The Student Room Group

how to join CIA/FBI/ M16, french legionnaires??

ok basically im a second yr uni student doing sports management, i was just wondering how does one go about getting a job with these guys
Reply 1
I'm totally stealing someone else's joke here: If you can't find the careers page for these organisations, you're probably not cut out for that kind of work.
Reply 2
Join the legion by going to France and turning up to the gates of one of their recruiting centres, but I would think about it.

Not that you are seriously thinking about it.
You could ask on a website and ensure your name and IP address go down on their list of 'people to never employ'.
Reply 4
You've blown the gaffe on yourself, you will be hunted down now...
Reply 6
they won't accept you knowing you ask this stuff out in the open
Reply 7
How is the french legion relevant to the FBI?
Reply 8

They wanted M16 not MI6.
Original post by Quady
They wanted M16 not MI6.

there's no such organisation...
You can't join Cia FBI they require US citezenship.Indeed Mi6 recruit people with degrees but if you don't have the common sense to find their website they won't want you....well maybe you could make tea.....The legion well turn up at fort du nogent or Aubagne but if you can't even use google they won't waste their time. You may get some loosened teeth and a diving trip into the bog.The legion would crush you.They will own you.You will have nothing but the legion and your rifle and you will get a whole new identity.But your taking the piss and trying to get attention broadcasting you want to be ********** James bond. Lol
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by rquaresma
ok basically im a second yr uni student doing sports management, i was just wondering how does one go about getting a job with these guys

CIA: US CITIZEN
MI6: UK CITIZEN
FFL: Just turn up at any of their recruiting offices(in french cities) and you'll be dead before you turn 30! (prob)

Realistically, if you had the quality to join MI6 then you wouldn't be asking this. You'd be working on a history dissertation/skiing in the alps/forking beautiful foreign babe. lol
Original post by Blueflare
I'm totally stealing someone else's joke here: If you can't find the careers page for these organisations, you're probably not cut out for that kind of work.

Agreed! Firstly to join most of these generally they only choose citezens of their own country. However it's not policy well at least in the sis(mi6). I'm not quite sure about the fbi,cia. However by french legionnaires, I assume you are reffering to the french foreign legion, which is a elite military unit and not the same as cia,fbi,sis(mi6). It's similar to the royal marines and parachute regement. You can join as a soldier, but i think you have to be french to be an officer. Your duties will be no different than a normal french soldiers. You can look at their website for more information. As for sis(mi6) you need a 2:1 degree to join. There are many positions in the sis and some need specific degrees and some just need a degree (non specific). Obviously with your degree you can only go for the non specific. I assume you want to be a intelligence officer like james bond. Well this needs no specific degree. But you do need to have some good qualities and have to be fairly intelligent. Also don't kid yourself on that it's anything like the james bond or bourne films cause it's not. Obviously sometimes you'll be expected to do some potentially dangerous stuff. But if you are just looking to be a cool spy with a licence to kill then you are just kidding yourself on. An actual intelligence officer job has more in common with a department of work an pensions (civil servant) fraud investigator than 007. Again look at the sis website for more info. If you really want a job with action, i'd suggest joining the military as an infantary soldier or officer or the police and work your way up to detective.
Original post by Rooster523
there's no such organisation...

That's what they want you to think.

But nah they have a building right between M15 and M17.
Reply 14
im gonna join french legion if my degree does not get me a job in under a year after graduating
Reply 15
im gonna join french legion if my degree does not get me a job in under a year after graduating

M26 is easier to get into.

I was going to join the legion after my degree, until i found out about the royal marines. They are ****ing HOOFING!
Reply 17

yeah, sure you are
Original post by danz69
yeah, sure you are

Why not? It's not impossible. If he wants to try then let him, same with the op.
Reply 19
He can try.
That's about it I guess...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending