The Student Room Group

Would you let your DAUGHTER with a MALE babysitter?

This poll is closed

Would you let your DAUGHTER with a MALE babysitter?

Yes 60%
No40%
Total votes: 119
yes or no?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes.
Maybe I would let my daughter with a male babysitter. Maybe I wouldn't let my daughter with a male babysitter. Who knows?
Reply 3
no because he's either a paedophile or gay.
Reply 4
Original post by G8D
No.

And I don't want to justify it either.

We already know, don't worry. :cool:
Absolutely, and while I support the right of parents to discriminate in this matter, I can't understand why anyone would.
Reply 6
Yep.

when I was youunger I've been left with a couple of male babysitters. No harm done!
Reply 7
Original post by dnumberwang
Maybe I would let my daughter with a male babysitter. Maybe I wouldn't let my daughter with a male babysitter. Who knows?

You shoud be caring of her. You. A male babysitter. Nonsense, isn't it?
Reply 8
No, because I don't want a daughter at the moment, or a son in fact.
Reply 9
only if he wasnts a pedo
Probably not.
Reply 11
I'd only trust my child to either someone with a complete and recent CRB check, or a trusted friend or family member, and being male doesn't preclude either of those.
Reply 12
it really wouldnt bother me tbh. i honetsly dont see whats wrong with having a male babysitter look after your child.
Reply 13
if you knew them then sure, but why would you have a babysitter you didn't know well anyway??
Original post by laut_biru
I'd only trust my child to either someone with a complete and recent CRB check, or a trusted friend or family member, and being male doesn't preclude either of those.

Completely agree, you just can't trust anyone really these days.
Reply 15
Of course?
Reply 16
not all males are paedophiles.

We overestimate risks...
Reply 17
No. Not while there are still so many female babysitters around...

Original post by laut_biru

Please, please never just rely on a CRB check to determine whether somebody is trustworthy for leaving your child with. You don't know how futile the checks are.
Original post by Broderss
no because he's either a paedophile or gay.

Too damn right!
Original post by G8D
No.

And I don't want to justify it either.

Well you can't have it both ways- if you say something offensive, you're gonna get **** for it. If someone else said something like a "I wouldn't let my children with a BLACK babysitter" what do you think the general reaction would be?

Quick Reply