply 82
Yeah I think they can to be honest, they have to be polite. But Good luck anyway!
Reply 83
Original post by Iopiop93
Yh I understand it's competitive nd the chances are low but, they knew my BMAT before the interview. There's no way the director knew what happened unmy other interview cos they were just 10 mins of each other. Nd that was the subject interview, the main interview where ppl can show their science side of things So basically that means she doesn't care how I performed, all that's important is bmat and I get rejected. She cud hav looked at my bmat before and just cancelled the interview, I'd have preferred that to being in insanely cold weather all day looking like a bit of a prat in a suit

What was your bmat score? and which college?
Reply 84
why is this forum full of so many retards? this is probably the most pointless thread ever. noone gives a ****, shut up and wait for your rejection/acceptance letter instead of making useless topics like this.

i think all you wanted to do was post that they praised you a lot and you think you'll probably get in. poor sugarcoating effort, log off and occupy yourself with something else.

can't even be bothered to be less harsh.
Reply 85
Original post by Cast.Iron
Oh thanks :smile:. I guess the swimming pool makes up for the work though!

Which college are you at?

I'm at Trinity. :smile:

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Original post by ZuzaMagda
I've had my interviews today and there is something I'm really curious about. As far as my general interview was GREAT, I am NOT confident about the subject-specific one. The main reason for my concerns is that I know Cambridge has a policy of putting the candidates at ease etc. during interviews. During my s.-s. interview, the interviewer said "That was excellent, very interesting, it was very nice to meet you, thank you" or at least something along those lines. Also, I heard the word "very good" once or twice when I was answering the questions. I feel very skeptical about it because I know they were probably trying their very best to make me feel comfortable.

I think it would be CRUEL of them to reject me after saying so many nice words, EVEN IF they were only meant as a way of making me feel less nervous. Still, do you think it's possible? I was predicted 45 points (the top score) in the IB exams, I had a rather good PS (in my general interview, one of the tutors said it was very interesting), good grades in my first year in the IB and what I think was a good reference.

Has any of you actually been rejected after being told you had done well? Have you heard of such cases?

OP try not to worry. It doesn't mean you've been rejected. Someone in my class had an interview where they tried to throw her off as much as possible, it was the exact opposite of making her feel at ease. I have no idea who interviewed her but they were to the point of actually been really rude. So you're lucky you didn't have a similar interviewer... long story short she got in to Cambridge even though she was crying for days after the interview, she thought she was going to get rejected. So basically don't worry because you never know with them and you could be worrying over nothing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Cambridge is full of uppity ****ers. Don't worry.
Yh I understand it's competitive nd the chances are low but, they knew my BMAT before the interview. There's no way the director knew what happened unmy other interview cos they were just 10 mins of each other. Nd that was the subject interview, the main interview where ppl can show their science side of things So basically that means she doesn't care how I performed, all that's important is bmat and I get rejected. She cud hav looked at my bmat before and just cancelled the interview, I'd have preferred that to being in insanely cold weather all day looking like a bit of a prat in a suit

I fully these kind of things are very distressing for us applicants, but please, try and deal with this in a counstructive manner. It has been pointed out SEVERAL times now that despite your low BMAT score, they clearly decided to see if your interview could make up for this score, which evidently it probably hasn't.

You also don't seem to understand that the interview takes up time for the interviewer too, who has to fit his research commitments and travelling arrangements around these interviews. Cambridge made an effort to give you a chance to prove yourself inspite of a poor paper application, that's more than some applicants get.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 89
I gt 4.9 5.2 nd 4D

Ok look, I had my main 30 min science interview with two ppl, one physiology n one biochem and then 10 mins later, in an interview mainly bout my PS I get told my bmat isn't good snuff for an offer. Where the **** in all that was my chance to compensate? She cudnt have known how my other interview went in that much time
Reply 90
lol the number of people missing the point here is worrying
Reply 91
yh howd it go, for some inexplicable reason im desperate to know
Reply 92
Original post by yahyahyah
why is this forum full of so many retards? this is probably the most pointless thread ever. noone gives a ****, shut up and wait for your rejection/acceptance letter instead of making useless topics like this.

i think all you wanted to do was post that they praised you a lot and you think you'll probably get in. poor sugarcoating effort, log off and occupy yourself with something else.

lol i dont understand how you're not in the red yet. Your posts, which are not really abusive, they're more offensive/telling it like it is are really funny - keep it up! :smile:
Hey Iopiop it sucks s/he said that, seriously it does. if i hear that in my interview i will be flying (!!) home feeling like ****.

but, no offense, it's an embarrassment to yourself to a) post it on TSR for all to see and b) try to complain.

what are they going to do? tell the DoS off? Or let you in because they feel bad for you? Be serious >.>
Reply 94
You have two choices. Either brainwash yourself into thinking you have been accepted, then you feel good for now, and either good or bad in future, or brainwash yourself into thinking you've been rejected, then you'll feel bad now, then good or bad in future.

Stop worrying about it, there's nothing you can do :tongue:
Reply 95
Original post by Vazzyb
lol i dont understand how you're not in the red yet. Your posts, which are not really abusive, they're more offensive/telling it like it is are really funny - keep it up! :smile:

i'm struggling with the idiocy of some people on here.
Reply 96
Hi, ive just had a medicine interview at Cambridge. Basically I knew my BMAT scores (5ish scores and 4D) were a little bit low beforehand from talking to other people there but I was basically told my the interviewer that I didn’t have a chance of getting in.* So what was the ****ing point in calling me up in the first place, its just a waste of everyones time tbh*

My first interview was about science and medicine and I felt it went ok, I got asked questions which I sort of knew the answers to nd even tho I didn’t express myself that well, it didn’t go disastrously. The second interview was 1-on-1 with the director of studies. She introduced herself n sed that this was the ‘pastorel’ interview. At the start she spent like 5 minutes reading my application and then she asked me questions bout my personal statement and what I would bring to college life and an ethics question about some violinist. Then at the end she sed do u have any questions, so I just asked wen will we find out even tho I knew it was early jan…then she just said something along the lines of ‘I think with your BMAT scores and the competition we have this year I don’t think it will be easy to make you an offer but you never know’ in a really patronising way. So basically that means that theyre aren’t making me an offer. I told the uni applications person in my college and he said that’s outrageous.*

I don’t understand what the point is in calling someone up to interview, making them dress up in a suit and just go through the whole thing and not really care what happens in the interview and just go on some crappy 1hr exam. So pissed off. Can I complain against them or at least get my train fare back or something?

It's tempting to shift the blame onto someone else, but it won't do you any good.
Are you saying you should get your train fare back because they shouldn't have interviewed you?
They gave you a chance and if you weren't good enough you have to suck it up.
Reply 97
Theres a lot of people speculating here who just dont seem to understand.

Regardlessof your bmat score, if you were in a position where you had worked very hard spending hours/days/weeks on preparation for an interview then you take a few days off, make a long journey and a huge effort to present yourself well in 3 interviews and then someone basically tells you that you were pretty much wasting your time then and there to your face of COURSE youre bound to feel resentful.

The starter of this thread is not even protesting at their rejection but the awful manner in which they were rejected. Why do so many people commenting fail to recognise this?
Reply 98
Quite frankly, I do not understand the aggression (not to say anything about lack of comprehension, but this was already mentioned).

If I am wasting my time sharing a random question that came to my mind, which I probably am as it is indeed unanswerable, then what to say of some people replying to this thread, who use their energy only to express contempt?

:rolleyes: :wink:

Well if you don't like it you know what you can do buddy!

You're a newbie, if you hate it so much, get out whilst you still can :yep:

Also, we don't need ANOTHER **** on this forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending