The Student Room Group

Teacher in Birmingham guilty of racial hated after calling pupil White trash

but not suspended, doesn't say what race or colour the teacher is

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336758/Teacher-Jane-Turner-called-pupil-white-trash-guilty-racial-hatred-suspended.html

Quite surprising, to see a story about a teacher saying that... ofc it's wrong, teachers should remain professional and ideally not compromise their own job by getting personal or racially insulting with students. That's clearly out of the question, even if the student was a 'chav'

If it comes to a teacher being racially insulting, doesn't matter what race is mentioned, it's always wrong. thread

Scroll to see replies

Good, what kind of teacher thinks racially abusive language of any kind is appropriate.
I can't believe you have posted this. How are the TSR right wingers going to complain that the govt turns a blind eye to any racism against whites now?
Reply 3
The daily mail strikes again!

Jane turner sounds pretty darn british(white british) to me although so does Ian wright so.........:dontknow:
Reply 4
Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi
I can't believe you have posted this. How are the TSR right wingers going to complain that the govt turns a blind eye to any racism against whites now?

POW right in the kisser:yep:
Reply 5

Lol as well as opening the double standard argument again. 'If the teacher said that to a black student, calling them black trash they would have been fired, huge uproar' etc

You can never win, modern racial debate is entirely cylical

I'm all out of rep :frown:

To the Op, I've always wanted to post this on tsr but the opportunity has never presented itself, i guess it still isnt very suitable here but oh well, lets go for it:

Stop playing the race card.

That felt good...
Reply 7
What race is she? It doesn't tell you the race....
Reply 8
LOL what race is she????
Reply 9
I bet the kid deserved it
Reply 10
That's not very nice.
I would lol so hard if she is white. :biggrin:
She should have been punished. Any form of personal abuse towards children deserves punishment, and racial abuse is clearly inclusive in that.
Reply 13
Original post by Law123mus

So instead of condemning obvious racism you use this as an opportunity to try and one-up right wingers. Nice.

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Lol as well as opening the double standard argument again. 'If the teacher said that to a black student, calling them black trash they would have been fired, huge uproar' etc

You can never win, modern racial debate is entirely cylical

Except that's exactly what would have happened. If it was the other way around, she would have immediately lost her job and probably thrown in jail. 'Race hate' crimes are *******s and should only be enforced with violent crimes. Everyone here would've brought out the torches and pitchforks if it was white-on-black (especially the first user I quoted). There are many, many examples of this in the past where teachers are immediately sacked, while this woman gets a slap on the wrist.
Original post by Tnetinbum
So instead of condemning obvious racism you use this as an opportunity to try and one-up right wingers. Nice.

Except that's exactly what would have happened. If it was the other way around, she would have immediately lost her job and probably thrown in jail. 'Race hate' crimes are *******s and should only be enforced with violent crimes. Everyone here would've brought out the torches and pitchforks if it was white-on-black (especially the first user I quoted). There are many, many examples of this in the past where teachers are immediately sacked, while this woman gets a slap on the wrist.

Why would I one up right wingers I'm a left winger. Look at my signature, I hate anything to the right of stalin!!!!!!!!
Reply 15
Why would I one up right wingers I'm a left winger. Look at my signature, I hate anything to the right of stalin!!!!!!!!

Whoosh. One-upping someone means to try and get one over someone - making a jab at them, insulting them, whatever. You did exactly that - posting "pow! right in the kisser!" just makes you a spectator reveling in delight at a cheap shot while contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion.
Reply 16
lol how can it be racist the kid was white
Reply 17
The daily mail strikes again!

Jane turner sounds pretty darn british(white british) to me although so does Ian wright so.........:dontknow:

but back in the glory days africans were given english/european names when owned by people over here and their names stuck with them so you can't really tell.
Reply 18

how can you not see this is racism? because the kid is white? :facepalm:
Reply 19
Racism in any form is unacceptable.

/discussion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending