The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
I already firmed Durham! I got an offer November the 1st and got offers from Southampton, St. Andrews and Hull and got turned down by Keele. I firmed Durham like a week ago but still haven't heard from the college at all! How long does it take?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Predark
I already firmed Durham! I got an offer November the 1st and got offers from Southampton, St. Andrews and Hull and got turned down by Keele. I firmed Durham like a week ago but still haven't heard from the college at all! How long does it take?

I got my offer on the 22nd of november and was assigned a college less than two weeks later. You can always call them if you're too anxious about it :smile:
On my AES it says that my application has been recieved by a College. As far as I'm aware that means I have an offer unless the course has accidentally been oversubscribed which is really unlikely seeing as it's December?
If this is the case, how long is it before it appears on UCAS/I get a letter confirming it. ?
Application has not yet been received by the College.
Politics.
Come oooooon.
Anyone else got anything different?
F301 Physics (MPhys)

* Your application has been received by the Department
* Your application has not yet been received by a College

Starting to brick it. All my friends have offers from durham (one of them applied for the same course)

Anyone in the same position? or am i screwed?
Original post by Predark

Awesome! Nice to have everything worked out this early in the game, eh? I'll probably be on the same boat as you; 90% likely to firm Durham. Only reason I wouldn't is if LSE can some how wooo me (if I even get an offer from them).

Funny you got offers from Southampton, Durham and St. Andrews but not Keele lol. You can tell keele to shove it.

Anyways this was my timeline: Moved to the college on November 5th. Offer on November 9th. Allotted a college on November 15th.

What college did you put down?
Original post by Optic Turtle
F301 Physics (MPhys)

Starting to brick it. All my friends have offers from durham (one of them applied for the same course)

I'm in the exact same situation for the same course. I sent mine on November the 15th.
Rejected. Oh well. **** you, Durham.
Original post by KingMessi
Rejected. Oh well. **** you, Durham.

With your results...? Yeah, I'm definitely screwed.
Just got a letter from my college choice; I got in! :smile:
Original post by Unkempt_One
Just got a letter from my college choice; I got in! :smile:

Nice! Which college?
Reply 1591
Original post by adam0311
QFA

Have you been placed in a college yet? I haven't yet received any letters from them... what's taking them so long :s-smilie:
Original post by OzianGirl
Application has not yet been received by the College.
Politics.
Come oooooon.
Anyone else got anything different?

Applied for joint honours in Politics and Sociology and mine still hasn't been received by a college yet either :/
Original post by abbi.blythe
Applied for joint honours in Politics and Sociology and mine still hasn't been received by a college yet either :/

I did joint in English and History and am at the same stage. I'm thinking joint honours take longer as they'll have to be considered by both departments before going to a college?
just got a letter confirming my place in trevelyan yesterday!
Reply 1595
Original post by Optic Turtle
F301 Physics (MPhys)

I am in the same position and sent my app on 25th September. It's like we are either screwed or Durham is sadistic :s-smilie:
Original post by simonc1993
On my AES it says that my application has been recieved by a College. As far as I'm aware that means I have an offer unless the course has accidentally been oversubscribed which is really unlikely seeing as it's December?
If this is the case, how long is it before it appears on UCAS/I get a letter confirming it. ?

that doesn't mean you have a place it means that the college is considering your application. when you get an offer you will get an email saying that you have an offer and that your ucas track has changed. you will then also get a letter through the post a bit later.
Original post by hannah-lucy
Hey, I got an offer from Durham last Thursday & it said that I would be contacted to confirm my college - does anyone know how long this takes? & also does anyone know what the average intake of students is for the philosophy department? I checked the website but couldn't find anything.. Thanks (:

i got my offer two weeks ago and i got my college confirmations yesterday
Original post by Ivanka
I am in the same position and sent my app on 25th September. It's like we are either screwed or Durham is sadistic :s-smilie:

Same and I sent mine almost that early too! But they said that they do wait until the deadline so while impatient I'm not too worried... :s-smilie:
Original post by manthew
Have you been placed in a college yet? I haven't yet received any letters from them... what's taking them so long :s-smilie:

Yeah, castle. How long has it been in college?

Latest