The Student Room Group

Boyfriend has to see ex wife, should I be worried?

Scroll to see replies

@O: Does he keep mementoes of her around? My stepdad keeps a pic of him and his ex wife from 30 years ago on his keyring that my mum doesn't know about. That's the kind of **** that should worry you.
Reply 81
op u alive?
If you act all paranoid you will push him away
Reply 83
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Hah, oh dear. My parents would be PISSED if I came home with a 46 year old.

And I'm 21. :lolwut:

But at 21 you can do what you want. Plus you can't help who you fall for, trust me.
Original post by DeputyDog
But at 21 you can do what you want. Plus you can't help who you fall for, trust me.

So you're going to stop carng about you're parents opinions and feelings?

True you're an adult and can do as you please, but your mum is still your mum and will treat you like a kid until the day she dies (only weaklings die before their parents).

and you may not be able to help who you fall for, but if you have some sense you can choose to ignore it if you're dating someone who's kids are older than you (imagine having a step-mum younger than yourself, that would be messed up).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by pippa90
Wow I've just realised something. If you two have a child then it's dad will be older than it's grandad and it's half brother and sister will be older than it's mum. Sorry but that is messed up!

Wow we aren't planning kids anytime soon, let's not get too ahead of ourselves. I DO want kids when I'm older though (hopefully a boy & a girl).
Reply 86
Original post by History-Student
So you're cang about you're parents opinions and feelings?

True you're an adult and can do as you please, but your mum is still your mum and will treat you like a kid until the day she dies (only weaklings die before their parents).

But there's a difference betwee taking your parents' feelings into consideration and allowing them to make important life decisions for you when it's no longer their job to do so.

If this was a 17-year-old boy the OP's parents didn't like because he had an earring or a motorbike or something, you'd probably say they would get over it once they knew him better. This is the same thing.

I was the anon before. My boyfriend and my mum know each other . He stays here some weekends. They get on just fine.
Reply 87
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Don't you wonder sometimes?

Hey Krist, still as cold over there?

You shouldn't have been negatived repped for that but I think you aren't totally right.

My ex of 7 years is a really close friend but there is zero chance of us ever being more than friends. We, well I, also just drifted as well. There is no possibility of us being anything other than best friends now.
Don't be so paranoid. They're getting a divorce, that means they're splitting up and moving on with their lives. Tbh I'd be more worried if he wasn't meeting her to sort it all out.

Wow we aren't planning kids anytime soon, let's not get too ahead of ourselves. I DO want kids when I'm older though (hopefully a boy & a girl).

Fingers crossed he ain't infertile by then.
Original post by markrush

Hey Krist, still as cold over there?

You shouldn't have been negatived repped for that but I think you aren't totally right.

My ex of 7 years is a really close friend but there is zero chance of us ever being more than friends. We, well I, also just drifted as well. There is no possibility of us being anything other than best friends now.

Hey, yeah it's alright.
I know, BUT.. i was just asking. I wasn't responding to the OPs thread that time yet.
We all wonder sometimes but its up to us how we act on it.
Even if we trust our partners a lot, it will always cross in our mind about that kind of scenarios.

I know a lot of people who were sure that this *Stuff* will not happen to them, then 5 yrs later, it happened. (If you get what i mean)

At least you are friends w/ your ex and you know that you wont be anything more than friends w/ her.
If i have a partner, i wouldn't care that much.
It depends on their relationship too. If they act like they are still together, thats when i'll go crazy.
I, on the other hand were not even talking to each other.
Lately i've been having dreams about my ex haha, its so crazy that i don't even want to sleep anymore or else i'll be in pain again. :s-smilie: :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm 17, bf is in his 40s. I fink his ex wife is about 39 or something, why?

N I DO trust him, just feels weird that he's gonna be with another woman while I'm not there I guess. Been together about 6 weeks now, but known him for over 6 months as he was/is my driving instructor.

he's old enough to be your dad....

DISGUSTING.

but he gets SERIOUS reppage for pulling himself some 17 year old poontang..
pics? :colone:
Reply 92
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Hey, yeah it's alright.
I know, BUT.. i was just asking. I wasn't responding to the OPs thread that time yet.
We all wonder sometimes but its up to us how we act on it.
Even if we trust our partners a lot, it will always cross in our mind about that kind of scenarios.

I know a lot of people who were sure that this *Stuff* will not happen to them, then 5 yrs later, it happened. (If you get what i mean)

At least you are friends w/ your ex and you know that you wont be anything more than friends w/ her.
If i have a partner, i wouldn't care that much.
It depends on their relationship too. If they act like they are still together, thats when i'll go crazy.
I, on the other hand were not even talking to each other.
Lately i've been having dreams about my ex haha, its so crazy that i don't even want to sleep anymore or else i'll be in pain again. :s-smilie: :p:

Makes sense. It does depend on the person. I had an ex who at first tried to be her friend, then started bad mouthing her, then started to demand I make a choice. Simple Friend vs Lunatic!

Well then when I get up in the morning I will have to be your midnight distraction to sleeping for a bit!
Reply 93
Original post by thewiseone
he's old enough to be your dad....

DISGUSTING.

but he gets SERIOUS reppage for pulling himself some 17 year old poontang..
pics? :colone:

read, he is older than her actual dad lol
Wow. He got with his ex wife before you were even born. Just wow :eek:
Original post by Panda Bear
Fingers crossed he ain't infertile by then.

I swear men are usually fertile their whole lives?

Well then when I get up in the morning I will have to be your midnight distraction to sleeping for a bit!

Oh please. That would be a lovely distraction, you know im always online. :rolleyes:
I'm 17, bf is in his 40s. I fink his ex wife is about 39 or something, why?

N I DO trust him, just feels weird that he's gonna be with another woman while I'm not there I guess. Been together about 6 weeks now, but known him for over 6 months as he was/is my driving instructor.

I'm sorry but that's just a diaster waiting to happen, get out now. I'm not against age gaps, but he's over double your agew, is going through a divorce, and abused his position of instructor by getting with you.

This will end in tears, most of which will be yours.
Reply 98
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Wow. He got with his ex wife before you were even born. Just wow :eek:

his own kids are older than her

no man in his right man does that, it can't be ..
I reckon he isn't even divorced. Just putting it out there:biggrin:

Lol this guy has kids older than you? This isn't going to end well. I just hope you don't get hurt too bad and see it coming. Because this may well put you off men for life, especially considering you are at such a tender age. Anyway tread carefully, because land mines are ahead!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending