The Student Room Group

worst type of bully - physical, verbal or passive aggressive

Scroll to see replies

I've experienced passive aggressive (both A and B), and it is nasty. I would also have put that under verbal bullying, as name-calling and making up stories are verbal, aren't they? Anyway, when someone hurts you physically, yeah it is horrible at first, but then at least that does heal soon enough and it's a lot easier to get over. Whereas, things that people say to you and about you can really stick in your mind and leave a more lasting emotional scar. They can really make you believe there's something wrong with you, even if there really isn't. So that's most definitely worst. Which is why I reckon the saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" is a load of bull****, because that so isn't the case sometimes.
Reply 41
Original post by Holly Hiskey
It was actually quite simple, you just click "View all posts by Ali" and then maybe 5 minutes maximum later you have a dozen or so anti-chav comments.
I didn't mean that you show off about being a rah, just that you mention it all the time, and that if you stopped broadcasting the fact that you're a rah, people probably wouldn't even realise that you're a rah and therefore wouldn't insult for being a rah.
You may consider it childish but if you act the same way in real life that you do on here, I don't see how it can't be a problem for you.

Topics that present themselves on here don't come up as often in real life, so people know other parts of my personality, that's why it isn't a problem.

Also, what's so wrong with hating chavs? I didn't even know what a rah was until I came on here and got called one! :eek:
Reply 42
Original post by Holly Hiskey
Wow, how incredibly similar to my life, except I don't make comments like these:
"You can't buy class. If an underclass chav suddenly becaomes a millionaire (maybe he wins the scratchcards?) he's still a lowerclass retard. Money cannot buy class nor taste, he'd probably gold plate everything, ew. Nouveau twits."
"And chavs sound stupid, they all have such a uniform chavvy accent as well. Pricks."
"Yes it is, Primark is bloody awful. Plus there a chavs in the shop, and outside the shops, there's like a smell... Lol my friends went in there once to take the piss, it was so hilar!"
"I look down on the uneducated pricks."
"Lol chavs don't > rahs. Chavs are vile and disgusting, they're a plague on society. Bloody antisocial, uneducated pricks."
"Jews weren't hurting anyone. Chavs are. They're damaging the economy as well. They're no use to society, they're like leeches."
"No, it doesn't. Plenty of "snobs" that I know are very intelligent, some have graducated university with good degrees, they're hardly thick."
"Provide evidence that working class people are fine."

"And lol, how ironic...about 6 months ago, myself and my friends went on that calling them all jealous chavs, peasants etc. I don't get why that would make you dislike 'rahs' though, they're (we're?) just defending Jack Wills?"
"And lol yay for us rahs!"
"I haven't been to Salcombe yet but I was planning on going next year...oh goodness I guess we're such rahs lol."
"Not particularly, I used to get annoyed when people called me a rah but now I'm not too fussed tbh. I'd rather be a rah than a chav anyday so y'know."
"Then again, they won't listen to us, we're stuck up Jack Wills wearing rahs aren't we?"

Seriously, if you didn't make such a big deal about being a rah and hating poor people, no-one would comment on it. I may have just found the solution to your bullying problem actually; stop being obnoxious about your "rah status"

I would class myself as 100% middle class, but I gotta agree with the Rah on this one. Chav's are pure scum. The gap in reall class between Rah-Chav is almost immeasurable.
Original post by .Ali.
Topics that present themselves on here don't come up as often in real life, so people know other parts of my personality, that's why it isn't a problem.

Also, what's so wrong with hating chavs? I didn't even know what a rah was until I came on here and got called one! :eek:

Some rahs are nice, some chavs are nice. I'm sure that I don't need to explain that stereotyping people rarely works out well and in fact often leads to bullying. If you complain that people judge you for your taste in Jack Wills then you can't then go on to say that you hate everyone who favours Addidas and hoop earrings.
Reply 44
Original post by ChewyMeister
Obviously this one because sticks and stones will break your bones but words will never harm them. If you are mentally weak you might find verbal bullying worse but would you rather be called something petty or punched in the face?

Just because you got wedgied everyday for 10 years instead of receiving verbal abuse during your childhood doesn't mean that the latter isn't a bad thing. It has the capability to be just as bad (if not worse) as physical bullying.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Sithius
Just because you got wedgied everyday for 10 years instead of receiving verbal abuse during your childhood doesn't mean that the latter isn't a bad thing. It has the capability to be just as bad (if not worse) as physical bullying.

OK, so what's worse: someone beats you up so that you are seriously injured and in hospital or they call you something: "Boohoo I feel so hurt inside because someone keeps calling me _______ " You can ignore verbal bullying but when someone lays into you everyday you cannot ignore that!
Reply 46
Original post by ChewyMeister
OK, so what's worse: someone beats you up so that you are seriously injured and in hospital or they call you something: "Boohoo I feel so hurt inside because someone keeps calling me _______ " You can ignore verbal bullying but when someone lays into you everyday you cannot ignore that!

That's like saying a child could ignore their father if they were constantly abused and told they were a worthless **** and so on everyday. Get real.

Also, learn to fight. Seriously. You can't actually ignore words, but you can definitely prevent physical bullying.
Original post by .Ali.
Both forms of passive agressive bullying. I've experienced all four, constantly for three years, because some stupid common pricks thought I spoke like a "posh ****". You've got to love chavs eh...

Ali calling them common isnt exactly going to win them over now is it? Especially when you trying to not come across as posh.
Think they're all quite bad tbh.
Reply 49
Verbal is fun, physical is also fun, but passive aggresive B, O no.
Reply 50
Passive aggressive B, without a doubt.
Passive agressive A because it's probably the most common.
Original post by Sithius
That's like saying a child could ignore their father if they were constantly abused and told they were a worthless **** and so on everyday. Get real.

Also, learn to fight. Seriously. You can't actually ignore words, but you can definitely prevent physical bullying.

Ok, you have obviously missed the point. My original argument was and still is that physical bullying is worse than verbal bullying, on the whole. I was answering the question posed by the original thread starter by merely stating my opinion, which I am entitled to. It may have come across that I think forms of bullying that aren't physical are insignificant and should not be considered bullying at all but that was not my intention. And I do regret saying something about 'weak minded' people and I realise that it wasn't right to say that. However I was only emphasising the truth that in our 'modern day' society far too much emphasis is put on name calling etc. and people are growing up in a nanny state, so to speak.

In answer to your point about 'learning to fight', presumably when in a situation with a bully, you have never encountered a real bully, or to be more correct bullies. Bullies pick on weaker individuals and go around in groups, so suggesting I 'learn to fight' is hardly appropriate. Furthermore I was merely stating that physical abuse is worse than verbal abuse, not that I had actually experienced either on a serious level, therefore making your point further void. (Whether I have experienced either is none of your business, nor does it concern you)

So, Peace out. :cool:
Reply 53
physical: physical violence only

Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.
Reply 54
I've experienced all four by one person. :emo:
Reply 55
Passive aggressive A. But B is just as bad.

Actually scratch that, anybody who is like B are little buggers, because the victim would have no power because nobody would believe them. I was bullied for years like this, and I had to leave the school it got so bad :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Mental.
Everyone is going to pick the one they've experienced. But there's no way in hell that Passive aggressive bullying is worse than physical bullying.
Being ignored sucks, but I'd much prefer that to being stabbed, burnt, beaten and raped.
Reply 58
Original post by silverbolt
Ali calling them common isnt exactly going to win them over now is it? Especially when you trying to not come across as posh.

It's not, but if they call me things, they should expect me to retaliate! :tongue:
Reply 59
Original post by .Ali.
Both forms of passive agressive bullying. I've experienced all four, constantly for three years, because some stupid common pricks thought I spoke like a "posh ****". You've got to love chavs eh...

So you have an issue with people calling you posh, but you don't have a problem with calling people common and chavs?

Interesting.

Quick Reply